Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

It is. All PS4 games require enough free space to copy the entire game to because... that's exactly what it does. It downloads the update, writes the whole game to the hard drive, patches that with the update and then deletes the old copy of the game.

Is this still the case if one fits the PS4 with an SSD? I understand this system is a good way to avoid fragmentation, but an SSD ought to render that operation unnecessary. Sorry, that was a bit O/T. Haven't had the chance to play 1.4 yet.

I have a problem with my Thrustmaster TGT
the yellow button don't change de ratio front rear...
but if I push on it, I can change options : ESP, brake, %power, ratio.
all other buttons made what they are making for. (the blue the green and the red)
the car : mitsubishi lancer gr3 road car

I have a problem with my Thrustmaster TGT
the yellow button don't change de ratio front rear...
but if I push on it, I can change options : ESP, brake, %power, ratio.
all other buttons made what they are making for. (the blue the green and the red)
the car : mitsubishi lancer gr3 road car
That car is rear-wheel drive.

Wow. Ya gotta love Kaz. They are giving us a ton of content for this game, and ALL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! What other videogame for ANY console do you know of, that is this generous? I honestly can't think of one.

On a side note, let me ask you guys a question.....in your opinion, do you think they will ever stop adding new events to the single player campaign? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the process of completing the leagues and collecting more trophies, but like....I *DO* want to be able to fully complete the game someday lol. I just hate unfinished single player campaigns.

Only negatives about Sardegna are, the B & C circuits being too short(for me). The A layout takes me on a trip around the place. B & C, once I get going, the ride is over. Love the valley part of B. The hills look gigantic. In C, I get that esses in the latter part of the lap and then, shut down for the final turn. It's almost like Eau Rouge. Climbing that crest and speeding off on a long straight- which doesn't happen. The track is up there on my list of favorites though.

Edit: One thing missing...The Ford AU 2000 Falcon XR8 '00. Would be real nice on this circuit.
images
Don't you like the Ford Mustang O5XR8 ?. It would be nice to have the Ford Falcon but we may have to wait until GT7 I think.

I might come back to this game, because my PS4 & GT Sport game is collecting to much dust in the garage.

Wow. Ya gotta love Kaz. They are giving us a ton of content for this game, and ALL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! What other videogame for ANY console do you know of, that is this generous? I honestly can't think of one.

On a side note, let me ask you guys a question.....in your opinion, do you think they will ever stop adding new events to the single player campaign? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the process of completing the leagues and collecting more trophies, but like....I *DO* want to be able to fully complete the game someday lol. I just hate unfinished single player campaigns.
Fortnight, Overwatch, Warframe, Division, DOTA, For Honour, LoL, Rainbow 6 and more too :)

GTAV has been getting free monthly/quarterly updates for 6 years straight.

I haven’t yet tried out Layout B, but from my time on A and C I feel Sardegna really nails the aesthetic, it’s very believable and fun. It feels like what Alsace should have been (which is a major plus in my books). Alsace feels and looks like a country road street circuit but has no connecting roads and the route doesn’t feel like it’d be a real road, especially with all the heavy banking. Sardegna Road is basically that without the hard-to believe aspects.

I really dig it.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Sardegna B feel a bit like Dijon-Prenois? Especially the downhill run through the second sector and the climb back up to the main straight. To say it's a cut-price Catalunya is a joke. The elevation changes prove way more exciting than most current F1 tracks, so I don't mind if Silverstone is put on the back burner for a little bit. I tested all three layouts and all of them were great fun in the vehicles I tested. This track definitely hits the spot, as it isn't ridiculously large or boring.

Also, I think F1 needs to run the X2019 Competition from now on. It has the speed, the sound and the style that F1 sorely lacks these days. Having a V12 that revs to 18,000RPM would please many people, and the lower downforce levels will make the racing more even. A car like this can definitely be built but it probably won't - which is sad because I think the X2019 Competition makes an extremely strong case for the future of F1. But here's what I remembered whilst driving the big Toyota Tundra: GT does a great job of representing vehicles that people ACTUALLY BUY. Yes, hypercars are great but most will never own a Koenigsegg or a McLaren or a Ferrari. However, lots of people will own a big truck, whether it's a Tundra, F-150, Silverado, Ram or a Titan. People love it when their own car is represented in a video game, and that's what Gran Turismo does best. They put in cars that many people have an association with, and that is stronger than the desire to own something you'll never afford.

I bought the Tundra, Clio, AND OF COURSE CAMARO.
LOL.
I managed a few laps on Sardegna B. I like it. Elevation changes are neat, and some very interesting turns to try to figure out.
The Clio is a quite interesting car to drive.
Goodwood was a great addition and this one looks to be pretty darn sweet with all variations.
Good call, PD.

However, lots of people will own a big truck, whether it's a Tundra, F-150, Silverado, Ram or a Titan. People love it when their own car is represented in a video game, and that's what Gran Turismo does best. They put in cars that many people have an association with, and that is stronger than the desire to own something you'll never afford.
I concur. They're probably just being realistic in a way.

It would be really nice if we could actually use those trucks for off-road in the game but that's not the point of GT Sport as it is a racing game, after all.

Which layout of Sard was used in the Nations Finale? Is it safe to assume this is what the Circuit Experience will be based on?

I hate that these updates always occur on days that I have to work. Can't touch this for 9 hours.

Ouch. Thurdays are not ideal for you.

Pretty much all those games @Sander 001 listed. And you can add Crash Team Racing to that list. Might want to look around.

Which layout of Sard was used in the Nations Finale? Is it safe to assume this is what the Circuit Experience will be based on?

I believe it was the A layout if I recall, the others don't have that tower or that bridge section.

Sardegna A is pretty good, especially when driven with lots of downforce. So far I'm not feeling the B configuration, but the C version is cool for road cars.

It seems like the guy hasn't played any other game than GT at all if that's what he thinks. Rofl.

LOL!

Well its fair to say I play hardly any non-racing games other than retro stuff and jrpgs. The current gen AAA stuff I dont bother with. So yeah, definitely out of the loop! I was under the impression that every AAA game was out to nickel and dime you lol.

LOL!

Well its fair to say I play hardly any non-racing games other than retro stuff and jrpgs. The current gen AAA stuff I dont bother with. So yeah, definitely out of the loop! I was under the impression that every AAA game was out to nickel and dime you lol.

Free DLC funded by non-intrusive microtransactions is the most successful business model. Even GT Sport does it now.

Usually games are released complete, updated for free, and then you can pay for DLC which are significant extensions of the game.

GTsport was released uncomplete. Every update is a completing part of the partial content that you purchased at the begining.
Why would we have to pay for the updates ?
If you buy a house and start living in it before it's finished, are you gonna pay everytime workers add a door, a window, paint a wall etc? No.

---
I tried the Gr1 race on sadegna A. Overall I don't really like the track because there is no room around the track itself. It feels like a city track or like alsace.

It's a pity because the corners are nice, the flow is ok and the scenery is nice but the lack off gravel pit, grass etc makes it completely unforgivable when driving with damage ON.

Is it just me or does some of the scenery of the new Sardegna layouts look very similar to El Capitan and La Sierra? Because driving these layouts give me a nostalgia rush.

Same here... That's why I have been going through a bit of old tracks' withdrawal for the past 24h...

Back