Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
It will change during the beta
"Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans"

Ok, thanks for the clarification 👍

I agree with you but, why post a trailer that has be already seen 2 or 3 times ago ...

Well, they wait for something big to show new trailer maybe, my guess at E3 or similiar event.

Yeah SOME thats by far not everybody. I woult be more pleased with Porsche as the big news.... a closed beta for few en just US is just another letdown en what aboit a bete is 3months deleay? 2018 release?

...No, there will be betas rolled out to other territories, including EU.

Don't ask me about the release date, though - I'm not a psychic, see.

I don't understand that. You want an online focused game without testing the server at all? This is a good news, because PD might fix all issues and complaints before releasing the game. It is little too late, but better than nothing, lol.

No i dont want online i just want my Porsche GT3 RS hotlapping all the circuits!

To me as fan that is waiting a long time for this game a CLOSED beta not good news because how far is the game now? Not everybody cam test it so i dont see anny great news in this as long waiting fan..... i just want to know when ita finally comming already..... or new cars or brands or track etc

Ray is right.
You all don't know about Phase 2 and of course Phase 3.
Can you confirm if it will eventually be an open beta. I find it difficult to get excited about this news when, at the moment, it's going to be for a limited number of people. This does not benefit the vast majority in any way.

Signed up with both US and EUR accounts. This is so PD style to give us a delayed beta and then make it closed:ouch:. I hope you guys all will get a chance to play!:gtpflag:

I signed up.. but that is so weird it does not ask any info like if you use a controller or a wheel. Figure they would want a mix to test everything out.

I signed up.. but that is so weird it does not ask any info like if you use a controller or a wheel. Figure they would want a mix to test everything out.
I really think this is just to stress test the server side. It's not a beta in the same way as PCars has been a proper alpha and beta test for their two games.

I signed up to the EU beta, the T&C's look very strict, no discussing on forum!

Checked my email inbox nothing as of yet :gtpflag:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/private-beta-trial-agreement/
3. You must keep confidential all information relating to the beta software and the beta. You must not discuss the beta with anyone except us and other people taking part in the beta ("Beta Testers"). In particular, you must not discuss the beta with anyone associated with a competing videogame format or publisher, a news or information service (whether television, magazine, newspaper or otherwise) or in any online forum or chat room, other than our official beta forum. Any codes or passwords which give access to beta software or beta forums are personal to you and must not be shared with anyone else.

I signed up to the EU beta, the T&C's look very strict, no discussing on forum!

Checked my email inbox nothing as of yet :gtpflag:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/private-beta-trial-agreement/
3. You must keep confidential all information relating to the beta software and the beta. You must not discuss the beta with anyone except us and other people taking part in the beta ("Beta Testers"). In particular, you must not discuss the beta with anyone associated with a competing videogame format or publisher, a news or information service (whether television, magazine, newspaper or otherwise) or in any online forum or chat room, other than our official beta forum. Any codes or passwords which give access to beta software or beta forums are personal to you and must not be shared with anyone else.
Haha I knew it was going to include an NDA. :P

Actually, I think the game still far from finished so they need this beta to test the game performance and online capabilities to selected players in each region to make sure the game is ready at launch and not to repeat what they did back at Copper Box event. Other reason is to fullfilled their promise for giving us a beta that supposed to be released last year. A simple quote for this conclusion would be :

"BETTER LATE THAN NEVER"

That's it. Thank you and good night everyone! It's been a week full of surprises here in this forum :D 👍 :gtpflag:

By the way, this "Daily Workout" thing is pretty cool. I hope there will be more daily challenges.
i13di7FMTASOhG.jpg
Maybe they'll have GT Academy style trials.

Back