Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Seems more people are receiving codes in the US according to the second Phase. Will there be a third, forth? It may cause a delay for the EU.

How long will the EU have to wait for the Beta, perhaps a week; the US received there codes after a week. If not, since the sign up was very simple could it evolve into a open beta?

Seems more people are receiving codes in the US according to the second Phase. Will there be a third, forth? It may cause a delay for the EU.

How long will the EU have to wait for the Beta, perhaps a week; the US received there codes after a week. If not, since the sign up was very simple could it evolve into a open beta?

I'm guessing the GT Facebook page will pre announce Euro beta like the did US. I'd follow their FB page for their official announcement if you are keen to know as soon as its happening.

I don't know. I don't think that information has been released. We still have the European beta phase as well. We'll just have to wait for an announcement.
Would be nice if it became open beta, then stayed open til the full game launched. In like a month :sly:

Seriously though if they take this away and make us wait more than a few months to have it back that would be sadistic.

Seems like a Richmond International Raceway.
Richard Hammond International Raceway.
1439807786183043944.png

tonight is a real good example of why ghosting should be allowed to an extent... my SR took massive hits in 2 races cause i got punted off by several people who were miles slower but didnt want to move out the way

I risk to become the most boring member of GTPlanet for 2017.:D

Schwedenkreuz
Cars suffer from lift off oversteer in this corner and the lift off happens exactly when the car goes through curb/grass which should make the oversteer even more sharply,but the car remains completely stable.

Braking throughout the whole Fuchsrohre(the last left corner),this should lead to monstrously oversteer but again the car remains completely stable.

Given that the best guess before you gave your explanation was that it had to do with the RPM and the speed, it's sometimes better to be boring than vague ;)

Not my best night and it was made worse by this incident:

This is going to be an apparent issue come release...i can see it happening...

So my take on the races (Excluding Brands Hatch Indy because I missed it :( ):

Northern Isle Speedway: Crazy stuff, really difficult to grasp. I suppose Bristol being one of my worst Nascar tracks doesn't help on a similar oval :lol: Then the good ole' Ping fairy arrived and decided to reenact the Tornado scene from the Wizard of Oz.

Nurburging
: First race was ok apart from a few offs (one caused by a guy who decides to punt me back off after I got back on). Other two races were far better, but I got a corner messed up in each.

Also, great to finally being in the same race as @Wardez (as well as the usual GTP Suspects I was against before :) )

Looking forward to racing you guys again 👍

That just comes with the territory of online gaming. It's like how a stand-up comedian will inevitably be heckled.

I know but at the same time a bit of patience goes a long way... he could have waited for me to regain complete control and then pass me.

also maybe it's just me but the Corvettes were really powerful on this track. the fact that the 2 races i used the car i was making passes left and right and even gaining on 1st

I'm glad that the beta is gaining more and more experienced player. It makes race more exciting for us who still waiting the beta and those who can only watching from the live stream. I really enjoyed the last Daily Races at Nürb for today. 👍

Last edited:
Not my best night and it was made worse by this incident:

This is going to be an apparent issue come release...i can see it happening...

Hmm. You went off (strike 1) and pulled back onto the track immediately (strike 2). I would say you were at fault since the other guy didn't have much time to react without crashing too. Those kinds of incidents are rampant online where you come around a blind curve and whoa there's a car in the middle of the road. For me, the way to remedy these incidents is mandatory heavy damage, but the general consensus seems to be wildly against this notion.

Did he at least make an attempt to slow down? Unsure. So yes, some ghosting should have occurred, but if anyone should lose rating points it should be you. Sorry to be bossy. :)

Last edited:
Whoo, I am so proud of myself. I managed to take a chance with actually doing a setup (something I'm not all that good with to start, much less my first ever on GT Sport), switched TC to 1 and managed to shatter my first Qualifying time for the Nurburgring by 5 seconds :D

Hmm. You went off (strike 1) and pulled back onto the track immediately (strike 2). I would say you were at fault since the other guy didn't have much time to react without crashing too. Those kinds of incidents are rampant online where you come around a blind curve and whoa there's a car in the middle of the road. For me, the way to remedy these incidents is mandatory heavy damage, but the general consensus seems to be wildly against this notion.

Did he at least make an attempt to slow down? Unsure. So yes, some ghosting should have occurred, but if anyone should lose rating points it should be you. Sorry to be bossy. :)

Not Denying im at fault. but at the same time he was in visible range of me the entire time. my issue with this guy was that instead of being patient enough to hold off (funny thing was this guy tried to take me out the previous race after i made a clean pass on him) he decides to spin me out anyway. heck I'm all for giving a spot up after something like this but how he handled it is whats ticking me off.

Back