Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Did a couple of practice laps on the Nordschleife. Ran the GT-R on a standard setup.

IMG_20170416_204747.jpg

Did we lost the suspensions noises ?! Anyone notice that ?
Your not the only one, i remember noticing it when i was driving on NIS after lifting the throttle while turning. There used to be a rattling noise which i found to be a nice detail but for some reason it's gone.
Nope. Entered without issues

Edit: I did find this though....

View attachment 641582

JUST KIDDING!! Hahaha. How many did I fool? (Used snapchat to edit. Lol)
The last time i did this was during July 2015 when i photoshopped the GT6 site page to look as if Course Maker (Track Path Editor) got released. Guess what? I got a 5 point warning that to this day didn't go away and made me feel ashamed & regret.

I can believe how poor the Nordschleife looks in GTS. :yuck:.

I think its the lighting which is a little strange, I think anyways that GTS looks the best in cloudy weather, it looks most realistic, same was in GT5 and GT6, the Ring looked so much better in grey cloudy weather than in the sunshine, I dont know exactly wha it is, but it looks unnatural.

If already asked/answered my apologies for not searching

When you decided to enter a race you can do qualify racing for 15 minutes. In the middle of the screen just under that already annoying TAG Heuer timer you get an extra count down timer. Hopefully it is possible to erase this extra timer somehow? Can any one confirm this TAG Heuer and countdown timer is only for demo/beta purposes?

Overall very satisfied with this Beta though 👍

I think its the lighting which is a little strange, I think anyways that GTS looks the best in cloudy weather, it looks most realistic, same was in GT5 and GT6, the Ring looked so much better in grey cloudy weather than in the sunshine, I dont know exactly wha it is, but it looks unnatural.

No, the problem is that it is natural. The current race of the Nürburgring is in clear time and at noon, it is precisely the conditions that every photographer flees because the reality in those conditions has a flat aspect with harsh shadows that worse everything.

The same happens in other games as Driveclub, under midday sun has a much less attractive graphic appearance

So risk him hitting me again and possibly do the same to others without learning his lesson? Alright , I will keep that in mind.
I give them the 3 strike rule before I turn off my nice guy mode.
I'm not that worried about losing a few SR points. I'll make it back somewhere. Also since I'm not the best driver I'm not in a rush to get to C class where I believe they have no ghosting. Besides it's not like the stats are going to transfer over.

I do hope we get some kinda bonus or car or something for participating in the beta.

Is it just me or is the RS01 awfully twitchy, or am I just bad or not adjusted to the faster cars yet.
EDIT: Probably just a bad tune, which i'm just bad at making either way

Is it just me or is the RS01 awfully twitchy, or am I just bad or not adjusted to the faster cars yet.
EDIT: Probably just a bad tune, which i'm just bad at making either way
Just gave it a second, lacks front end grip in the standard setup IMO.

They did a great job with the sound update the cars crack and pop a lot more, you can even hear it from the interior view now. What they killed me on is taking away the chassis noise it sounded great before.

Yeah, I wonder if it's a bug, the chassis / suspension rattle is completely absent now. :\ Wonder if we should report it as a bug issue lol.

If already asked/answered my apologies for not searching

When you decided to enter a race you can do qualify racing for 15 minutes. In the middle of the screen just under that already annoying TAG Heuer timer you get an extra count down timer. Hopefully it is possible to erase this extra timer somehow? Can any one confirm this TAG Heuer and countdown timer is only for demo/beta purposes?

Overall very satisfied with this Beta though 👍
I'm kind of hoping that in the final version the layout of the HUD can be edited.
I would like to turn everything off except the radar.

So risk him hitting me again and possibly do the same to others without learning his lesson?

No - if you can't get past them cleanly, let them have the position. They beat you in one race - in the long run, 5 10 or 20 races later, they're still crashing and finishing worse, you're racing clean and finishing better. And when SR takes full effect, you won't even have to race against people like that at all.

Deliberately racing dirty, whether you're a victim of it or not, helps no one.

Hey guys, Do you have any problem with g29 brake pedal? I need to push it VERY HARD to get 100% braking bar filled. Tested also with AC and seems fine. Tomorrow I'll try with GT6 and PJC. I don't understand if it's a calibration problem or the load cell is ****ed. Eventually, where can I buy a new one ?

So I have come to the conclusion that N300 should Formula EVO, Gr. 4 should be Formula GT-R, and Gr. 3 should be Formula Oval.
I've come to the conclusion that it was a better game during the days I couldn't play it than it is now that I can. :lol: At least it looks nice. :ouch:

Hey guys, Do you have any problem with g29 brake pedal? I need to push it VERY HARD to get 100% braking bar filled. Tested also with AC and seems fine. Tomorrow I'll try with GT6 and PJC. I don't understand if it's a calibration problem or the load cell is ****ed. Eventually, where can I buy a new one ?

I have to stand on it as well. It is fine in AC and Pro Cars. It's just a GT thing.

Quick impressions of the beta;

I'm enjoying it so far. Some of the cars sounds pretty good, though some of them still need work (looking at the Focus ST).

The tracks are also good, though some of them do need to be finished off. Dragontrail looks kinda empty, and Nurb has some rather visible tree walls in places. Not nice.

Other than that, keep it going, PD.

we need to start a list of drivers to avoid ..... most of us are trying to have clean races and move into the competitive classes .... so many folks in these races think they are playing GTA or something ..... seriously, kids, ramming someone off the road to score 12th instead of 13th? .... you're playing the wrong game

I have this issue also with the G29.. I just press harder on the brake pedal to compensate! but I fear after a week of it I will have a left leg calf muscle like a bodybuilder and a not so toned right calf :lol:

we need to start a list of drivers to avoid ..... most of us are trying to have clean races and move into the competitive classes .... so many folks in these races think they are playing GTA or something ..... seriously, kids, ramming someone off the road to score 12th instead of 13th? .... you're playing the wrong game

Maybe PD could and should find a way to make the crash kids stop playing like X number of collisions in X number of races and your car ghosts and brakes fail into the first corner to teach a lesson ;)

I don't think most do it on purpose.

At both races I started first at Dragon Tail I got hit by the storming Evo in my humble TT S. The first race I got sent to the sand and hit the wall and fell to 12th. I made my way back to 4th then hit a spinning car in the marina bumps and fell to 8th, and climbed back to 6th on the final lap.
Second race I got hit more lightly (thanks whoever braked behind :D) and fell to 4th but went back to 1st at the same lap.

What I see is just the psychological effect that when you see a car going fast, you try to push yourself to the same beat, but if (and most likely aren't) you are not used to the different braking point that comes with it you end up missing the curve or misjudging the distance between cars.

I have this issue also with the G29.. I just press harder on the brake pedal to compensate! but I fear after a week of it I will have a left leg calf muscle like a bodybuilder and a not so toned right calf :lol:

My G27 is inoperant so I can't test, but they changed/removed their pedal calibration? Sucks.

the G29 uses a potentiometer, not a load cell

if you plug the wheel and pedals into a PC, and run the software, you should be able to 'train' it to report 100% braking at the pressure you prefer .... then going back to the PS4 and GTS, see if it feels like the calibration feels better

I don't think most do it on purpose.....

a lot of them are doing it on purpose, most likely because they don't know any better .... have never actually understood real world motorsport, and the way good drivers move next to each other

don't get me wrong, once i got up a little in SR, i have had some guys next to me, battling back & forth, in races who i wanted to message afterwards, and say "cheers, mate, great driving, respect!"

that's gratifying, and encourging, that if i hang in there, and take my lumps from the dolts, .... in the long run, we'll get to some actual racing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally figured out why the Lancer fills the leaderboards...
The BoP isn't very "balanced"

And I know some of you may be upset that I used the ghosting to pass a few people, but you got to admit, this was a slick move. 5th to 1st.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that experienced this, this is the reason I've switched to controller for the beta.

Back