gran turismo must make something like forza horizon

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 1' started by lambo is life, Dec 26, 2013.

?

should gran turismo make a similar game like forza horizon

1. YEAH

57.3%
  2. no...

42.7%
  1. lambo is life

lambo is life

I think that gt must make a game like forza horizon because it is just an awesome game and it sucks that ps users can't play such game please do it!!!!!!

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  2. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

Sure, wouldn't mind it.

3. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

I'd rather have better sounds, more real life tracks and more cars, thank you.

4. andy0a

andy0a

I'm sorry but I like having my moon simulation and driving simulations separate as is in GT6. 1:47 is the most "realistic" part of the video.

GregOr1971 likes this.
  5. Imari

Imari

I remain surprised that they didn't use the standard cars for a Horizon-type game. The level of quality is about perfect, you could probably get twenty+ cars on screen at once (for all the traffic) AND have power left over for some pretty graphics.

I think it could have been pretty sweet, especially since they'd probably approach it in a different way from the "rock festival" atmosphere (which I admit to kind of enjoying, though it was cheesy). Fictional Pebble Beach-type event? Cool.

Fat chance of it ever happening though, PD have enough trouble getting numbered releases out the door without something like this on their plate. And I hardly see them handing it off to someone else.

FosterG likes this.
  6. Atarwii

Atarwii

I agree, there is a definite hole since I completed MCLA

7. Aftrbrnr

Aftrbrnr

I would say the closest thing to Horizon on PS3 is TDU2, there are some aspects of the TDU franchise that I feel are better than Horizon.

8. turdhat

turdhat

I continue to return to Horizon often. Love that game. Love the rally pack the most ! Cars look great, locked at 30 fps though but it doesnt bother me at all because they used motion blur correctly to mask it. Awesome wheel support for my Fanatec and top notch force feedback. Way better force feedback than Gt I am afraid. I wish the would improve the FF in GT. At least give us wheel users some options like damper, spring, curb effect strength etc..

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  9. Lain

Lain Premium

I don't need two Horizon-esque series, just Horizon is fine by me.

If there were a Playstation equivalent, that'd be cool for the people who can't or don't want to buy multiple platforms, but I don't think Polyphony can afford to stretch their small team any thinner than they already are with the vast scope of the main GT entries.

10. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

They could always do like Turn 10 did and farm it out to another company. I wouldn't mind a free-roam version of GT. I love Horizon over any version of Forza or GT because it's far less limiting. I can just get out there and drive and not worry about anything, so a similar game from GT would please me greatly.

11. unitedstomper

unitedstomper

Totally unrealistic IMO

FSportIS likes this.
  12. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

I havent played Forza Horizon but it looks totally like NFS.

FSportIS and Toshost like this.
  13. Davoxx

Davoxx

Yes you can with Need for speed lol , ahahahhaha come on !!!!
    Forza Horizon is the worst Forza OP lol , I enjoyed forza 2-3-4 and played forza horizon 1 days and sold it directly !!!
    I don't like arcade !!!!

FSportIS and Toshost like this.
  14. VXR

VXR

Then don't drive it like its an arcade game. Driven sensibly it feels pretty grounded in realism.

15. Mustangmiha

Mustangmiha

Definitely! I imagine it being set somewhere in Scandinavia or Japan, somewhere where's usually grey and monotonic, with our cars making the landscape alive. Mentioning landscape, PD might have some serious troubles if they continue to use their 2D trees...
    url.jpg urI.jpg

Populuxe Cowboy and VXR like this.
  16. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

It still baffles me how no one can recognize the obvious Forza Motorsport 4 DNA in Horizon. By casting Horizon aside as "arcade" rubbish, they're effectively claiming FM4 is a few tweaks away from "arcade" rubbish.

17. TJisA1337NOOB

TJisA1337NOOB

Very well put Wolfe. To me with my Fanatec wheel it is not far off Forza 4. Their are a couple differences but it is massively different than anything NFS. And it's a lot of fun.:)

18. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

You obviously played it wrong. Don't drive like a madman just because the game lets you drive over anything. In addition to what others have said, show me another free roam racing game that's more realistic than Horizon. Good luck. You'll need it. Horizon is in a league of its own and its a shame to see people put it down.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  19. Davoxx

Davoxx

As I told you i like simulation and not at all arcade games because I hate people who drive mad and don't use brakes ! This game is for children , real forza are for adults !

20. TJisA1337NOOB

TJisA1337NOOB

I can't figure out why this is the first thing some people resort too. Calling someone a child's never going to get you anywhere. If you don't like Horizon say it once and then leave. I've played every Forza so far except #1. And I enjoyed Horizon as much as I enjoyed any of the rest. Different yes but still a lot of fun if you give it half a chance.

VXR, Populuxe Cowboy and Davoxx like this.
  21. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Plays video games. Calls people with opposing interest, children.

wat

FosterG, Fezz_ST and VXR like this.
  22. Fastcarguy

Fastcarguy Premium

It does not need to be like horizon, it just needs a free roam map. Would be very good for police roleplaying, and just have some variety

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Barracuda413 likes this.
  23. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I am not going to say Gran Turismo NEEDS a Horizon-type game, but it would be very cool. Without trying to do any self-marketing, it's something I think about in my racing game blog and wonder how it should all be executed for a GT-style Forza Horizon. All I can say is that it would be very cool to see a one-off GT in the style of Forza Horizon.

24. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

PD, the developers of GT, are incapable of making something like Horizon because PD are too dry, dull, and lifeless for that sort of product. They could make an open world in which one can drive with all the soul-lessness of Gran Turismo, but that wouldn't be like Horizon. Horizon is more than just an open map and cars driving around in it. PD making a game like Horizon would be like Congress throwing a wild party.

Atarwii likes this.
  25. UKMikey

UKMikey Premium

They could farm it out to Playground... :idea:

26. FT-1

FT-1

Fixed :cool:

27. Spitty

Spitty

I thought Drive Club was the answer to Hirozn. :cheers:

28. Marqus

Marqus

Didn't this happen already? I heard that PD WAS approached with the idea of an open-world game and they turned it down. Thus, Driveclub was born...

29. Spitty

Spitty

Driveclub would be much more interesting with GT physics, but that's another story...
    Gran Turismo claims to be a driving simulator...so open roads would be perfect. Too bad they turned it down.

30. Imari

Imari

Nope.

It doesn't have simulation physics.
    It's not open world.

Driveclub is more like the old Need for Speed games with added internets.

Spitty likes this.