Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Stayed up to race Nords... wish I didn't, I was not good. :indiff:

The effect of the draft seems a touch strong, far reaching. I was NOT ready for it :eek:

Agreed...the aero push i suffered tonight was bad. i got a penalty on every race even though I was 1.6 seconds back

Also...I feel really bad for pressuring this guy to screw up. My goal was to sit back and make a move on the final corner (I had the downforce advantage over him):

Last edited:
Stayed up to race Nords... wish I didn't, I was not good. :indiff:

The effect of the draft seems a touch strong, far reaching. I was NOT ready for it :eek:
I never do good with gt3 cars on Nord and that's any game even assetto coarsa.

Not Denying im at fault. but at the same time he was in visible range of me the entire time. my issue with this guy was that instead of being patient enough to hold off (funny thing was this guy tried to take me out the previous race after i made a clean pass on him) he decides to spin me out anyway. heck I'm all for giving a spot up after something like this but how he handled it is whats ticking me off.

Looked to me like you came back on track and swerved all the way from left to right. He'd picked a side, the right, to try and get past you and it was too late for him to back out. He didn't decide anything, you made the choice for him.

Sorry man, but that was all you.

Agreed...the aero push i suffered tonight was bad. i got a penalty on every race even though I was 1.6 seconds back

Also...I feel really bad for pressuring this guy to screw up. My goal was to sit back and make a move on the final corner (I had the downforce advantage over him):

Uh, that's called racing. He screwed up all by himself.

I don't understand these arbitrary rules that people make up for themselves when racing.

I've been away for a while, and it's been exciting to catch-up on all the latest news.
There is so much to say, but I'll limit myself to a few comments.

First, I must eat some humble pie.
I didn't expect to see footage from the beta.
I clearly got that wrong.
Great to see streams being allowed, and I've enjoyed watching them all.

Second, the game looks and sounds great.
Some of the clips are visually unbelievable coming from a console.
The improvement in sound is a great step forward for the game.
And the physics, from what I hear and see, also seems positive.

Third, I note one of the guys on the US forum is saying more invites have recently been sent out.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/GTSport-BETA/td-p/46184129/page/7
To my mind this could signal more time exclusive to US players.
My interpretation of what's been said is that those in Playstation's EU region will be next in line.
I also note that every site on gran-turismo.com in the Asia region hasn't reported on the beta.
As an Aussie (and therefore part of the EU region) this is fortunate and encouraging.
But I'm not sure those in EU should be constantly checking for invites this particular weekend.
Time will tell.

Last, off-topic and more related to forum etiquette, and I'm probably putting my head on a block here.
But I'm finding the copy/paste of posts in multiple threads unnecessary and frustrating.
Please guys, pick a thread.
Duplicate posts are annoying and come across as nothing more than 'like' fishing.

Third, I note one of the guys on the US forum is saying more invites have recently been sent out.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/GTSport-BETA/td-p/46184129/page/7
To my mind this could signal more time exclusive to US players.
My interpretation of what's been said is that those in Playstation's EU region will be next in line.
I also note that every site on gran-turismo.com in the Asia region hasn't reported on the beta.
As an Aussie (and therefore part of the EU region) this is fortunate and encouraging.
But I'm not sure those in EU should be constantly checking for invites this particular weekend.
Time will tell.

So us Europeans are getting bent over again.:banghead:

So us Europeans are getting bent over again.:banghead:
Who knows?
I could easily be proven wrong tomorrow.

It's just my feeling that EU players may need to wait a little longer before invites start to roll out.
I'm also a little nervous that it may only be UK at first, English language playing a role there.
Also sad if Asia doesn't get a run, but again, I could be wrong.
It's all just guess work from me.

All we can do mate is wait and see. 👍

I'm the one getting screwed the most since I live in the middle east. I'm not sure of it counts along with European & Australia or Asia. At least my primary PSN is American and that i also have two secondary accounts from both UK and UAE.

I'm the one getting screwed the most since I live in the middle east. I'm not sure of it counts along with European & Australia or Asia. At least my primary PSN is American and that i also have two secondary accounts from both UK and UAE.
From memory the UAE falls under SCEE.
So when you go to the PS Store it should be the EU store, the same as me.

I don't think we are getting screwed over, even though i realllllly want the beta now.

They explained why it was US first and it makes sense to me. Just have to be patient.

I don't think we are getting screwed over, even though i realllllly want the beta now.

They explained why it was US first and it makes sense to me. Just have to be patient.
Did they? what was the reason?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/09/gran-turismo-sport-announces-closed-beta/

"As with most beta programs, in order for the development team to capture data in an optimal manner, the sample size needs to be increased gradually and in stages. While we begin to roll out the beta, we have decided that the time differences across the U.S. are best matched to the development team in Tokyo."

Obviously for yourself in Australia the time zone would probably be better but Australia gets bunched in with the PAL regions within sony.

Last, off-topic and more related to forum etiquette, and I'm probably putting my head on a block here.
But I'm finding the copy/paste of posts in multiple threads unnecessary and frustrating.
Please guys, pick a thread.
Duplicate posts are annoying and come across as nothing more than 'like' fishing.

You're not alone.

We'all be treating posts that are plastered across numerous threads as what they are: spam.

A question for any beta players here.

Have you had the chance or a chance to drive the Group 3 Mustang? I must know how it drives and handles :D

For anyone that has participated in beta testing (GT or not), are betas typically available until the game releases or do they take the beta down after a certain time period?

For anyone that has participated in beta testing (GT or not), are betas typically available until the game releases or do they take the beta down after a certain time period?
All beta tests that I've been involved with lasted max two weeks.

If anything, I'm impressed with PD's commitment to this decent sized beta. Too often these kind of events last at the longest; a week.

We seem to be looking at extensive testing to actually benefit the launch of the game. After DriveClub's horrendous launch I can only applaud PD and Sony taking the necessary steps to make sure the second online focused racing exclusive from the PlayStation brand hits the ground running.

That alone does mean as an EU player, I'm happy to 'lump it's until the GT team are ready to open the gates.

That first video looks like someone crashed into the other. Second one isn't a GT3 car, hard to tell what happened there as looked like lost control already maybe trying to carry too much speed and overcooked it, could be many factors. Third one doesn't look like a GT3 car, correct me if it is and driver seems to lose it under acceleration on that compression, not braking as it looked controlled and going slowly already for that corner. Looking back at that video as well at another incident, looks like driver carried way too much speed and maybe tried to brake but too late already then or maybe a brake failure before corner.
Most mistakes on there are caused by bad timing on downshift and brake.. Do you know how these videos of wet/moist track spins are related to GTS?

Oh well I got it, mocking bad physics.. Then this should be totally "unrealistic" and not worth of SIM status;

Lol

Last edited:

It depends on what the developer intends to stress test. More often than not there's only one beta period last a few days to a week, but there are a handful of occasions where there are multiple beta periods testing different features or aspects of the game. These tests can last two weeks if not longer.

To directly answer you question beta periods only last for a certain period of time, though there are the rare exceptions that involve prolonged testing like the GT Sport beta appears to be doing.

A question for any beta players here.

Have you had the chance or a chance to drive the Group 3 Mustang? I must know how it drives and handles :D

The mustang is very fast on the straights, but it weighs over 3000lbs so it's a hassle to get it turning. In my opinion it's an ok trade off, but you can get it turning with the throttle because it has a good amount of torque. Also, if you try to coast through a turn you'll just understeer off the track.

Latest Posts

Back