Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
It's not just the beta though. The whole game, I mean an FIA licenced game using an Audi R18 TDI Ultra from 6 Years ago in its LMP class along with a whole load of make believe cars. It's limited from top to bottom. It's terrible.

Well for a start PCars driving and racing is better and has been since PCars came out.

I mean I get that, its just we haven't been given the full car list yet so why cast judgement on the car content yet? There are so many classes showing up in the beta but based on what we have seen so far some classes either have no cars that fit in the category or only one or two are actually in it, and I doubt that will be the case come launch. The make believe cars are again, a GT staple so again that is like complaining about a GT game being just that a GT game. Also you keep saying its limited and as far as saying its limited "top to bottom" but only bring up car content.

I personally think Pcars has the best racing on PS4.....mainly because its about the only racing game that has a decent online system. Driveclub is a more casual wreckfest and assetto's online system on console is very restricted.

I see you have already made up your mind when GT sport was even first annoucned so it may seem to be moot to go through all this and your open to your own opinion, even if I respectfully disagree. I would just hate for you to miss out on what I think many consider is looking like a good GT game so far.

Okay Jordan I see you. Good Luck!

Attachments

• 1490238197532351652655.jpg
    1490238197532351652655.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I mean I get that, its just we haven't been given the full car list yet so why cast judgement on the car content yet? There are so many classes showing up in the beta but based on what we have seen so far some classes either have no cars that fit in the category or only one or two are actually in it, and I doubt that will be the case come launch. The make believe cars are again, a GT staple so again that is like complaining about a GT game being just that a GT game. Also you keep saying its limited and as far as saying its limited "top to bottom" but only bring up car content.

I personally think Pcars has the best racing on PS4.....mainly because its about the only racing game that has a decent online system. Driveclub is a more casual wreckfest and assetto's online system on console is very restricted.

I see you have already made up your mind when GT sport was even first annoucned so it may seem to be moot to go through all this and your open to your own opinion, even if I respectfully disagree. I would just hate for you to miss out on what I think many consider is looking like a good GT game so far.

Because we pretty much know that GT Sport will be made up of mostly fake race cars and the ridiculous GT Vision cars, let's face it that's what GT Sport is all about.

Okay limited as in you can't really play it in single player because there's no career mode.

Yes I did to be honest, look at the beta, the sounds are still crap, damage is still non-existent, cars still sound like two wet cardboard boxes slapping together when cars make contact. Look at any other Beta for any other game, it doesn't change, at least until version 1.09 released 6 months after.

I'd love GT Sport to be the dogs bollocks, I really would but the fact is the slippery slope after GT4 hasn't stopped sliding PD's ass down that piste and PD can't do anything about it

@JDmsz

Good racing! Haha, sorry about that love budge in the balcony in the last race. Don't know whether I should stick with the SLS D:

The Beta codes for the EU players should be sent out pretty soon... Hopefully. My guess is that we'll get them tomorrow (Melbourne time) considering that the US has had access to the Beta for a week now. PD better do it soon because they would've been overloaded with requests.

I'm not as hardcore as most of you. I play on a more casual level to have a good time. I am not focused on being the fastest in a TT in the world. That being said, I hope the racing lines (especially the braking markers) make it into the finished product. The flag markers in GTS are ok, but the racing lines were more helpful. Overall, I think the game is a marketed improvement over GT6. The sounds are better. The physics feel more realistic (to me at least). I'm looking forward to career mode on the full release.

Did my first laps for the qualifying event at Willow Springs. I'm seriously amazed at how quick I've gotten up to speed with everything. Sure it helps that like Brands hatch its a track I have plenty of GT6 laps on, but the physics just feel so comfortable and somewhat encouraging enough to keep going.

Aah, the owner of the video is who said that the car doesn't have cockpit view... that's odd. I wonder, why is PD giving unfinished cars to people?

Um actually all the cars have cockpit view that you switch to with L1. Maybe the person didn't know?

Did my first laps for the qualifying event at Willow Springs. I'm seriously amazed at how quick I've gotten up to speed with everything. Sure it helps that like Brands hatch its a track I have plenty of GT6 laps on, but the physics just feel so comfortable and somewhat encouraging enough to keep going.
Man that sounds great, Im so jealous though!

I don't usually follow this forum since it's a literal garbage fire, but with news of the beta being released, I popped in to check what it's like. And I can't not just scroll past the following;
It's not just the beta though. The whole game, I mean an FIA licenced game using an Audi R18 TDI Ultra from 6 Years ago in its LMP class along with a whole load of make believe cars. It's limited from top to bottom. It's terrible.

Well for a start PCars driving and racing is better and has been since PCars came out.
Can you tell me where and how you know what the car list for the full game will be? We aren't even close to this game being released and you're making that assumption already? Good job. Oh, and Project CARS also has these "make believe" cars that you speak of, especially in the LMP1 and LMP2 categories.

I will give you that Project CARS has much more intense and harder races than GT, but at least in GT you don't get punted off at first chance by the AI.

Because we pretty much know that GT Sport will be made up of mostly fake race cars and the ridiculous GT Vision cars, let's face it that's what GT Sport is all about.

Okay limited as in you can't really play it in single player because there's no career mode.

Yes I did to be honest, look at the beta, the sounds are still crap, damage is still non-existent, cars still sound like two wet cardboard boxes slapping together when cars make contact. Look at any other Beta for any other game, it doesn't change, at least until version 1.09 released 6 months after.

I'd love GT Sport to be the dogs bollocks, I really would but the fact is the slippery slope after GT4 hasn't stopped sliding PD's ass down that piste and PD can't do anything about it
Once again, Project CARS also has these "fake race cars". As for the Vision GT cars, the majority of them are far from "ridiculous". And that's not at all what GT Sport is about, in the slightest.

It's a beta. According to people who have the beta, there is a campaign/single player mode, but there is no way to access it, as this is a beta.

You obviously haven't looked at the beta much because you'd realise that the sounds are much improved, sure, some are still lacking, but in the grand scheme of things, they've improved across the board. And Damage, from what I've read, is not turned on for the beta, and as for the collision noises, yeah, I will completely agree, they definitely aren't up to standard yet.

All this really makes me doubt that you want GT Sport to be the best it can be, given you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that this is a closed, limited beta.

Except that doesn't happen at the first chance.

Don't complain about a 'literal garbage fire' while throwing a tyre on it yourself.
Really? Because I find it hard to have a race on Project CARS without the AI making a mad swerve mid corner, or sometimes on a straight. I'm not hating on Project CARS one bit, it's my racing game of choice, but that is a flaw that many people have with the game.

I don't usually follow this forum since it's a literal garbage fire, but with news of the beta being released, I popped in to check what it's like. And I can't not just scroll past the following;

Can you tell me where and how you know what the car list for the full game will be? We aren't even close to this game being released and you're making that assumption already? Good job. Oh, and Project CARS also has these "make believe" cars that you speak of, especially in the LMP1 and LMP2 categories.

I will give you that Project CARS has much more intense and harder races than GT, but at least in GT you don't get punted off at first chance by the AI.

Once again, Project CARS also has these "fake race cars". As for the Vision GT cars, the majority of them are far from "ridiculous". And that's not at all what GT Sport is about, in the slightest.

It's a beta. According to people who have the beta, there is a campaign/single player mode, but there is no way to access it, as this is a beta.

You obviously haven't looked at the beta much because you'd realise that the sounds are much improved, sure, some are still lacking, but in the grand scheme of things, they've improved across the board. And Damage, from what I've read, is not turned on for the beta, and as for the collision noises, yeah, I will completely agree, they definitely aren't up to standard yet.

All this really makes me doubt that you want GT Sport to be the best it can be, given you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that this is a closed, limited beta.

The car list is irrelevant, we know it's 100+ cars and at least half are made up of GT Vision and make believe race cars, that is just fact.

Project cars has "fake" cars yes because at launch they didn't have the Toyota licence which came later in DLC and Porsche was EA exclusive, so cars were made up to fill the gaps. GT on the other hand has a 6 year old Audi to fill the gap among the multitude of fake cars.

I've watched videos of it, a good few of them, it doesn't look good. Would you rather I lied and say it looks amazing to appease the forum?

Oh I do, like I said I've been playing GT since the first one, I'd like nothing more than for it to be a great game. You keep reiterating that it's just a beta, how many beta's do you know that have changed drastically from the beta stage at launch? I'll tell you, absolutely none.

Really? Because I find it hard to have a race on Project CARS without the AI making a mad swerve mid corner, or sometimes on a straight. I'm not hating on Project CARS one bit, it's my racing game of choice, but that is a flaw that many people have with the game.
Take a look at my YouTube channel, plenty of races against the AI without being taken out.

One thing i will say is that a lot of things blamed on the AI are actually driver related, as we don't have a built in spotter function in PCars, as such I would suggest you give Crew Chief a go as you may be surprised at the difference it makes.

The car list is irrelevant, we know it's 100+ cars and at least half are made up of GT Vision and make believe race cars, that is just fact.
If the car list is irrelevant, then why do you keep making a point of it? If it was irrelevant, you wouldn't care about what cars were in the game. As for half the roster being made up by Vision GT cars and "make believe" race cars, that's not "fact" at all.

Project cars has "fake" cars yes because at launch they didn't have the Toyota licence which came later in DLC and Porsche was EA exclusive, so cars were made up to fill the gaps. GT on the other hand has a 6 year old Audi to fill the gap among the multitude of fake cars
So, taking what you've just said, how do you know that the case won't be the same for GT Sport? And just like I've said before, there is nothing to say that PD doesn't come out some time from now to the release date and announces the ha e the latest Audi LMP1 car.
I've watched videos of it, a good few of them, it doesn't look good. Would you rather I lied and say it looks amazing to appease the forum?
If you're opinion is that it looks bad, then I really don't want to know what you think looks horrible. Because from what I've seen, it looks good. Not outstanding like I hoped for, but it is definitely a good baseline.

You keep reiterating that it's just a beta, how many beta's do you know that have changed drastically from the beta stage at launch? I'll tell you, absolutely none.
The simple changes that would elevate this game from good to great in my eyes, wouldn't be drastic at all. Adding the full list of cars and unlocking all the modes and options isn't drastic at all. It's already all there, just locked away from public eye and access.

If the car list is irrelevant, then why do you keep making a point of it? If it was irrelevant, you wouldn't care about what cars were in the game. As for half the roster being made up by Vision GT cars and "make believe" race cars, that's not "fact" at all.

So, taking what you've just said, how do you know that the case won't be the same for GT Sport? And just like I've said before, there is nothing to say that PD doesn't come out some time from now to the release date and announces the ha e the latest Audi LMP1 car.

If you're opinion is that it looks bad, then I really don't want to know what you think looks horrible. Because from what I've seen, it looks good. Not outstanding like I hoped for, but it is definitely a good baseline.

The simple changes that would elevate this game from good to great in my eyes, wouldn't be drastic at all. Adding the full list of cars and unlocking all the modes and options isn't drastic at all. It's already all there, just locked away from public eye and access.

Yes it is fact, go to the confirmed car list thread and have a look for yourself.

You're basing your argument on ifs, buts and maybes. I'll bet my left nut it won't even have the 2013 E-Tron.

Yes it is fact, go to the confirmed car list thread and have a look for yourself.

You're basing your argument on ifs, buts and maybes. I'll bet my left nut it won't even have the 2013 E-Tron.
Firstly, what even is your personal definition of a fake race car? Because something like an Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 in GT Sport, whilst not in real competition as of now (as far as I'm aware of), is a completely conceivable idea for a race car, as it has taken a road car, and made it race ready for GT3. I don't consider that to be a "fake race car".

Firstly, what even is your personal definition of a fake race car? Because something like an Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 in GT Sport, whilst not in real competition as of now (as far as I'm aware of), is a completely conceivable idea for a race car, as it has taken a road car, and made it race ready for GT3. I don't consider that to be a "fake race car".
Actually, noone in their right mind would try to make a four pot competitive in GT3 (it is actually quite likely that the rules prohibit less than six cylinders). The problem with the 4C is that it's too light to get a competitive power output. Sure, throw in 300kg of weight in it and sqeeze in the Ferrari derived v8 from the 8C, but really, who would do that?

Not so sure I'd use that thread as solid basis because that is only what we know at present based on all the various show floor builds and trailer pics, not THE definitive final list. I would hardly call that "fact" when only 90 of the 100 or so cars in that thread are actually confirmed via said sources (and as of the current state of the Beta, the VGT's, even when combined with the various GR.3/GR.4 cars, don't make up half the list).

You are in a very, very small field in this one.

Oh I do, like I said I've been playing GT since the first one, I'd like nothing more than for it to be a great game. You keep reiterating that it's just a beta, how many beta's do you know that have changed drastically from the beta stage at launch? I'll tell you, absolutely none.
As a Sony Beta tester for a decade I can tell you that you are wrong. That doesn't mean the same will happen with GTS, but to claim that no beta has changed dramatically before launch is simply untrue.

Confirmed is not completed.

You're basing your argument on ifs, buts and maybes.
So are you.

Gr.3 isn't GT3 however, its GR.3.

That's one of the issues I have with GTS and the structure, why use 'fantasy' race categories when the FIA already has plenty of them in reality? It just seems an odd choice for me when tie ins to the actual events would be a more logical choice and better for brand recognition.

Personally I don't have an issue with the use of race cars created from real world vehicles, or those created to meet real world regulations, GTS does seem to have a much higher percentage of these (based on what we know so far) than PCars does. However on a personal note the Vision GT cars do nothing at all for me.

Back