Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
I wish they would do more track rotation. Since I don't want to do a week of Track 1, Track 2, Track 3. Then the weekend comes for a new set for Track 1, Track 2, Track 3. Just to have them change again on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.JPG
    IMG_5510.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 97
Could somebody possibly help me? I have applied for the GT Sport beta like 10 times, I still haven't got a key? Has anyone else experienced this but now has the beta key? Help me please, i feel really desperate to race on this game! Everyone has it but me.. Thanks guys if you can help it would be much appreciated. I have checked All my email folders and nothing related to the beta is in there.

Could somebody possibly help me? I have applied for the GT Sport beta like 10 times, I still haven't got a key? Has anyone else experienced this but now has the beta key? Help me please, i feel really desperate to race on this game! Everyone has it but me.. Thanks guys if you can help it would be much appreciated. I have checked All my email folders and nothing related to the beta is in there.

It's a closed beta - necessarily some people who applied would not have been invited into it. If everyone was invited then it would be an open beta. You definitely aren't the only one. But sorry you didn't get access all the same.

I did not get selected. Must be that I haven't contributed enough in the social spaces?

I don't think that is how they chose who got it. I signed up right after it was first announced on this site and was not part of the first wave of people to get an invite. I got an invite a couple weeks later during the much larger, 2nd wave and only played it two or three times.

For reference, I don't contribute in social spaces and have no Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I don't think that is how they chose who got it. I signed up right after it was first announced on this site and was not part of the first wave of people to get an invite. I got an invite a couple weeks later during the much larger, 2nd wave and only played it two or three times.

For reference, I don't contribute in social spaces and have no Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PD may have randomly sent the invite, and there might be quota/limited number of invites available in each phase. I'm surprised that I got it, sent to my email inbox, and I only realized it ( checked and read ) long time after it was sent and I don't even have PS4.

I was being a bit sarcastic. Other video game developers look at things like social influence and following and work with those members of the community. I have gone from GT Fan Boy to meh and the lack of social involvement by the developer is one of the reasons.

PD may have randomly sent the invite, and there might be quota/limited number of invites available in each phase. I'm surprised that I got it, sent to my email inbox, and I only realized it ( checked and read ) long time after it was sent and I don't even have PS4.
Why would you sign up for the beta if you don't have a PS4 and take away a spot from someone who does?

If that's an EU code that you don't want, I'd love to take it off your hand.

I didn't sign up and got an invite. Did he say he signed up? I could have missed that post though. :boggled:

I guess the question is why PD would send imvites to people without PS4s. Figure they would be able to tell.
Are you on the Sony Email list?

If that's an EU code that you don't want, I'd love to take it off your hand.

Sorry, it was US Beta invite, and I never sign up. I don't think the Beta invites is transferable to other account.

Got curious reading so many getting Beta code, I looked into the inbox of the email linked to my PSN, and through all this time, I've been invited :eek: and I never checked :banghead: and yet, no PS4 to play on. Turns out, don't have to have PS4 to get an invite.

View attachment 637849

EDIT : removed the code and the addresses :)

I didn't sign up and got an invite. Did he say he signed up? I could have missed that post though. :boggled:

I guess the question is why PD would send invites to people without PS4s. Figure they would be able to tell.

I don't think PD care so much if you have PS4 or not, some of the invite maybe random and some maybe selected by them ( like the GTA finalists or winners )

Not that I'm aware, but they have my e-mail. I noticed it through PSN notifications.

EDIT:

Just checked, but never received an invite by e-mail.

That's odd, anyone here got the invite sent via both email and notification ?

Last edited:
I didn't have PS4 when I signed for beta, reason for delaying PS4 buying was GTS/GT7 and rumors of "neo", now when "neo" is available only delay was next-gen GT. Why not to try get a code, I got lucky and get a code, nearest PS4 reseller was happy too after that. :lol:
Now happily playing with PS4 Pro ("neo") on games such as Horizon, GTS, Dirt Rally and AC.
Those who didn't get Beta Invite: it's not so huge thing, it's nice looking thing, bit more forgiving tire model (extra layer of softness on rubber coating) and just bit better cleared FFB feedback if comparing to GT6/AC, GT6 has ~10% rougher FFB on canned effects and AC has just minimalistic better adjusting range to get signal out clearly.
Biggest leap on GTS is sounds.

In terms of FFB feedback comparison between those goes GT6 90%, GTS 95%, AC 96%, people might wonder how AC is only 1% better, it's only advantage on FFB is adjusting range of 0-100 with single click increments, if GT6 and GTS had same 100 click range then their FFB could be adjusted on same level or over. This is not comparing settings of cars, just pure FFB comparison how you feel car, PD had this area well handled, only exception is our stupidity multiplied with their lack of information.
Why this, well just yesterday "solved" one old secret of GT series, probably valid from GT5 to modern day, it allows you to feel car wheels in way higher level than I was used, individual wheel movements, all track shapes, bumps and jumps, dips, everything on way higher level, old GT6 RUF Yellowbird became super easy to drive in stock form, even on CH noABS.

Lot of people uses phrases "don't judge game if you don't have proper equipment to run it or you don't have proper settings" when they are defending other titles than GT-series, well I have misjudged GT-series really badly, I haven't run it with proper FFB ever before yesterday, now with proper settings on my Logitech wheel it's just new world.

I didn't have PS4 when I signed for beta, reason for delaying PS4 buying was GTS/GT7 and rumors of "neo", now when "neo" is available only delay was next-gen GT. Why not to try get a code, I got lucky and get a code, nearest PS4 reseller was happy too after that. :lol:
Now happily playing with PS4 Pro ("neo") on games such as Horizon, GTS, Dirt Rally and AC.
Those who didn't get Beta Invite: it's not so huge thing, it's nice looking thing, bit more forgiving tire model (extra layer of softness on rubber coating) and just bit better cleared FFB feedback if comparing to GT6/AC, GT6 has ~10% rougher FFB on canned effects and AC has just minimalistic better adjusting range to get signal out clearly.
Biggest leap on GTS is sounds.

In terms of FFB feedback comparison between those goes GT6 90%, GTS 95%, AC 96%, people might wonder how AC is only 1% better, it's only advantage on FFB is adjusting range of 0-100 with single click increments, if GT6 and GTS had same 100 click range then their FFB could be adjusted on same level or over. This is not comparing settings of cars, just pure FFB comparison how you feel car, PD had this area well handled, only exception is our stupidity multiplied with their lack of information.
Why this, well just yesterday "solved" one old secret of GT series, probably valid from GT5 to modern day, it allows you to feel car wheels in way higher level than I was used, individual wheel movements, all track shapes, bumps and jumps, dips, everything on way higher level, old GT6 RUF Yellowbird became super easy to drive in stock form, even on CH noABS.

Lot of people uses phrases "don't judge game if you don't have proper equipment to run it or you don't have proper settings" when they are defending other titles than GT-series, well I have misjudged GT-series really badly, I haven't run it with proper FFB ever before yesterday, now with proper settings on my Logitech wheel it's just new world.
Complete rubbish, in my opinion of course.

Back