Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
You dont think there is a huge difference between a force feedback wheel that compites with the g29 (in terms of ffb) and the DS4? I disagree completely.
The beers... how did I do that?! Sorry. You're right.

Yes and No! I have played Dirt Rally with a controller and it is much much better than GT Sport's. I agree that Gran Turismo used to have great controller support but with GTS they seen to complete have missed the point. It feels numb and there isn't almost any feedback to the player. Understeer and oversteer are almost none existant in controller feedback. I went back to Dirt and the difference was directly obvious. Both games are played with no aids.

I found it all to have a very strange feeling. A semi fixed 3th person view and physics are sluggish and unresponsive. At least for the slower N300 I found that particulary noticable. The racecar seems to handle better but also here I simply miss feedback. Brakingpoints, acceleration, cornering have all their issues when playing with the DS4. It doesn't give the player a lot of confidence while playing. Dirt Rally feels more planted and in touch with the underground you are on.

I think I need to invest a bit more time in GTS to see if this feeling fades after more play but I ain't very motivated :embarrassed:
I heard different from a buddy. He's enjoying using the ds4 controller.
As I own Dirt Rally (never played it with a controller) ill compare that when I started the beta the first time this afternoon. :)

Edit: 900hp+ mod service. I like that, Lightning McQueen (whoever you are)!! ;)

Last edited:
I managed only a 1:36.6XX with the 4C stock setup using DS4 with quite a few mistakes so I think if I can get a more tidy lap in then maybe get into 1:35's. I think if I had a wheel to use, probably could do times in 1:34's. Big unknown for me is how much one can improve from default setup.
Can you share this lap? I just can't go below 1:38. Maybe I can see where I can step up more. You can send video on PM if You don't want to mess with NDA.

Alternatively you can go to the online events and enter the qualifier; unlimited hot lapping there.:) (restricted to the applicable cars however)

Are you time registrating when you're doing hot lapping ? Mine arent and milage neither. For today, Had no trouble yesterday but noon of my time registered today for some reason -.-

Are you time registrating when you're doing hot lapping ? Mine arent and milage neither. For today, Had no trouble yesterday but noon of my time registered today for some reason -.-

Improved lap times where indeed taken into account; also got daily marathon free car doing this this morning. By the way Daily Hours schedule have been adapted (extended) starting 12:00 - 15:00 UTC for today.

For anyone who's got the Corvette as their Gr. 4 car, I can record a lap or two including the setup I made for the car. Managed to get a 1:37.0xx, however, the "data logger" calculated a possible best lap of 1:36.6xx.

Improved lap times where indeed taken into account; also got daily marathon free car doing this this morning. By the way Daily Hours schedule have been adapted (extended) starting 12:00 - 15:00 UTC for today.
ah well bug report incoming I guess then lol, not sure whats wrong with my game.

For anyone who's got the Corvette as their Gr. 4 car, I can record a lap or two including the setup I made for the car. Managed to get a 1:37.0xx, however, the "data logger" calculated a possible best lap of 1:36.6xx.

I've been lumped with the Corvette as well, I know all the cars have been tinkered with to make them all "equal" but it seems to be one of the slower cars.
I've managed a 1.37.1XX with some time to come, I'm on a DS4 with automatic transmission (I can't for the life of me race manual on a controller).
What setup on the car have you been using?

I've been lumped with the Corvette as well, I know all the cars have been tinkered with to make them all "equal" but it seems to be one of the slower cars.
I've managed a 1.37.1XX with some time to come, I'm on a DS4 with automatic transmission (I can't for the life of me race manual on a controller).
What setup on the car have you been using?
I'm on a DS4 aswell, however I use manual transmission. At the moment I can't show you the setup, I'm away at the moment. But as soon as I'm back again, I quickly do the video and I'll upload it to YouTube. :)

I simply cant deal with the DS4, I dont think. Or maybe it's just how the RWD cars are(haven't tried any FWD/AWD yet).

I just tried the Brands Event quali trial with the Merc GT3, and while my optimal laptime was 1:37.3, the best actual lap I could manage was 1:38.6 and out of 16 laps, I only succeeded in getting under 1:40 *twice*. I cant find any consistency whatsoever. Each time I come to a corner thinking I've got it down, I mess it up somehow. Like, the inputs just dont feel predictable.

I'll try with my T300 in a little bit and hopefully that solves it, cuz otherwise, I dont really think this is gonna be something I'll enjoy doing online.

2.3.500 on Dragoon [Lancer] and 41.6 on Lagoon [WRX]. Both tracks are great for hot-lapping. Spyro looks clearly unfinished and the those are some big 🤬 curbs :eek:

Sub 2 minutes on Dragon is possible. (in a Lancer)

That curbs man... they bother me in a weird psychological way...they disturb me (non pun intended) :lol:

I mean are we suppose to drive over them with 4 wheels ? In Lancer you can but with RWD it's not going to happen.

The Lagoon I like A LOT. I like how it looks and feels. The slow corner could be a problem in public racing.

But honestly what oval is not a crash fest if people are not careful ? You really have to wait for a good window to not create a huge pileup both in real life and in racing games.

So in that matter I don't share the complaints - another lane or even two are useless if someone (most in public lobby) believes each corner is a passing opportunity.

I can understand Tokyo which seems suitable only for N200 class, and duels.

On the Track now for the first Brands Hatch races, see you online guys ! :D

I'm waiting for one too, if you're in my lobby you won't see me unless you lap me.

I cannot get a lap to string together on Brands with the SLS. Thought it was the car until someone in here said they managed a 1:37 or something. I can't crack 1:43 and it feels like if I even consider pushing harder the thing just breaks loose.

Does anyone know how the Gr.4 cars stack up in terms of performance? Looking at the top times on Brands Hatch it looks like the GT-R is the fastest, or at least the easiest to drive fast.

I'm waiting for one too, if you're in my lobby you won't see me unless you lap me.

I cannot get a lap to string together on Brands with the SLS. Thought it was the car until someone in here said they managed a 1:37 or something. I can't crack 1:43 and it feels like if I even consider pushing harder the thing just breaks loose.

I also have the SLS and manage 1:38 but not really more. I am using a DS4 though. Dont have a wheel. But I am only with ABS on, every other assists are off.

Did anyone noticed that chassis rattle/noise is gone? I can't hear it anymore on race cars. Or they lowered the noise? Nevertheless, now you can hear engine notes more clearly and louder, as well as gear changing sounds. And the whine is not that loud as before.

I also have the SLS and manage 1:38 but not really more. I am using a DS4 though. Dont have a wheel. But I am only with ABS on, every other assists are off.
I am also lapping 1:38,2xx on DS4 with SLS. Just finnished my first race with easy win!

Back