Gran Turismo Set to Reveal New Partnership With Mazda

As a driver of a Mazda MX5 this is great news.

It shows they are a drivers manufacturer with an eye on the racing enthusiast.

That’s a real positive to the Mazda brand in my book!

Can’t wait for the incoming Mazda content....

Hope we will get the new Mazda 3 TCR soon in the virtual world of Gran Turismo!
I drive a 323 Astina and I'm hyped for Mazda content as well. We haven't even got through this news yet and I'm thinking the Mazda 3 TCR arrives with a certain Tri-oval in Daytona, come this January. ;)

Just a couple days to go and we see what Mazda USA has come up with. :)

Great news! Let's hope that beyond racecar concepts, PD will add some real road and racecars from Mazda's past and present. The latest Mazda 3 with the unique Skyactiv-X engine and RX7 racecars or tuned ones should be on top priority imho.

zoom.png

Deep forest, trial mountain, SSR11, High speed ring, autumn ring, deep Valley and the test course with acceleration timings like GT4 hadwould easily get £15 from me.

Could even be something to do with that pikes peak licence they haven't made any money from yet as well

As a driver of a Mazda MX5 this is great news.

It shows they are a drivers manufacturer with an eye on the racing enthusiast.

That’s a real positive to the Mazda brand in my book!

Can’t wait for the incoming Mazda content....

Hope we will get the new Mazda 3 TCR soon in the virtual world of Gran Turismo!

I've owned three RX-7s and currently own an MX-5. To put it mildly, I'm kind of a Mazda enthusiast. That bias exposed, aside from not having a rotary offering at the moment, Mazda is killing it now probably to a greater extent than they ever have before. They really have a super stable of automobiles right now.

The article doesn't link the two, but is this related to Toyota appearing in Forza, i.e. has there been a change in the relationship between GT and Toyota alongside this new relationship with Mazda?

I'm not surprised that GT Sport is having a more active release schedule at the moment. With Christmas on the horizon I think these little slip-ups are a wonderful way of increasing the incoming revenue for PD and Sony.

I'm not complaining! The recent news is the stuff of dreams!

Mazda has plenty of great real cars to include in the game instead of the Vision GT junk.
It's not a Vision GT.
The article doesn't link the two, but is this related to Toyota appearing in Forza, i.e. has there been a change in the relationship between GT and Toyota alongside this new relationship with Mazda?
No. Toyota is still a sponsor of the Michelin FIA-Certified GT Sport Online Championship.

To be fair Mazda actually needs the push :lol:

Agreed. I don't really focus on the street cars (N classes) in GT Sport, but in the Gr. 1-4 race classes, Mazda is an afterthought. The Atenza is not what I think of when I think of a Mazda race car. PD's idea to make the Gr. 3 Atenza into a "silhouette" car (production shell onto a racing chassis) works in theory, but the BoP is skewed toward excess power (which recent Mazdas are not known for), but they are hideously overweight in the game. Polyphony should adjust the Atenza Gr. 3 car for less weight & power & the Gr. 4 car should be a Miata on steroids (like the 350 HP Toyota 86), but still weigh less that the other cars in the class. And somewhere else I mentioned a lack of vintage FD RX-7 Gr. 2 representation.

Mazda has plenty of great real cars to include in the game instead of the Vision GT junk.

Even if this is based on a vision GT concept, it'll still be listed as a Gr. 3 race car. Most of us will appreciate that over a Gr. X car that may only be in the game for offline events & photo mode.

Wait...so does this mean Mazda will go the way of Toyota and completely become exclusive to only Gran turismo?

That would be terrible if Mazda is no longer in Forza/Need for Speed etc etc...

Not a Vision GT. ;)

I said "even if", meaning that no matter the source of the car, it's more important to know what division the car in the game will be listed in. 👍

There never was a GT500 RX-7 tho

Well, PD has been loose with the rules. They could widen the GT300 body out a little & pump up the power. Boom, instant Gr. 2 car for the game. Notice my rant above about the Mazda Gr. 3 entry. That car doesn't exist in any race series on the planet, but PD had to come up with something.

Latest Posts

Back