Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
I don't remember US beta having such a hard start!? Still have to enter a single race at this time...
Well facts say GT is bigger in EU than USA, that's probably why. :sly: Nah idk.

Do I need PS Plus to race?
No. I haven't had PS+ for quite some time, but I still enjoyed racing at Brands with some guys.

ridiculous might be beta but surely gave enough bandwidth NE-210003ED then 0XFFFFFBFF was same with first race and how come some are racing in faster cars sls amg, gtr's etc and I get ford focus??

Anyone else notice time changing of race was 17:00 then 17:20 now 17:40 this could be a long night

ridiculous might be beta but surely gave enough bandwidth NE-210003ED then 0XFFFFFBFF was same with first race and how come some are racing in faster cars sls amg, gtr's etc and I get ford focus??

Anyone else notice time changing of race was 17:00 then 17:20 now 17:40 this could be a long night
Not that long, after two restart the event just closes, as it happened with the first one.

Well servers appear to be back, 5mins till race start, If it actually starts from the look of this thread I don't have many hopes for it actually working.

I played a race, got kicked cause someone bumped on me & then another..Now this. I think nothing is going to change if they not get some dedicated servers! I can see the other players really smooth without lag but the servers are not seem to handle it

If you think for a minute they'll release the game in this unstable state you've got to be kidding me. Why do you think they have the beta test? To stresstest and fix the problems, not to see what's going on and what we do with it. :P

"Oh there's a lot of angry GTPlaneteers because our servers aren't capable. Oh well"

:odd:

Let's just hope when this game is released that their servers will be more reliable than McLaren Honda's engine.
Leave Honda McLaren alone!

05a.jpg

If you think for a minute they'll release the game in this unstable state you've got to be kidding me. Why do you think they have the beta test? To stresstest and fix the problems, not to see what's going on and what we do with it. :P

"Oh there's a lot of angry GTPlaneteers because our servers aren't capable. Oh well"

Things should obviously improve, but it's not like having a beta is some 100% guarantee of a solid final release.

Given the way the modern "AAA" games industry tends to release products with broken, buggy and unstable online components nowadays, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Give it another day or two. I joined the US beta along with the bulk of the playerbase, and the first day was very hit or miss in terms of getting in. I imagine the servers are under their heaviest load now with both EU and NA betas live. Once people start dropping off, it should be come more stable.

What a bad n300 race I had, made a couple of mistake -.- No lag this time, but 3 laps is not enough -.-
Man, it's only 3 laps?

This just isn't cool for an iRacing-like focus. Completely sucks for the cars in the back or those who get bumped around early on.

But their problem is that longer races likely means longer wait times between races. So.....yea, they've got a hell of a job to figure this out.

Man, it's only 3 laps?

This just isn't cool for an iRacing-like focus. Completely sucks for the cars in the back or those who get bumped around early on.

But their problem is that longer races likely means longer wait times between races. So.....yea, they've got a hell of a job to figure this out.
Races are short because GT is (once again) pandering to the casuals. They need to make a really long race intentionally though at some point.

Issue for me is not that the connection fails (it is à beta afterall). It is more the time you need before you van actually start racing in an online race!

Man, it's only 3 laps?

This is a beta. Lengthier races will be a must for those FIA license events and tournaments which are led up to by any legitimate, competitive races.

Pffft let them. It's 100% understandable. Even I had to complain a little.
It is understandable, but would you just look at it?! Some of you people aren't issuing your concerns around any context, aside from the "gimme" mentality

Back