Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Let's be honest, after having a competitive race once on Tokyo Expressway, I'm sure everyone wants to do that at some point.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the feeling and there was a time where I would've applauded that. Thing is, what's that going to do to your safety rating? Yeah you temporarily quenched a feeling, but you've also destroyed your SR in the process (which is sensitive enough if you even lightly graze the wall).

I think its best to just avoid certain tracks (or categories) you know will bring about SR destroying races, which is what I've decided to do (That and because I would rather not go back to destroying controllers and or equipment just because someone decided to go Senna on me in Turn 1).

Don't get me wrong, I understand the feeling and there was a time where I would've applauded that. Thing is, what's that going to do to your safety rating? Yeah you temporarily quenched a feeling, but you've also destroyed your SR in the process (which is sensitive enough if you even lightly graze the wall).

I think its best to just avoid certain tracks (or categories) you know will bring about SR destroying races, which is what I've decided to do (That and because I would rather not go back to destroying controllers and or equipment just because someone decided to go Senna on me in Turn 1).

Unfortunately a contact like he done won't destroy his SR, it'll be a -1 that can easily be nullified by driving clean the rest of the race, but it might ruin the other person's SR gain for that race since he probably spun, hit another wall, and if there was an incoming car it might have caused another hit, more wall and so on.

It's just like bumping someone out in Brands Hatch or Willow. The bump will be -1, but the person driving off-track will keep getting penalized.

Haha yeah even pretty close ! and then I watched back again and you were gone! I think taken out by a megan who also hit me before :D
Probably, a Megane was really pushy and annoying. Hahaha. What's your PSN? ^^

*rubs hands* going to have some fun there. I will qualy later. I need a small break from GTS by driving in real life for a while. :lol:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here without a code.:grumpy: Will ANY Australian get a code for the Beta? Hello, we play your games too PD. I put my name down right at the start and I'm wondering if I should've bothered. Yet there's nothing to say that people from AUS/NZ won't be able to play the EU Beta. I know we are in the minority but surely that isn't enough of a reason to not send out codes... Come on man, I don't want to wait until the release date.
Me too mate, I'm totally with you on that. I'm from Denmark, I have played every game in the serie. I don't think I will get a code at all. I was just being honest and picked GT4 as my favorite, although I have been playing GT6 the most. Come on PD, at least send a code out to all of us who have signed up, otherwise, what's the point?

What? I think it looks great. Are we talking about the same game here?! GT Sport has so much more detail than Forza 6 or AC.
I agree. Some of the dark trees on the rhs looks weird some places but I think it mostly looks good.

Me too mate, I'm totally with you on that. I'm from Denmark, I have played every game in the serie. I don't think I will get a code at all. I was just being honest and picked GT4 as my favorite, although I have been playing GT6 the most. Come on PD, at least send a code out to all of us who have signed up, otherwise, what's the point?

I hope they send another wave out and everyone from here gets to play it soon 👍

What? I think it looks great. Are we talking about the same game here?! GT Sport has so much more detail than Forza 6 or AC.
You need glasses. Look at the surroundings. It isn't finished. At all. It's my favourite track and I was looking forward to this.:grumpy:

After the rough start yesterday I think PD will want to upgrade their servers before they expand the beta even more.

Back