Gran Turismo New York Preview: New Partnership, New Content, New Drama

And yet you still won! Montoya is just a sore loser. Being a Schumacher fan back in the day I have no love for him. Well done and good luck this weekend!
I still love his Williams press conference

I was never a fan of of his character back in a day.

He still had some speed (more then I would ever get :D ) in him.

Yeah you are right. Since i arrived in america i couldn't sleep at all, having red eyes too and always being tired there but yeah my answers could have been better haha.

Yes and Montoya is from that older generation (now things are changing) that look at games just as games for "kids and nerds" that is why he went for the stereotype

Esports are growing massively.

I think that thanks to GTsport / GTacademy (fortnite etc also helped) all other simracing championships got so much attention.

As much as people were against "sport" part of GT - it is a good direction to go (in my opinion) and I would guess they started thinking about it back in GTHD days.

I got lazy and slept in. They said doors open at 1pm. I was planning on bringing my laptop and trying out PS4 Remote Play for the first time and playing some games while we wait outside. I would assume they have a standby line and if you leave that you lose your spot. I'd just hunker down and read a book or stay on the internet for a few hours watching videos or something.

No Kawakami or Yamanaka this time?

Or are they focusing on the Supra Cup, maybe?

photo6.jpg

Has anyone gone to a WT event before? How early do you have to show up before doors opening to get in?

Trying to spend as little time in Times Square as possible

Was there as a Media, but usually, try to enter at 9 or 10 am. Enough time to chill before the thrills and get the feeling.

It's a good crowd but there's still plenty of room. Come on down!
Made it in as GA, was just wondering if there was a secret handshake to get in earlier haha. What a spectacular final race.

Managed to ask Kaz to sign my steelbook but only had a black sharpie :,(

“Oh, hmm black on black” he said as he was signing it

Montoya is the new GTS partner? And Michelin too?

No I got the impression Montoya is just attached to Michelin somehow and Michelin is sponsoring GTS so hence Montoya was asked to show up. He's not against GTS, just not currently a Playstation owner by his own words and hence not a regular player or fan per se. Did mention the big sims he uses for work though which is pretty cool. I think these guys do a lot more work on sims these days at work so probably not as caring about racing games and sims at home.

Back