Gran Turismo Set to Reveal New Partnership With Mazda

Polyphony letting the horses loose now!

Who FORZA this?

You know, nobody brought up Forza at any point during this thread, yet you seem very free to bring it up in order to disparage the series when there is no need.

But whatever, apparently Forza doesn't matter to most people here, and we're all in racing game peace. *shrug*

Furai is not dead Mazda is not going let this car die off it has the data. It has everything.

PD can easily recreate it if Mazda gives them the Cad data.

Well recording the sound cant happen because the car burnt down unless Mazda builds a new one which I highly doubt will happen.
Agreed in general but the sound is that of a 3-rotor NA race engine which is the same GT300 RX7 FD raced on and the sample was already pretty nice in GT5 and GT6. They just had to copy-paste it ont the Furai's one. But no, it had to be done totally wrong. :banghead:

I can’t think of any particular Mazdas I’d wanna see, at the moment. Maybe that new Mazda 3 TCR car, or some MazdaSpeed variants of their models. But I’d love to see both the pre-facelift and facelifted versions of the RX-8, with the Spirit R version being used to represent the latter.

Another idea would be to include a variant of the “series 6” RX-7 FD, to compliment the “series 8” Spirit R that we already have. There’s also the older SA22. Aside from that, there were some models seen in prior GT games I’d like to see, like the Cosmo Sport.

But I think the Mazda DPi would be a great addition to Gr.1, too. I think it’d go nicely with the conceptual LM55 VGT and the older 787B. And the Super GT300 RX-7 could be good for Gr.3, too. I honestly don’t mind it if we do or don’t get the Furai, though - I think the LM55 VGT is similar enough for me. I mean, I’d bet the Furai would just be put into Gr.X, whereas the LM55 seems like it covers an identical niche.

You know, nobody brought up Forza at any point during this thread, yet you seem very free to bring it up in order to disparage the series when there is no need.

But whatever, apparently Forza doesn't matter to most people here, and we're all in racing game peace. *shrug*
I feel like it was actually just a silly pun.

Mazda are known for their grassroots Motorsports. Let's see if they do offer up a World MX-5 Cup as suggested in an earlier post. Would make sense.

I doubt we'll see an announcement of helping Mazda develop "a car" in this game. The three newest Mazdas we have, are all from 2015. Maybe the ND RF GT or a (BL)3 MPS, could arrive as there are now newer performance models in Mazda's line up.
Only other car would be the Axela Diesel, to complete the non SUV models
IMG_7228.JPG

Saturday can't come soon enough

I'm hoping the Mazda 3 TCR will also come at some point. The Gr.4 Atenza is just too slow everywhere. Also hoping for the road version of the RX Vision at some point.

@Famine your article made me curious though, which other manufacturers apart from Mazda have never been to a live event? I only started following closely this year so my memory of last year is fuzzy. I'm guessing Citroen, Renault, Mitsubishi and Dodge?

Last edited:
Still in development. MAy or may not have a rotary as they can't say much about it(riiiiiiiiiight).

Mazda 100 year anniversary. Kaz saying keep expectations high about what's to come from Mazda. I'm thinking old school Mazda rotarys.

Well it isn't very GT3'ish isn't it. While still being worked on, they really should rethink the hideous attached spoiler. It ruins pretty much the astethics to such a gorgeous car. I assume they lose the clownwheels as well for the GT3 Spec.

Give it a rotary Mazda :)

Latest Posts

Back