Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
According to neogaf user: "The EU beta will start soon, I'm a BT and they said that PD want to have first the GT6 player for testing the game and next all the other so i think that all of you that have subscribed for this beta and have played GT6 are probably invited."

Hopefully it's not the case since I skipped GT6... :lol:

Ugh same. I skipped GT6 because I was hoping for something next-gen, not to mention the disappointment I had with GT5. I played GT4 to death so I'm praying this isn't true!!

My concern as an Australian is that if I get a code, I fear that the Sport Mode events won't line up with my schedule, either being to late or too early in the day.

Edit: Just checked the times. If I want to play Sport Mode on the weekend, I'll need to play between 1 and 4 AM, and for the weekdays, between 3 and 6 AM. So that basically means I can't play.:grumpy:

Last edited:
So they definitely made physics related changes. Maybe its all in the mentioned tire model change. I can't get within 9 seconds of my 8:02 3rd place ring time I did messing around with the Evo last night. Definitely a but less grip and the car feels a bit looser too.

Probably need to wipe the qualifying times.

So they definitely made physics related changes. Maybe its all in the mentioned tire model change. I can't get eithin 9 seconds of my 8:02 3rd place ring time I did messing around with the Evi last night. Definitely a but less grip and the car feels a bit looser too.
What is your settings to do a lap that fast???

My reaction when, Northern Isle has crashes at every turn...
axjiJH.gif

Don't know if I played with any of y'all tonight at the Isle. If so forgive me. Still getting use to the new wheel. First day of online runs for me.

My reaction when, Northern Isle has crashes at every turn...View attachment 640625

Tonight's races was the roughest I seen so far. I was listening on your Twitch channel on the last 2 races we were roomed in. Luckily managed to improved my SR in all three of the oval races.

Big problems I'm seeing is people having a hard time with the banking making them spin after a crash.

It was Northern Isle (Last one of the night)

That was a better night than tonight, walled on the last corner while leading in race one, nice move with no apology, second race third place decided I looked good against the wall also, third race someone decided to drive up in front of the leaders from the infield on the last lap. All of which makes me remember why online in GT was so much fun :rolleyes: if you weren't with friends.

So they definitely made physics related changes. Maybe its all in the mentioned tire model change. I can't get within 9 seconds of my 8:02 3rd place ring time I did messing around with the Evo last night. Definitely a but less grip and the car feels a bit looser too.

Probably need to wipe the qualifying times.
I noticed that as well. I had much difficulty trying to get within .5 of my Tokyo qualifying time. However I managed to go .1 quicker on Northern Isle (and it seems most of the top times improved as well)

Hopefully this was the last day of Gr 3 at Northern Isle. I hate that track (not totally because I don't have a Mercedes AMG GT3 or anything...).

Hopefully this was the last day of Gr 3 at Northern Isle. I hate that track (not totally because I don't have a Mercedes AMG GT3 or anything...).

I've got 2nd once with the Aston Martin. First was the Volkswagon.

I hate the people who don't know how to drive on that track.

I would of had 2nd twice if some guy wasn't doing cookies in the middle of the road instead.

Tonight's races was the roughest I seen so far. I was listening on your Twitch channel on the last 2 races we were roomed in. Luckily managed to improved my SR in all three of the oval races.

Big problems I'm seeing is people having a hard time with the banking making them spin after a crash.
I did one race there. I swear I touched a wall 2 times and lost 2 SR. Forget it!

I was passing people like crazy the whole race but they were apparently lapped traffic. I was in like 10th, pretended I was winning.

The real reason to hate Northern Isle Speedway using Gr. 3 cars is that you'll be doing nothing but turning left with them and considering they're the most advanced race cars in the game, you will want to use them in a complex track.

So does the beta end for US testers once it opens for EU? Or will they do both? And if they do both, is it going to be separate regional tests or will everybody be pooled together?

What is your settings to do a lap that fast???
I don't have the settings in front of me but I didn't change much as I haven't had much time to play with tuning. The car is quite fast as is. I think camber increased ~3.0, change to the fully adjustable LSD. Although the new tire model probably needs a different setup from what I had anyway.

I noticed that as well. I had much difficulty trying to get within .5 of my Tokyo qualifying time. However I managed to go .1 quicker on Northern Isle (and it seems most of the top times improved as well)

I saw that too, seems like the race hards are small bit slower on Gr4 cars, maybe tiny bit faster for Gr3. The sports hards seem noticably slower on the N300 cars. Will be interesting to see if different cars rise up on some tracks, after the times are reset.

Glad to EU invites finally going out!

Back