Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
At the end of the access time I always get an error and I can't start the race. How about you guys? Brands event has ended with no chance to take part to the race... :confused: Hope we can start N300 race...

I did a very low 1:40 in the SLS GR4 around Brands. Matching best sectors would make it high 1:39. In AC I do 1:36 in the Cayman GT4 Clubsport. I should be faster than this...

Ping was 125 at first then 114.

Knew the server issues were coming, they sent a lot of EU codes. Hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.

The FFB on my G29 is surprisingly strong, only the tracks are smoother than in AC for example, therefore there arent as many ffb effects.

And to sounds, i have that red GT-R and it sounds absolutely amazing in all views!!

I suggest watching this video about direct drive steering wheels being used in the GT Sport beta. Something is up with how PD configure all of this stuff. I don't speak the language, so I ask anyone with knowledge about steering wheel technology to offer their input or theories and such.

Keep getting those network errors. Is there anything I could try doing to at least get in the race? So far I spent an hour waiting for nothing.

Also that Sony beta community board doesn't work.

Is there anyone that actually has joined and completed a full online race on the EU beta on this fine evening of waiting?

Well happy with my first race, car were moving a bit around with lag but was ok. Started 4th dropped to last because I started on 5th gear and manage to grab 3rd. 18 driver rating, same as first and highest on race

Did some quali laps on all three tracks. Brands 1:38 and that's about 4 secs slower then the fastest in the top 10....Now F1 Bahrein quali.

Dragon trail track also has some bits of Monaco circuit around the pool and the tunnel.

Is there anyone that actually has joined and completed a full online race on the EU beta on this fine evening of waiting?

Yep, on the second attempt. Connection quality was poor though, cars wobbling all over the place. :lol: That may just be down to my slow internet + bad router-to-PS4 signal strength though. Will see if it gets better over time.

Finally managed a race. Pretty straightforward victory, only a couple of people with similar quali times as me in the lobby. My SR increased to 17. One guy went down to 4.

Well happy with my first race, car were moving a bit around with lag but was ok. Started 4th dropped to last because I started on 5th gear and manage to grab 3rd.
Just wait for things to sink in my friend, I was racing on willow last night and I was amazed how clean and professional everyone was and how smooth everyones car looked driving. It looked as if I was driving in arcade mode. I ping at 12.

I'm just a tad pissed off that I didn't get selected for the Beta:tdown:
Since day one, I have bought every single thing GT, I just wonder
how PD go about the selection process and how many were picked,
but I suppose the information is top secret like the release date :crazy:

First race, first place yay ! :)
Was it you who brake checked me on the 4th lap? I came in 2nd. Curious who I raced.

I had a strong lead from the start, but got nervous which is why I lost my position. Me and that guy who ended up winning had a clean fight. He blocked me once and brake checked me once. Other than that, good race.

Uploading it to Youtube. :gtpflag:

Back