Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

JUst did an N200 race in the Clio V6. Many people bagging GTsS as not being a true/complete GT. I mean, in that race, I had F50, GTO, both Countachs, E92, TVR, GT40, Z8, Miura, X-BOW, A45. Can't get any more GT than that! I want more race cars in the game too, but man, this game is awesome! I'll add E30, the Alfa TZ2, Aston DB3, Porsche 356.

I said there was something, something special, about this particular update. It's made the game feel more like a normal GT game. Put the flaws to the side for a second... someone buying the game today, would think it's Christmas. Many cars fans of the franchise wanted since GT3, are in the game now: Porsche, Ferrari, Pantera. This is good.

25fGranTurismoSPORT2019.png

edbGranTurismoSPORT2019.png

8c9GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

Man, i have some Forza friends that are legit envy of GT Sport constant free updates, i'm glad we're not in that spot

There is always spot for critiques but still i think this update is very nice, the Clio V6 plus X2019 are so nice and having a track with many layouts rocks!

Gets me excited for July honestly
Not to derail the thread, but nowadays if you look at Forza, it is now adding older gen cars back to the game, following GTSport route. Not to say its a bad thing, should've celebrated really.

Day 2 daily replays:

Unless you are someone who preorders everything, it was pretty easy to get information about what was in the game and what wasn't.

The game can seem incomplete to an individual, but as a game in itself, it's not incomplete if it launches on the PS4 and can be played. It just is what it is. And what it is is either worth your hard-earned money or it is not.

I, myself, bought it after GT League was published, because I didn't want to spend money on it with the limited single player content. I ended up playing more sport mode and lobby racing than single player and I would still be happy about what I initially got for my 30€.

I'm not really interested in any of the current update's contents, but I'm quite happy about the game being treated with a "game as a service" approach at no additional cost.

I have never fully understood this point of view - because the game included a custom race creator. Every circuit with every car was available, with variations of fuel, tyres and competitors. What this needed was the ability to save and share events (possibly like Driveclub?) There was also a quick race feature.

Found a comment I wrote way back So uhh..

At launch, GT Sport felt like a complete game to me - Sport mode, a huge single player, Livery editor and Scapes all have provided hours and hours of enjoyment. I would have preferred more tracks from the beginning, but I am please because several great tracks have been added since. The car count did feel small - but I doubt I have regularly used more than 50 cars even now!

As for this update, then new tracks are awesome. Simple to learn, but challenging to master.

Last edited:
Sardegna C is great, but very short. Hopefully it actually gets used for something other than one make races in sport mode.

Sardegna B is very good also, but Sardegna A is pretty underwhelming. Too many tight corners.

I havent done sardegna yet because I do the arcade races to get a feel for the track.

However I did the Kyoto Kiwami Yamigiwa Nakatomi combined race and lets just say the competition wasnt slow.

I used the R18 Hybrid and the Tomahawk Gr1 wasnt easy to chase down.

Got 'em in the end though... hard to beat hybrid power.

This isn't F1, people can pass at Brands Hatch and Willow Springs in the game. There are also plenty of tracks with tight corners already in GT Sport, you don't need them at every track.

I understand where you are coming from, but those tracks, as well as Autopolis and Suzuka are some of my least favourite tracks in Sport Mode. This might be to a lack of race craft in the lowish lobbies I get matched into. I find that it is fairly straightforward to keep other racers from overtaking me - leading to them (sometimes getting frustrated?) and forcing themselves past in an unsportsmanlike manner.

I enjoy these tracks when racing against similarly clean racers, or for hot lapping

My 2 cents on the update:

Lack of rain is disappointing. More from a photomode point of view personally because from the World Tour footage it just seems like a simple grip reduction like in previous games. No puddles, no aquaplaning and windscreen rain effects are still last gen. So no big loss, but PD really should communicate clearly. I think we are all expecting rain to come this update and it's always a bigger disappointment when you expect something and it didn't come, than if you know it's been delayed. Communicate PD, communicate. It's 2019 for crying out loud.

Moving on to more positive things, Sardegna road course is a BLAST! I was quite ambivalent initially because the last time we have one location spliced into 6 tracks (St Croix), it was a totally uninspiring to drive. Not so with this one. Despite being the same location, each layout has its own "character" that is completely different from one another. C is great for lower powered N cars - the esses can be very tricky with low grip and the last hairpin reminds me a lot of COTA's first turn. B reminds me a lot of Estoril - very tight and technical with hairpins and blind sweepers. I see they brought back Cape Ring/Istanbul style 4 apex corner, but this time with added elevation change :scared: Also the last corner is deceptively tricky - I can understand why it was a decider in the World Tour! Layout A though is by far my favourite. This is what St Croix C should have been. A perfect mix of race circuit and normal roads, but unlike St Croix the progression feels natural. The back half reminds me a lot of the Highlands track in Assetto Corsa and some parts of TT IOM course. Fast, narrow, lots of undulation punctuated by 3 tight corners that are each slightly different in profiles. It's a blast to drive with high downforce cars. The last corner is also a test of bravery - you can enter much faster than it looks. Absolutely epic and well done PD 👍 I definitely rank this as one of their best fictional tracks, up there with Trial Mountain, Grindelwald and El Capitan in terms of flow and driving enjoyment.

Haven't had a chance to test drive the cars except for the X2019 to compare it to the old one. It has more power, same weight and much less downforce. Straight away the sound is incredible, no doubt helped by that 20,000 rpm. In the corners though it's an understeering mess on entry, with lots of wheelspin on exit. I feel like this would have the same level of performance as the Formula GT, so it's mind boggling to me why PD don't just premiumize that instead so the photomode and livery editor fans have a new canvas to work with. Leave the Red Bull cars as the pinnacle of what single seaters could be. And bring back the Fan Car version while they're at it so the Tomahawk X has some competition.

Other bits and bobs: the ability to finally save leaderboard times as ghost is a welcome and long overdue addition. They still need to add worldwide leaderboards with filters for each country/region though. Manual shift times have been adjusted again, good for parity. Shortcut penalty has also been adjusted, also much welcome and I hope they find a good balance this time.

Not to derail the thread, but nowadays if you look at Forza, it is now adding older gen cars back to the game, following GTSport route. Not to say its a bad thing, should've celebrated really.

While I don't think it's good PR for T10 not to update FM7 with a new track or fix bugs, while their main competitor is still updating theirs. (regardless if it was 'bare bones' to begin). I can't fault FM7s car list, it pretty much covers the history of Motorsports, and not sure GTS can still match it.
I've played both series for many years and 'Free Play' with FM7s car list is a dream come true for me. But T10 could do so much more with their assets, as it is, all the ingredients are there (Although the lack of dirt tracks is a massive oversight when you have so many classic rally cars and trophy trucks) but it's down to the player to put them together.

Last edited:
I have never fully understood this point of view - because the game included a custom race creator. Every circuit with every car was available, with variations of fuel, tyres and competitors. What this needed was the ability to save and share events (possibly like Driveclub?) There was also a quick race feature.

Found a comment I wrote way back So uhh..

At launch, GT Sport felt like a complete game to me - Sport mode, a huge single player, Livery editor and Scapes all have provided hours and hours of enjoyment. I would have preferred more tracks from the beginning, but I am please because several great tracks have been added since. The car count did feel small - but I doubt I have regularly used more than 50 cars even now!

As for this update, then new tracks are awesome. Simple to learn, but challenging to master.
I'm not quite sure what's difficult to understand about that point. Compared to the PS3 incarnations of GT (excluding Prologue of course), single player content in GT Sport is very limited. The custom racing options in GTS also have some very annoying limitations (not compared to other GT games but to other racing sims).

5 new cars and 6 new track layouts in a free update arent enough for you?
People these days arent happy with anything. Perhaps racing games are not for you?
I never said anywhere i was disapointed. you have missread it if you think that. Racing games is as much for me as anyone. This is not a big update if you campare to what we use to get last year. But don’t get me wrong i am not complaining its in the end free content. I am just waiting for more content to arrive to have more ro explore last year i waited for 4 updates before playing it again. I am here for the cars and tracks. I an huge fan of cars. Fia and that thing i could not care less about

I'm not quite sure what's difficult to understand about that point. Compared to the PS3 incarnations of GT (excluding Prologue of course), single player content in GT Sport is very limited. The custom racing options in GTS also have some very annoying limitations (not compared to other GT games but to other racing sims).

GT Sport at this point actually has more single player content than some previous Gran Turismo titles.

Have you ever considered that you are just one of those people that is never happy about anything?

GT Sport at this point actually has more single player content than some previous Gran Turismo titles.

Have you ever considered that you are just one of those people that is never happy about anything?
Because the single player content is very substandard. It is just silly chase the rabbit nonsense like in GT6.

There is no need to insult me.
Apart from that, as you are missing the context of what I said, this insult is incredibly dumb.
Here my post from before:

Unless you are someone who preorders everything, it was pretty easy to get information about what was in the game and what wasn't.

The game can seem incomplete to an individual, but as a game in itself, it's not incomplete if it launches on the PS4 and can be played. It just is what it is. And what it is is either worth your hard-earned money or it is not.

I, myself, bought it after GT League was published, because I didn't want to spend money on it with the limited single player content. I ended up playing more sport mode and lobby racing than single player and I would still be happy about what I initially got for my 30€.

I'm not really interested in any of the current update's contents, but I'm quite happy about the game being treated with a "game as a service" approach at no additional cost.

MMX
PD messing with us....
7061667314808160256_0.jpg

I know these aren't Midgets, but still. These things are all over Sardegna.
For some reason I feel as though Moto Guzzis were converted to these little "trucks". Or at least sold something like it...

GTAV has been getting free monthly/quarterly updates for 6 years straight.
Yes, but gta is a bit different. They mostly add very overpriced stuff to the game, so you'll be more motivated to buy shark cars. And the updates weren't monthly.
Free DLC funded by non-intrusive microtransactions is the most successful business model. Even GT Sport does it now.
I personally think that PD originally didn't want to add microtransactions, but later on when sony saw the bad sales of the game they forced them use them. But I could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Back