Gran Turismo Sport Coming to PS4 in Fall 2017

If in real life is fun the in a good simulator (and in a good game) it should be fun too.

Some simulators try to be "real" but they are not fun, sometimes in the physics area, sometimes in the career mode, I agree with you.
You've said this a few times before and passed it of as a fact whilst not really making sense, and the fun was all based on the fact your skills were not good enough to handle the Porsche 911 GT3. So I've no idea why you keep posting this when every time your view has been challenged you have not been able to back it it up with anything of substance.

You mean it's like real life where you can't pick a Honda Civic, spend $500,000 upgrading it and go racing against Veyrons after throwing on F1 qualifying tires? You have to actually pick a car that's homologated for that series? Blasphemy!

But to be honest if you could build your own car for a racing series it would be epic. I wonder when we will see a game where it is possible to take a stock street car and convert it to (insert your preferred racing class). We need a 3d cad:ish functionality in a racing game where we can take some parts and remove/ad and stretch/fit together. The closest game that I know of that would make something like this possible is PC. Because they look like they are straight from a 3d cad program with all important parts constrained against each other making a real 3d object. Would be cool as Fxxk :P

But to be honest stuff like that would not even make it in when games cant even get their lighting effects right, I mean of course that GTS trailer. It looks epic but then when you look a bit closer you notice that the lights are not reflected against the barriers/forest and stuff around car. I mean Quake 2 and games from when 3dfx was around had this, but the new games seems so much poorer fx wise as everything is scripted and not real time it seems. I am so impressed by the new trailer anyhow but even the GT4 trailer looked awesome and yet the game looked like GT3. Oh well..

Last edited:
This turned into another vs thread :irked:
There's been less "VS" topics in this thread, and actually just resembles what they think a match up of features from other games would work well with GTS. That is not the same thing as comparing the two features of one game and dissecting them, to be honest. .

Again, subjective. You have no incentive to keep playing, many others do.

Driveclub marketed itself as a pure arcade racer, nothing more.

I don't consider the physics in it broken at all, just far, far looser that they should be. An exaggeration of reality, the basic rules are still being followed, as can be seen if you run it in hardcore mode, which removes all of the artificial assistance.

And yes I love plenty of titles that fall into that class, DC, Without, the entire Burnout series, older Dirt and CM titles for a short list of examples.
If this is the case, then why GTS so much worse than DriveClub? To the point where you won't buy it? You seem to claim that you like these sorts of games without groundbreaking physics, but for some reason GTS is an exception? Why is that? I'm confused.

There's been less "VS" topics in this thread, and actually just resembles what they think a match up of features from other games would work well with GTS. That is not the same thing as comparing the two features of one game and dissecting them, to be honest. .
He's right, it is turning into a VS thread now.
Please don't start a flame war with me

Please don't start a flame war with me
It's on!
giphy.gif

I'm just kidding.

If this is the case, then why GTS so much worse than DriveClub? To the point where you won't buy it? You seem to claim that you like these sorts of games without groundbreaking physics, but for some reason GTS is an exception? Why is that? I'm confused.
If anything, the way that he's been describing the physics have been far less than groundbreaking.

He's really not, but ok. Saying "This game does this a certain way, I think PD should implement it" in a drawn out discussion is not making it a vs thread. Making a comparison is not the same thing as making it a battle.

I'm not sure why your confused as I've already explained this.

GTS currently doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, as a result it's neither a good sim or a good arcade racer, but stuck someplace in between. It's a balance PD seem to have been headed in for a while, and it's not one I personally find that good. You may love it, but that unfortunately doesn't help me.

The end result is that I just don't find GTS in its current beta build either fun or engaging to drive, however I do find titles as wide as DC and AC fun and engaging to drive for different reasons. It's not a binary choice that because I like x then I have to like y! DC is a great arcade racer, WRC5 was a rubbish arcade racer as another example.

DC has no such issue at all, it makes no pretence that it's an arcade racer.

Oh and I've not said I'm not going to buy it, so please do put words in my mouth. I've said I will buy it for comparison tests and videos, would you like to see a screenshot of the pre-order?

Last edited:
I'm with @Scaff here as I also enjoy both intense 'fast&fun' arcade or realistic handling and physics having driven quite a few cars on tracks (Silverstone/Bedford Autodrome) over the years. I also really enjoyed DC and I enjoy AC for the realism.

I also found myself not even logging in to the beta (I can't put my finger on it) maybe it was just the same tracks and cars but I feel the driving wasn't 'fun' or 'realistic' and sat in the middle. Also my T300 feels like it is going to come off something is flawed with the vibration at centre rotation/FFB..Hopefully as the tracks get more detailed, FFB and physics get tweaked I will enjoy it much more. I will race on it, but not online after the experiences I had (being crashed into if you overtake someone) until the DR/SR is all sorted. I have been hyped for GT for so long now! the excitement of my last November pre-order has now gone and I now look forward to PCars2, Gravel and Forza7 more if I am honest which I never thought I would have said last year.
p.s I will still pre-order the game day one for the excellent full 4k 60fps graphics photomode & scapes :sly: :gtpflag:👍

Last edited:
So....a "Fall release" window, that's September thru to the end of November? Ok, I can live with that. :)

This finally has me excited, as per the interview hosted by GTplanet. Thanks guys.
""KY: Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everthing has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped.""

"Everything has been raised in quality AND there is MORE of it"
This, I hope relates to the 'offline' side of gameplay more than anything else......please please please.......

I have not always held in my thoughts about this new game, often spewing it onto threads in relation to putting the game down.
Maybe it's time I cut them some slack......give KY benefit of doubt and believe once more that they (PD) can rise to the top of the podium yet again. Yeah? :)

Ok, we'll see. Still time to improve what already looks amazing in my eye, time to add more features, more cars etc...
I shall still be awaiting a GOOD revue before I set coin down, but as it stands, I'm close....... ;)

After 2 failed attempts (ok, I know a lot were happy with 5 and 6) I'm ready to enjoy my driving again Kaz. :cheers:

GTS currently doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, as a result it's neither a good sim or a good arcade racer, but stuck someplace in between. It's a balance PD seem to have been headed in for a while, and it's not one I personally find that good. You may love it, but that unfortunately doesn't help me.

The end result is that I just don't find GTS in its current beta build either fun or engaging to drive, however I do find titles as wide as DC and AC fun and engaging to drive for different reasons. It's not a binary choice that because I like x then I have to like y! DC is a great arcade racer, WRC5 was a rubbish arcade racer as another example.

Kaz
We have to experiment and learn what the tendencies of people are in the game by actually watching them play it. But, at the same time, I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a stressful experience for the players. Basically, what the beta is doing is cutting out the Sports mode, so it was surprising to me that players are actually enjoying the experience in playing, because it wasn’t really meant to be “fun”!

Seems like you're on Kaz intended target group of players, lol ;)

Ps. Remember when I said their to watching your playing, which you denied..

Seems like you're on Kaz intended target group of players, lol ;)

Ps. Remember when I said their to watching your playing, which you denied..
As I recall I said they were not watching it in real time (but given that this is a translation, that needs to be taken in that context), and if I am on his target list that would be great, but he's missing the mark by quite a way at the moment.

There is a solution :)
Remember that extra hidden event where you can use any car then the game will automatically picks cars based on the performance of your car with random 5 circuits by turns one by one ?
It was in GT2 & i think it is unlocked after you clear super license :)
If they bring that back with addition that the higher the car performence you pick the more the race will be difficult with higher cash - it'll be excellent ^^
Plus the more sportsmanship points you gain from the race - the better the cash you get with also a random cars card or coupon prize like they did in GT5 ^^
That way it should help you to be entertained on getting cash X)
Thanks to my partying days which lasted around 7000 days and 7001 nights, I only really remember GT1 and GT4. Almost a complete blank regarding GT2 and GT3, I do remember the 2 discs with GT2? and one of the discs was a scratch and sniff. Loved that idea.

Lighting is a way ahead in gts and cars blend better to other graphics, but all those reflections and dynamic water in forza looks great.

Too bad snow has always been rubbish in GT. Its more like ice with no resistance/weight/cave-in. I know as i have some 20 years of experience driving in finland..

I think the problem is mostly in ffb. That bad ffb makes the physics feel bad, as ffb is a major thing in mimicking physics.

https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content...een_LiveryEditorDecal_PS4_E32017-1200x675.png

(cant find how to add a picture in the new mobile site)

Marketed yes, but it always has been called that yet it never has been that much of a hc simulator. Just a familiar slogan. dont get stuck on that.
Sadly that picture of the Gulf does not confirm that livery editor will be in game on launch. It is quite possibly the most requested feature for the last decade, yet they have not made a feature of it in promotional content nor shown fans how it works.

This either means that PDI aren't particularly fussed about it, or it isn't ready. Hopefully for people who have been wanting it for years that the reason is the former.

P.S we also saw Rhonda in the lead up to GT6 and we didn't get that until 2 years later.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why your confused as I've already explained this.

DC has no such issue at all, it makes no pretence that it's an arcade racer.

Oh and I've not said I'm not going to buy it, so please do put words in my mouth. I've said I will buy it for comparison tests and videos, would you like to see a screenshot of the pre-order?

Look, drive club and the crew are two of the worst racing games I have wasted my money on in the last two years. They got a good marketing team that tricked me into buying their products, but they really are crap, waste of time and money. I'm glad I did not buy project cars, that game is crap too. All three of these games have terrible physics and force feedback, I will not be tricked into buying any of their iterations and I would not recommend anyone else buying them. My recommendation is to stick with real quality prices like gt, forza, Assetto corsa, iracing.

Look, drive club and the crew are two of the worst racing games I have wasted my money on in the last two years. They got a good marketing team that tricked me into buying their products, but they really are crap, waste of time and money. I'm glad I did not buy project cars, that game is crap too. All three of these games have terrible physics and force feedback, I will not be tricked into buying any of their iterations and I would not recommend anyone else buying them. My recommendation is to stick with real quality prices like gt, forza, Assetto corsa, iracing.
So you know something you didn't buy is crap?

Interesting.

The Crew is OK, Driveclub is an excellent arcade racer (and was never advertised as anything else). The physics and FFB on PCars is far from crap and certainly better than anything the GT series has produced to date (and if you wish to dispute that, take it to the correct thread and you best bring evidence).

I would strongly suggest that you don't mix up what is your own opinion (you can dislike any title you like for any subjective reason you like) with what can actuall be show to be objectively untrue.

Im sorry to say this but after forza 7 trailer gt sport looks a bit boring.

That's good that you have an opinion like that, and believe me it isn't a problem either, but we also have dedicated threads for Forza 7 where we can discuss that game. :) I do believe that Forza 7 looks good, but there's two things wrong with that game; its color palette, and (this one throws me off really bad) the outside the headlight/taillight lens light source. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL? Haha. GT Sports graphics are excellent. Superb, in my opinion.

You've said this a few times before and passed it of as a fact whilst not really making sense, and the fun was all based on the fact your skills were not good enough to handle the Porsche 911 GT3. So I've no idea why you keep posting this when every time your view has been challenged you have not been able to back it it up with anything of substance.

You only have to ignore me if you don't agree, like I do. Gtplanet is not about searching the Truth of the universe but enjoying and talking about sim racing games and sharing differents points of view :)

You only have to ignore me if you don't agree, like I do. Gtplanet is not about searching the Truth of the universe but enjoying and talking about sim racing games and sharing differents points of view :)
You don't get to determine what GT Planet is or is not about.

Nor do you get to determine that fact and opinion can be interchanged just because you want. Two members who repeatedly thought they could are no longer members, take that on board.

You don't get to determine what GT Planet is or is not about.

Nor do you get to determine that fact and opinion can be interchanged just because you want. Two members who repeatedly thought they could are no longer members, take that on board.

I'm not determining NOTHING ! I didn't say the word "determine" nor "fact".

In my opinion, opinions should be welcome in gtplanet, differents opinions rewards the forums, if only people take it as it is, opinions and not confrontations.

When I agree with you or with another I say it, we can not all agree in everything...

If someone else says something I don't agree I ignore it, or I share my point of view if I think it's interesting. There's nothing bad in ignore something or in talk of differents points of view.

I'm not determining NOTHING ! I didn't say the word "determine" nor "fact".

In my opinion, opinions should be welcome in gtplanet, differents opinions rewards the forums, if only people take it as it is, opinions and not confrontations.

When I agree with you or with another I say it, we can not all agree in everything...
The attitude will not serve you well.

Either take it on board or continue as you have in the past. Its not a point of debate, its a piece of advice you would do well to take on.

That's good that you have an opinion like that, and believe me it isn't a problem either, but we also have dedicated threads for Forza 7 where we can discuss that game. :) I do believe that Forza 7 looks good, but there's two things wrong with that game; its color palette, and (this one throws me off really bad) the outside the headlight/taillight lens light source. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL? Haha. GT Sports graphics are excellent. Superb, in my opinion.
Says this is not the thread to discuss FM7, but continues to discuss Fm7.

Both very, very minor details to completely toss out one game over the other. They're both going to be extremely well detailed games, and both have their weaknesses. I have my gripes with GTS, but they're slowly pulling me back in. If you happen to have both consoles, than you should seriously try getting both titles to be honest.

There is one thing I agree one though, I've never liked T10's headlight/tailight illumination, but it did look a lot more natural this time around. It's something I definitely keep an eye out for because I take many photos, and the light source from those have always been an issue when taking photos.

Has anyone else spotted that Amazon shows a release date of December 29th? Could that be for real?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FT72NOO/?tag=gtplanet-20
How many times do we have to remind people all those dates that keep showing up here and there are just placeholders?
Don't you think PD would have given us a date and you'd read it here if it was official?

How many times do we have to remind people all those dates that keep showing up here and there are just placeholders?
Don't you think PD would have given us a date and you'd read it here if it was official?

Yeah, my mistake. I had a mad moment of over excited-ness and should have known better, back to normal now. My apologies!

Back