Gran Turismo - Mixed Endurance Series - Season 5 FINISHED

Round-2.jpg

GT-MES arrives to Brazil!

GT-MES Season 5 had exciting start in Germany last week, but this Friday we head to Interlagos in Brazil.
This is first time for GT-MES in Interlagos, so it is even field for everyone. Traffic will be big part of the race result.

Gr2 class was dominated by one man last time out.
And that man was xZePhyR96x. Nissan-man started from pole, made 1st corner safely, and took easy first win in Gr2. Will be interesting if he can dominate same way in Interlagos, sofar there is no reasons why not.
His teammate VitmnG completed 1-2 win for Nissan. Small accident and mistake dropped him to 3rd, and he had to work hard to get back to 2nd, overtaking his rival only in last corner of last lap. Interlagos is one of his favorite tracks, but he needs more than that to beat his teammate.
Last podium spot went to jonirune91 from Honda. He found himself second last few laps with bit of luck and 1-stop strategy, but he could defend his spot for several laps, even with being low on fuel, and slower tyres. He eventually got overtaken in last corner, but positive result anyway. He has had positive pre-race tests, so expect him to be there in podium fight again.
Fellow Honda-driver, sota59 had hardrace. He was lacking pace in quali, then got taken out by Gr3-accident in start, and was out of the fight already in first lap. He caught podium-fight only in last corner, too little too late. Difficult testing ahead Fridays race, he is looking just for clean race.

We had suprise winner in Gr3 in Germany

BMW rookie thunder-pigeon took his debut win. Good quali, clean start, strong racepace and strategy, perfect start to his journey in GT-MES. Interlagos is not his strongest track, but BMW has had good test.
Favorite ahead of Round 1 in Nurburgring was Nils. He had won his all 3 races there before, but was not able to get maximum points this time. But he took important points, debut in Mazda was very positive, and he has had strong results in Interlagos in other series.
Rookie doc-shipman's podium for BMW shows they are team to beat in Gr3. He had no real pressure from behind, so he only needed to finish clean. As mentioned, BMW had strong test, so look out for doc-shipman in Brazil.
Road2FURY from Australia did not really have start to season he was hoping for, start accident ruining his race. Audi-man is looking for clean race this time out.
Ferrari-man lavillegr was also part in that accident, ending his podium chances. But he set solid laptimes following laps, showing his speed. Expect him to be in podium fight, if not even for win.

If interested to join, PM me or Nilsemann.

Last edited:
Round-3.jpg

We head to Japan!

Fuji is first stop in our Japan trip. Many manufacturers are from Japan, and hoping for pair of home wins.
GT-MES had issues last time out in Brazil, due server problems. That delayed by half an hour, and sadly one driver had to miss out race due problems.
We apologize, hope no more problems this season.
Race turned out good anyway, and we have interesting race ahead of us....

Gr2 field cant seem to stop this man.
xZePhyR96x in Nissan took win again in Brazil, and lead from start to finish, but margin in race and quali was atleast lot smaller. He has now 50kg heavier car than second heaviest due ticks, his rivals cars BoP was fixed, he is going to have more challenging races ahead. But this time, he will miss Fuji-race, leaving door open for someone else...
After unlucky start to season, and underwhelming testing ahead of Brazil, sota59 was in pace, in quali, and race. He took second place at the start, lost it for moment, but got it back. Rather than pushing trying to catch leader, he focused on holding his position, and finished safely second. He needs repeat his solid performance this Friday, to get himself, and Honda back to title race.
VitmnG was close to his teammates times in quali, but dropping behind sota59 in start, spin and pit stop-glitch dropped him to even bit lucky 3rd place. He has the speed, experience, he just needs to take win, to keep up with his Nissan-teammate. He won in Fuji last season, so he is favorite to repeat that this time too.
Second in a row, that Honda gets collected by Gr3-crash behind. jonirune91 fought back after, but time loss from engine damage meant he was not close enough to take advantage of VitmnG's problems.

Another suprise winner in Gr3.
Australian Audi-man Road2FURY took his first win of the season, after hard debut in first round. Fastest in Quali, clean start, and hold of his rival rest of the race, even after scare in last lap. Can he repeat this in Fuji?
Nils was favorite going in to season, but even after Mazda proven good, championship lead, he is yet to win a race. He won last season in Fuji, so he will be strong again.
His Mazda-teammate, fellow German farin79 took podium in his debut. He kept his nose clean, and has now good base for improvements following rounds. Will look for another podium in Fuji.
After win in first round, thunder-pigeon was taken out in first corner by his BMW-teammate. Lost time was too much to get back, and he had to spend rest of the race fighting with his teammate for 4th place. He has speed to win, can he get clean start this time?
As said, BMW's doc-shipman car handled like a ship going in to corner, and took out his teammate, and Gr2 car. He has now drivethrough penalty to serve in Fuji, but he is not much off his teammates pace, so dont rule out fight back to podium.

If interested to join, PM me or Nilsemann.

Last edited:
Sorry about the incident at Interlagos, completely misread T1 braking point and by that time there was nowhere for me to go... :(

On my best behaviour for Fuji this Friday :)

Sorry about the incident at Interlagos, completely misread T1 braking point and by that time there was nowhere for me to go... :(

On my best behaviour for Fuji this Friday :)
Mistakes do happen, don't worry too much about that one... I had this situation in a race last year too and I know how it feels
Good luck for the next race :)

hello , was wondering if it would be possible to join this series in a Gr2 car , asking because it seems like they are all gone and also because I really dont/"cant" drive the Gr3 cars :)

hello , was wondering if it would be possible to join this series in a Gr2 car , asking because it seems like they are all gone and also because I really dont/"cant" drive the Gr3 cars :)
You could share a car with one of the Lexus drivers. I know one of these entries is more than likely a one-off for this weeks Autopolis race and after that this car would be free again. This means you can’t drive this week but everything from next week on. This is the only option I see right now to get you in a Gr.2 car. I‘ll have a talk with sota about that and I‘ll let you know as soon as possible whether we can do that or not.

An OK testing session last night. A bit of an interesting one from a strategy perspective. Tyre wear is quite high, especially for the M3 as TP is carrying a quite a bit of extra weight now...

Just as a thought on this, will we be awarded championship points on our finishing position, or based on the position without SRT classified?
SRT has a seat in the Gr.2 category now since one of the cars was "reserved" for someone in case they'd make it to a race but now this car is needed

Round-4.jpg

We are hitting midseason!

We are finishing out Japan-trip in Autopolis. This is new track to GT-MES calendar, very technical and tight, hardest race of the season. Lot of accidents expected, conservative approach will be key to victory.
This is also 4th race of the season, important race for those who have started season slow. Only the 5 best results count, so anybody can still win this, even if first 3 races did not go to plan. Also, ticks earned here on, will stay rest of the season, giving small advantage to those who started season well.

Nissan has been challenged in Gr2.
Honda returned winning ways in Fuji, dominating from start to finish. After trading places all race long, it was sota59 who took the win. He was the one to stay back most of the race, only to go aggressive on last pit-stop, jumping his teammate, and keeping the lead till the end. He now needs to keep pushing Nissan's, to stay in title race.
jonirune91 was impressive in Fuji, but after getting jumped in pit-stop, and making small mistake, he settled for second place. He has now proven that there is speed to win, but needs to be consistent for rest of the season, and needs to win sooner rather than later. Maybe keep momentum going in Autopolis?
When it was told his teammate would miss the race, VitmnG was expected to keep wins coming for Nissan, and was favorite after last seasons race, but it just did not work out. He did not have speed to match Honda-pair, could to jump them on start, and his strategy was not working. He might miss Autopolis, increasing pressure for following races, but he is well known talent, only time he returns winning ways.
xZePhyR96x dominated first 2 races, but missed last race, leaving door open to his rivals. But this also leveled tick-situation. He has still heaviest car of the field, but he is favorite to win in Autopolis. He has been known to be fastest, while not doing mistakes. Let see if that is story in Autopolis as well.
MrRacingline from Denmark has signed deal with Lexus for rest of the season. We dont know yet how fast he is, but he has been told that he is super consistant, and he has lot of experience from this game. He missed first 3 rounds, but he arrives with light car, and 5 rounds to go, he has all chances to win title.
Series veteran from previous seasons, Emilius73 will make one-off return, this time with Lexus. He wont have experience of the car like others, but he will have light car, and might mix up the field.

Field is super tight in Gr3.
thunder-pigeon has officially entered title fight. Win from first round, and now win from Fuji, he has shown he can win everywhere. BMW-driver had couple close moments in Fuji, but could build gap big enough to win. As a result of his great performances, he now has heavy car, but as said, conservative approach will beat speed in Autopolis.
Mazda-driver Nils was yet again second. He had it hard all race long, and his rest of the season is bit of a question mark. He will miss Autopolis, track that could been great for him, and his car. 3 second places is great start, but he needs wins now.
Road2FURY won in Brazil, and proved his speed in Fuji. Couple accidents took Audi-man away from win battle, but if he can stay away from accidents in Autopolis, watch out. He is known to dislike the track tho....
farin79 is also potential winner. He just missed out on podium in Fuji, but could match pace of the leaders. Can the Mazda-driver stay away from trouble?
BMW-driver doc-shipman had penalty coming to Fuji, and it took him out of fight, but he was also in pace of leaders. He needs big results for next couple races, or he may have to start support his teammates title-bid.
TaZZ_1990 was very late entry to Fuji, and struggled during the race. He will miss Autopolis, but after bit practice, he could mix up the class. He signed sponsor-deal with Monster Energy, logo will be in his Ferrari rest of the season.
His Ferrari-teammate lavillegr had lot of bad luck in first races, and also missed last race. But he is fast driver, car is lighter than others, he should return with bang.

In other news, after news before the season that this is last season of Gr2-Gr3, rumors from GT-MES board meeting in Bangkok is that series will return Gr3-Gr4 -rules from S1-S2. GT-MES commissioner, Mr Sotastone was too drunk to address rumours.

Last edited:
View attachment 816873
In other news, after news before the season that this is last season of Gr2-Gr3, rumors from GT-MES board meeting in Bangkok is that series will return Gr3-Gr4 -rules from S1-S2. GT-MES commissioner, Mr Sotastone was too drunk to address rumours.

This could be very interesting!

Got some questions regarding the race - what time of day on the track will be used ? default is 16.30 cloudy .....Are all driving options/aids availeble for use (traction - countersteering etc) ?

Got some questions regarding the race - what time of day on the track will be used ? default is 16.30 cloudy .....Are all driving options/aids availeble for use (traction - countersteering etc) ?
The time is depending on the track, the Nürburgring races since Season 2 had all a afternoon time setting while Fuji had a early morning setting in the last seasons for example.
Driving aids are allowed (Countersteering could be banned if it turns out as too OP but no one has complained so far)

The time is depending on the track, the Nürburgring races since Season 2 had all a afternoon time setting while Fuji had a early morning setting in the last seasons for example.
Driving aids are allowed (Countersteering could be banned if it turns out as too OP but no one has complained so far)

So you wount know what the track time will be used untill race time , thats not fair in my opinion , its an big advantage knowing what time tracktime will be used ......

So you wount know what the track time will be used untill race time , thats not fair in my opinion , its an big advantage knowing what time tracktime will be used ......
I've been driving in other series and there it was the same than here. As a driver, I never experienced any advantages or disadvantages from that

Latest Posts

Back