Gran Turismo Set to Reveal New Partnership With Mazda

I want a Furai and I want it now.
Shhh.. Top Gear might hear you
IMG_7218.GIF

What Mazdas are likely to be coming though? I dont see that much interesting in their current portfolio of cars.

Yep, the most beautiful concept car in the show (it actually won that prize), and one designed with production intent...

What awards it won is irrelevant to me.

The game is seriously bloated with concept cars, while it might satisfy Yamauchis ambition to be more entrenched in the motor industry I don't think it adds more value than adding real production and racing cars in the game.

Having all the concept cars in the world doesnt matter if they had a way to exclude them from custom races so... this is their own doing.

The game is seriously bloated with concept cars, while it might satisfy Yamauchis ambition to be more entrenched in the motor industry I don't think it adds more value than adding real production and racing cars in the game.
A just counted total of 41 VGT models out of 315 total cars comes to 13.01%. Not really a 'bloated' amount, but to each is own I suppose.

Also apologies for potential double post.

EDIT: 43**/315 = 13.65%

Last edited:
Some people have mentioned on here previously that they wish PD would have a "road map" for future DLC. I mentioned elsewhere that I feel like we are bit by bit, now seeing a sort-of mini roadmap revealed for GTS for the rest of 2019 and 2020.

After all, we already know about 2 more Porsches incoming in 2020 (in case you've forgotten), we know about Laguna Seca now, the Supra GR.4 in December, now this Mazda GR.3 which looks like a 2020 addition.

I think/guess that the Mazda "chat" may well be like Porsche, with potentially other incoming Mazdas teased for next year, similar to Porsche. Especially as the "chat" and pro-am is scheduled for 90 minutes. Although I may be taking a leap on that.

We can certainly expect more wet tracks to come next year.

The separate Lewis Hamilton related DLC might be something like Vettel in GT5 or Senna in GT6 and that's likely in my opinion to be another thing not arriving till 2020.

The VGT programme is coming alive again (dont forget Porsche is coming next year).

When you piece this all together, and that's just what we know and doesn't include any future surprises we don't yet know about, like future new tracks (I expect more of those in 2020 too), that's building to a not insignificant amount of content coming for a game in its third year.

That doesn't paper over the cracks though of course, such as no development of new missions, the lack of development of the GT League structure, weekly daily races etc.

Rambled a bit, back to the topic, I look forward to seeing the Mazda presentation and how they fit into the next stage of GTS 👍

Ooh, one final point, I forgot that we will get the Spa circuit experience this month :D

RX-7 GT300, adding more SuperGT cars with corresponding GT3/300 would be great.

Eventually some of the cup cars together with RX-8 in Gr.4 (GT4) would be nice...

Q5XR8 what game is this MX5 MK4 ND roadster in? I note the tow hooks and rear spoiler in the screenshot. The MX5 ND in GT Sport is the 1.5L model without any racing stuff fitted...
It's supposedly the early build of GT Sport. Somehow, that ND never made it into the final game. Maybe we see it in the future. Maybe not.

Gran Turismo has always been with concept cars though.
And some of these make it in real world.
It is not bad, i think it gives some Manufacturers and PD a bit of help with putting their ideas into virtual stuff.

Interested on the Mazda, hopefully it is a success

A just counted total of 41 VGT models out of 315 total cars comes to 13.01%. Not really a 'bloated' amount, but to each is own I suppose.

Also apologies for potential double post.

EDIT: 43**/315 = 13.65%

Yes I would argue that's very bloated as that's more than one in every eight cars in the game.

Gran Turismo has always been with concept cars though.
And some of these make it in real world.
It is not bad, i think it gives some Manufacturers and PD a bit of help with putting their ideas into virtual stuff.

Interested on the Mazda, hopefully it is a success

Yes but in GT1 it was one in every 150 cars. For GT2, maybe one in 100. Not one in eight.

Last edited:
Yes I would argue that's very bloated as that's more than one in every eight cars in the game.

Yes but in GT1 it was one in every 150 cars. For GT2, maybe one in 100. Not one in eight.
May I present you GT6 era where almost every new monthly cars is a VGT.

Furai is not dead Mazda is not going let this car die off it has the data. It has everything.

PD can easily recreate it if Mazda gives them the Cad data.

Well recording the sound cant happen because the car burnt down unless Mazda builds a new one which I highly doubt will happen.

Concept cars are awesome. They do belong in racing games. A lot of them never make it into production like the Miura Concept, Cala, Nazca C2, Scighera and many others.

Back