gran turismo must make something like forza horizon

should gran turismo make a similar game like forza horizon

• Total voters
They are still slow and still behind and if you had a hand in it you know you would keep it current and not dated. Customizations and options is extremely important to me and too bad in the videogame world is lacking while in the real world we keep on progressing. I still believe we need some fresh heads in these places because these people like Dan and Kaz walks around like their poop don't stink and they know what's up.
I think you need a fresh check on reality. Video games suffer the same fate as any other developer for an electronic. By the time you get halfway through your development cycle, the next big thing is just around the corner; it's impossible to stay up to date with technology & representing it in a format. The only way to keep up with the advancing world is to constantly update the games & that's pointless if you want to begin the next title and start working on improving features that can't be updated.

The only games that can stay up-to-date with the world are sports games likes Madden or 2K because those are 98% roster/jersey updates; they struggle with the other 2% (arenas & what not) because those happen halfway through the real season/development cycle.

Will be great to see who does better.

The crew is not like Forza, I meant something circling around a festival and all that... Maybe even a mix betweeen Forza Horizon and TDU. But The Crew is great though, it´s those games that look like they´ll keep you entertained for hours and hours!

The Crew has some interesting concepts, but I wouldn't expect it to rival Horizon in terms of handling dynamics.
Indeed, it´s a way diferente game and it will have very diferente handling, mostly because there is a larger variety of vehicles, and most of the times (at least from what I saw in the trailers) you will be driving off road. It will range from Hot Hatches, to Muscle cars, to Trophy Trucks to Supercars. And most can be turned into an off-road version, as it was verified in the trailers (Example: The Camaro was turned into an off-road car)

No fan of the user interface and all those big signs yelling at you where to go, in-case-you-didn't-see-the-road-for-some-reason-because-it's-only-right-in-front-of-you-and-who-knows-maybe-you're-gifted-with-inverted-tunnel-vision?

The map looks pretty big though.

Edit: I like the logic in that beach mission: "Smuggling goods is bad, so let's attempt to stop that guy and run over a couple of kids playing on the beach while we're at it!"

Last edited:
You guys are correct that disagreed with me. I don't totally know 101 percent of this racing genre and the people making these games. Just an outsider trying to look in. Not asking for the world but the little touches would be nice. But that is what I like to see. I still do buy these games regardless who makes them if I find them attractive.

But I still believe that if WE as in GTPlanet people had Dan or Kaz budget, we can come up something better than what those corporate guys put out. I never underestimate the knowledge GTP people have and never looked up to Dan or Kaz as Gods as some of the people think they are.

I apologize for sounding bitter or harsh.

But I still believe that if WE as in GTPlanet people had Dan or Kaz budget, we can come up something better than what those corporate guys put out. I never underestimate the knowledge GTP people have and never looked up to Dan or Kaz as Gods as some of the people think they are.
Project CARS is pretty much the closest thing to that scenario. It's not the end-all game for every sort of automotive enthusiast -- certainly not for those who are into the street/tuner scene -- but it promises to be a dream game for anyone who's a fan of motorsports. It combines the technical depth of the hardcore niche sims with the gameplay depth of a full-bodied mainstream title like Forza/GT, because that's what the WMD community (people like us) asked for.

To their credit, Playground Games seems to have been receptive to community input on Forza Horizon 2 -- much more so than Turn 10 with FM5, if you ask me.

Project CARS is pretty much the closest thing to that scenario. It's not the end-all game for every sort of automotive enthusiast -- certainly not for those who are into the street/tuner scene -- but it promises to be a dream game for anyone who's a fan of motorsports. It combines the technical depth of the hardcore niche sims with the gameplay depth of a full-bodied mainstream title like Forza/GT, because that's what the WMD community (people like us) asked for.

To their credit, Playground Games seems to have been receptive to community input on Forza Horizon 2 -- much more so than Turn 10 with FM5, if you ask me.

Indeed, for the general fans of racing games, this year is gonna be preety good! You have alot of games out there that have been released and wich are gonna be released that look very promising...

The Crew has some interesting concepts, but I wouldn't expect it to rival Horizon in terms of handling dynamics.
true that.
for horizon, my hope is that with all assists off it will play close to forza 5, and it will not be dumbed down too much.
plus, some precision tracks would help a lot in the long run - if my first hope is met that is.

I think Forza Horizon did a better job of replicating real world handling dynamics than FM4, just with artificially high limits of traction and braking performance. They boosted grip on the tire model, but improved the suspension modelling, consequences of weight transfer, and aerodynamics (lift at high speed). In my experience, Horizon is closer to what it's like to drive a car at the limit -- not in terms of limits/performance, but behavior. Most of its shortcomings are things it inherited from FM4, anyway. FM4 was not a hardcore simulator.

It seems likely that FH2 will have a similar extra-grippy tire model, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a carbon copy of FM5...

Wolfe, what happened to Shift then? I'm not on point with the scene that much but aren't these the same Shift guys involved with Pcars now? After seeing numerous videos I still see "feel" Shift DNA. I do know Shift guys were on the PC stuff before. Just wondering why Shift was a total failure to everyone. I am one of the 4 people in this world that actually loved Shift though. And why according to the poll almost half don't want GT making a FH type game? Isn't more racing games a good thing if done right? Why refuse to accept something fresh from those guys? I thought GTP people were car guys with open arms to any type of racer or type of cars?

I still hope FH2 will be great even though I don't see anything super duper major improvement besides graphics. But every installment of FM series does seem to improve nicely IMO even though people that don't play the games would think they are all the same.

Wolfe, what happened to Shift then? I'm not on point with the scene that much but aren't these the same Shift guys involved with Pcars now? After seeing numerous videos I still see "feel" Shift DNA. I do know Shift guys were on the PC stuff before. Just wondering why Shift was a total failure to everyone. I am one of the 4 people in this world that actually loved Shift though.
Yep, Slightly Mad Studios made the Shift games, and are also composed of people from SimBin Studios (GTR series), as you mentioned. Project CARS is the spiritual successor to Shift 2 Unleashed (they began with the same game engine as a base), but starting over with a new brand. EA either canned the Shift series or SMS walked away, not sure which. PCARS was crowdfunded, if you didn't already know.

They've put a lot of work into the engine (they call it Madness), with the goal of producing a top-of-the-line, next-gen simulator for all platforms. I'm not an early-access member, but it's looking good so far.
And why according to the poll almost half don't want GT making a FH type game? Isn't more racing games a good thing if done right? Why refuse to accept something fresh from those guys? I thought GTP people were car guys with open arms to any type of racer or type of cars?
The thread title includes the words "gran turismo", so the poll attracted members from that part of the GTPlanet. :P

I would like a Forza Horizon-like free-roam racer for the PS3, but I am certain that PD wouldn't be up for that kind of game. TDU2, MCLA, and NFS Most Wanted are free-roam racing titles on the PS3, however they feel a bit too arcade-like.

Doesn't need to be a full Simulator free-roam. It should have a good balance of commuter cars, trucks, sports cars, and supercars. I would like a free-roam game that feels responsive to any type of controllers, provide handling physics to the cars that are at least close to that of the real counterpart, and that each car can be properly tuned (similar to Forza 4 or GT6's car tuning settings).

Adding realistic traffic AI (Adaptive AI that drive speed varies to what the speed limit sign for the road describes, as to closely mimic traffic in the real world.) would be a major plus, but may be difficult to create on a limited schedule.
I played Forza Horizon and it is a good game. Yet while cruising at roadway speeds, I seen AI traffic going 30mph on a road with speed limit signs that clearly stated 55mph.

Last edited:
And why according to the poll almost half don't want GT making a FH type game? Isn't more racing games a good thing if done right? Why refuse to accept something fresh from those guys? I thought GTP people were car guys with open arms to any type of racer or type of cars?
Post #35 sums it up for me (and probably the twelve other people who endorsed it). PD are historically bad at delegating and it hurts the core game.

I honestly hope PD doesn't waste their time making a game like this. They desperately need to work on the major issues of their main series instead. And can you leave the elitist sim racer attitude at the door? There's nothing wrong with carefree racing games like Horizon, even though it's more realistic than people think. It sure doesn't belong in the same category as NFS.

Considering how much GT revolves around collecting and driving roadcars in amateur-style events, the main game would almost make more sense in an open world setting, with track days on famous circuits (drive to an airport and "fly" there?).

Back