Gran Turismo members seen talking with ALMS Teams

• Thread starter Zuel
  • 88 comments
I'd love to have some ALMS cars in GT5. Lets assume the full game keeps the 15 car grids (even more would be great) then we could have say 4 LMP1's, 4 LMP2's & 7 GT1/2 cars in a grid and have some multi-class racing! If it were to happen, I just hope that PD design the cars so that their performances reflect real life results. From example at shorter/slower tracks the LMP2 cars are just as good as the LMP1's. At longer, faster tracks though the LMP1 cars are dominant.

Ok here’s the info I was speaking of but before I get into that I want to ouch bases on one thing. We all know how much Sony, Kazunori Yamauchi-son and the GT Team are into detail just like our self. Keep that in mind so none of you start second guessing the info I’m about to share. As I stated before members of the GT Team were seen at Miller Motor Sports Park speaking with the Teams and Tire Manufactures and retrieved data. The data that was retrieved was tire data and photos of damage tires. With the release of the video and the confirmation of weather and damage coming to GT5 as well the info I just got states GT5 will soon be released. We all or some of us know what tire data is; warm up time, heat transfer, tire life and which tire compound is better or best for each track situation. I believe that will be able to change the tire pressure in the setup menu of GT5 very soon or in the final version of GT5. That’s all the info I can give right now with because I promised him I wouldn’t share any detailed information. But I will share a tire data sheet once I get it. Please note that area on the data sheet wheel be blacked out due to team information. Now you can take this post any way you like. I have no reason to post false information. I take motor sports to the heart it’s my number 1 passion after my family.

One other thing I've asked all my friends and the people I know who deal in motor sport to send me info or pictures on the GT Team. This means there will be eyes scanning for the team at ever track that the ALMS, Speed World Challenge, Champ Car and Indy is at this year.

Last edited:
Weather Changes, Damage, Night Races? I got to thinking and this might be off the wall but we all know off the Nissan R34 Nismo Play Station Pace Car? In GT4 you had to fallow it at a pace. If you got faster the pace car got faster. But if you went to fast both cars would slow down at the same time. Pending on your time you was able to unlock the car with blue pace light or none at all. I wonder if that same pace car or one close to it will be in GT5. This info that we just got may be the start of pace laps and cautions. I’m not sure but I think there will be more to the damage aspect of GT5.

Last edited:
Can we get less speculation and more proof, please? You're still not providing us with proof. Saying this and that and that it comes from someone you trust, doesn't mean anything to us. We don't know who he is. We don't even know who you are.

Have you any proof that Peugeot were there?

Keep that in mind so none of you start second guessing the info I’m about to share.
And then you go an and second guess it.

Like I said in the post you block head once I get the tire data sheets I’ll post but note some area of the sheets will be blacked out.👍:):dopey:
Man go have a beer:cheers:

People, give Zuel a brake. If he's making this up there will be enough possibilities to yell at him in a virtual way (If you like that kinda thing).

Sorry for the comment daan but I’m not going to post sensitive information just to satisfy your ego. Think about daan I’m getting info from Michelin Tire Engineer sensitive manufacture information. If I post the wrong info and if any one from Michelin Tires or any one from the teams that use Michelin Race Tires sees the info the wrong things can happen. (1) Michelin Tires slap’s a banger of a lawsuit on GT Planet, (2) Those teams slap’s a lawsuit, (3) GT Planet shuts down due to the lawsuit or they find out who’s giving out the info and that person loses their job. I not going to take that risk, I wouldn’t ask any of you to take that risk, GT Planet has done a lot for us and the GT Family. There’s no way in the world I’m risking my friends family and their living. Would you risk your family or best friend’s livelihood buy posting sensitive information from their job? I think not and best friends are family. You should know that daan, Your Scottish you know better. 👍:banghead:
I'm going to have a beer:cheers:

Sorry for the comment daan but I’m not going to post sensitive information just to satisfy your ego.
But you said you would post it. My ego demands you post it. :rolleyes:

You do realise that if you now don't post the proof you said you had, you'll be seen as untrustworthy and no one will believe any of your future posts? But, it's your call.

You do realise that if you now don't post the proof you said you had, you'll be seen as untrustworthy and no one will believe any of your future posts? But, it's your call.

What is this obsession with proof? Just believe him or not, I am sure you are smart enough to make your own decision.

Sometimes things just can not be proven on an internet forum so why can't people just accept that?

LOL Daan you are a trip, you remind me to much of my brother in-law he’s Scottish too. I need to give you a kiss on the head. I’ll post once I get it like I said.

Last edited:
What is this obsession with proof? Just believe him or not, I am sure you are smart enough to make your own decision.
It's about maintaining a certain level of quality in the posts on this forum. Do you want the forum to be cluttered with threads of the type 'I heard from my daughter's friend's grandmother's nephew that <insert GT release here> will have <insert rumor here> and <insert other rumor here>' just because people want to get attention or they heard something from unreliable sources?

I for one would like this forum to contain real, quality stuff, not stuff or rumors made up by posers. Plenty of other crappy forums where you can get those. Any moron can say they have inside info, but if you want people to believe it, provide some credibility (like Berca76 did when posting info on NFS: Shift), then you know you can take it seriously (and perhaps uit can be posted it as news on the front page if no NDA's are violated).

Sometimes things just can not be proven on an internet forum so why can't people just accept that?
It's their forum, so stick to their rules. Can't take that? Leave. If this would be my forum (fortunately, it's not :lol:) the thread would be closed already because of the insulting going on. So in my book, the mods here are very laidback.

Just so you wouldn&#8217;t think I was messing around here are pictures of my sister Nikkei here husband Ron and their three kids Rachel, Laynie and Eric.
This thread is getting weirder and weirder.

Sorry I just wanted to prove to daan that my brother in-law is was Scottish.

What is this obsession with proof?

AUP
You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Information that cannot be proven is speculation.

Now, I don't know about you but I've no idea who Zuel is (unlike, say, amar212 who has repeatedly given us information he has been able to back up with proof and now can post uncorroborated information). This means he has no credibility yet - he could be a 5 year old kid (with impressive grammar and spelling) posting for a laugh, an epic attention whore posting up crap or actually who he says he is - or anywhere inbetween.

As it stands, one piece of "information" he has posted is somewhere between "unlikely" and "downright untrue" - that on May 11th the Peugeot Team Total were both at Spa Francorchamps (where they actually were) winning a 1000km race AND Miller Motorsports Park in Utah speaking to PD/Sony especially as they haven't yet confirmed their entry to the ALMS race there next week. This doesn't do this tale any good at all.

So, currently we have an uncorroborated work of fantasy with at least one implausible aspect. Which means that nothing Zuel has posted has any more merit than something a random new member made up. Which makes this thread and anything posted so far in it absolutely worthless.

Unless he can offer up some proof. Amar manages it without compromising his non-disclosure agreement or getting GTPlanet sued (seriously? :rolleyes: ).

Sorry for the comment daan but I’m not going to post sensitive information just to satisfy your ego. Think about daan I’m getting info from Michelin Tire Engineer sensitive manufacture information. If I post the wrong info and if any one from Michelin Tires or any one from the teams that use Michelin Race Tires sees the info the wrong things can happen. (1) Michelin Tires slap’s a banger of a lawsuit on GT Planet, (2) Those teams slap’s a lawsuit, (3) GT Planet shuts down due to the lawsuit or they find out who’s giving out the info and that person loses their job. I not going to take that risk, I wouldn’t ask any of you to take that risk, GT Planet has done a lot for us and the GT Family. There’s no way in the world I’m risking my friends family and their living. Would you risk your family or best friend’s livelihood buy posting sensitive information from their job? I think not and best friends are family. You should know that daan, Your Scottish you know better. 👍:banghead:
I'm going to have a beer:cheers:

Just to throw my hat into the ring, I may be wrong here but from your statement and what you have posted already, it would not be rocket science to work out who this tyre information belongs to and to what it relates to. Once we see it of course. :rolleyes:

Grim 👍

I was looking at Miller Motorsport Park's track calender yesterday and it showed nothing taking place between the 10-12th of May. The earliest ALMS test day was on Friday as tlongman pointed out. At this point there's not much evidence to back up any of Zuel's claims unfortunately.

I also find it a bit hard to believe that Peugeot would be testing at MMP (of all places?) on the same day/weekend they were competing at the Spa 1000km race 💡 Peugeot wouldn't come all the way out to MMP just to test tires...

Alright guys and gals I got the data but there&#8217;s one problem. It can&#8217;t be read through Windows or Mac. Only an ECU/DATA Logger and we all know what that is I hope. I&#8217;m going to get some help from a friend of mine who will be able to help me convert the data to Windows and Mac format. So you&#8217;ll be able to look over the graph. You&#8217;ll be able to see each car on the track as a dot with all the information needed. So please give me some time.

For those that have the software to read ECU/DATA ROM let me know so I can send the file.👍
I'll check back every 30 mins to see who has the software.

But is it going to help prove your story of PD/GT blokes taking measurements and readings from a test session? Or is it just going to be a track map with dots on it?

Ok got the data converted but you can only view it will the ECU CAD Format. In the zip is a program that will allow you to view the data. Once the program is installed click ECU and open profile 01 CAD 4. You&#8217;ll also find information in text format those only files in the zip besides the program. You must know that you won&#8217;t be able to view some field due to losing data in the conversion sorry for that we tried our best. Zip will be posted with in the hour or so must get home to up load.

It's about maintaining a certain level of quality in the posts on this forum. Do you want the forum to be cluttered with threads of the type 'I heard from my daughter's friend's grandmother's nephew that <insert GT release here> will have <insert rumor here> and <insert other rumor here>' just because people want to get attention or they heard something from unreliable sources?

I for one would like this forum to contain real, quality stuff, not stuff or rumors made up by posers. Plenty of other crappy forums where you can get those. Any moron can say they have inside info, but if you want people to believe it, provide some credibility (like Berca76 did when posting info on NFS: Shift), then you know you can take it seriously (and perhaps uit can be posted it as news on the front page if no NDA's are violated).

It's their forum, so stick to their rules. Can't take that? Leave. If this would be my forum (fortunately, it's not :lol:) the thread would be closed already because of the insulting going on. So in my book, the mods here are very laidback.

This thread is getting weirder and weirder.

I am sure the 'Owners' can speak for themselves but thanks anyway for clearing things up.

This whole Site is full of nothing but speculation so what harm is there in a little more. hehe

I agree, if individuals make claims, then to a degree they need to be justified with some sort of truth! My only point is I think some members are just too quick to jump on people with the accusations of BS, even if the person with the claim tries to prove things but for whatever reason can't entirely.

Latest Posts

Back