Gran Turismo SPORT: Community Survey

• Thread starter AJ
  • 119 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's relatively easy to get the Logitech's working on a PS4. I haven't tried it as I have a T500, but I know people who have.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-driving-force-gt-g27-with-ffb.336625/
I disagree with the relatively easy part of that statement. Relatively easy if you have a PC nearby your console and spend $30+- for some electronics parts + assembly and programming. $80+- for more electronics parts + assembly and programming if you don't have a PC nearby your console. I hear the $80 option gives boogered up FFB as well. Won't be considering GT:S or PS4 unless and until my G27 is supported, out of the box, with no mods required to make it work.

I would purchase a PS4 & PS+ for the full release of GT SPORT, only if the G27 wheel is supported.
Won't be considering GT:S or PS4 unless and until my G27 is supported, out of the box, with no mods required to make it work.

On the assumption that this will not happen, what are your future plans for continuing your hobby?

@Dragonwhiskey-avens
I recommend anyone with a functional DFGT, G25, or G27 to look into selling them asap.
The cheapest USED DFGT is going for 180 USD on Amazon right now, G25s and G27s are closer to 300.

Last edited:
I recommend anyone with a functional DFGT, G25, or G27 to look into selling them asap.
The cheapest USED DFGT is going for 180 USD on Amazon right now, G25s and G27s are closer to 300.

I don't want to get rid of a perfectly reliable wheel for a more expensive, less reliable one or a wheel that has barely changed from the one I have.
One that you can't use, or have to modify to use?
I guess you can gripe about it and eventually cave when the value goes down.
The idea you bought a wheel that would work forever is new to me.

I don't want to get rid of a perfectly reliable wheel for a more expensive, less reliable one or a wheel that has barely changed from the one I have.
If you don't sell it now for $150 or more then no one will have any interest in it when you are done with it. Then you are even more out of pocket when you possibly decide to get a new one in the future and have to pay fully out of pocket instead of using money from selling your old one. You will eventually have to move to the newer console or a PC. Logitech is not going to update the G27 to the PS4. That is why they made the G29. Just trying to help.

If you don't sell it now for $150 or more then no one will have any interest in it when you are done with it. Then you are even more out of pocket when you possibly decide to get a new one in the future and have to pay fully out of pocket instead of using money from selling your old one. You will eventually have to move to the newer console or a PC. Logitech is not going to update the G27 to the PS4. That is why they made the G29. Just trying to help.
Maybe he's already a pc player. The cost of new wheel + console + games + PS+ is roughly the same as keeping your perfectly good G27 and buying a very good gaming pc.

We're veering off topic now. Please keep your comments and questions related to the survey. Many thanks.

I don't buy things to resell them. While I don't expect them to last forever, I expect them to last long enough for me to feel I've got my money's worth out of them. By the time I'm done with anything I buy, I don't expect anyone to want them. I still have a couple other old PC wheels hanging around collecting dust. They're not worth selling at this point. I'm pretty sure I could still plug those into my PC and continue using them however, so they still have some small value in that regard. I've already went down the road of buying hardware for the console because my current hardware was unsupported. I've gone down the "upgrade" road as well. I'm no longer willing to do so, for one, unproven game, from a producer who has yet to convince me they can provide an experience that is worth the cost.

As for continuing my "hobby", I've had many hobbies over the years, only a couple have stayed around indefinitely. GT, and gaming in general, aren't in that list. Hobbies come and hobbies go. I'll be starting a new one up this spring and we'll see how that pans out. So, to answer @AJ 's question about continuing this particular hobby, seeing what's currently being offered, it's unlikely that I will.

By the way, good to see you're still around @CSLACR . I'd not seen a thing from you on GTP for quite some time. 'Course, just cuz I ain't seen you around doesn't mean you weren't. :cheers:

Why the lack of an offline option of the survey? Has PD confirmed that GT Sport will be online-only?

I have a PS4, but I'm mainly interested in playing offline, I have no interest at all in PS+ and I will never buy a online-only game.

FS7
Why the lack of an offline option of the survey? Has PD confirmed that GT Sport will be online-only?

I have a PS4, but I'm mainly interested in playing offline, I have no interest at all in PS+ and I will never buy a online-only game.
AJ
a separate survey will be offered at a later date for you.

AJ
We're veering off topic now. Please keep your comments and questions related to the survey. Many thanks.
The survey does not adequately reflect what the community want.

I think that all your surveys will need an option of "this survey is not applicable to me." or something to get a REAL indication of where thr community is at.

AJ
On the assumption that this will not happen, what are your future plans for continuing your hobby?

PC games/sims. They have full support and there's no shortage of PC games.

Not only that, Forza is coming to the PC too, first with limited content -alike what GT Sport is to GT7- and then as a complete release. In the past 10 years that series has consistently been getting much better reviews than the GT games of the time.

Last edited:
I'm all itching ready and waiting!

Bit the inevitable bullet (as some stubbornly fail to release) and purchased my PS4 in November and then a G29 for a steal price in January to replace my year old G27 (luckily selling for great value on eBay still, that'll pay off my G29 ;) ), so can't wait for GTS to start its Beta and then release!

I think that all your surveys will need an option of "this survey is not applicable to me." or something to get a REAL indication of where thr community is at.

Agreed. This doesn't "check the pulse of the community", the OP description and every single poll option seems to push me to commit to GT Sport now before the poll closes and the next one opens, and if I don't vote I'm automatically no longer interested in GT.

I assume that's not how you mean it @AJ, what about people who want more detail on the game before deciding whether they get a PS4? When do you plan to close the poll?

Well it isn't his survey, he is just the one carrying it out.

@AJWho is that survey on behalf of? Just GTP, or PD/Sony?
AJ
The author and the publisher.

I'm not sure exactly who it is on behalf of but whoever they are I'm sure they've checked GTP's user numbers and will account for the fact that some of the users will have what is essentially no interest in the game. The survey is concerned with those who are certain on the listed criteria. AJ is quite simply the messenger, no need to kill him.

I'm pretty sure he means the one who created (author) and posted (publisher) the thread...

I'm fairly certain if it was meant for GTPSCS purposes he would have said so, which on the face of it seems to be run nearly solely by him. Since the author and publisher are not disclosed it could be anyone of himself, Jordan, GTP, PD, or Sony. We probably won't know who is being referred to but it doesn't matter, my point was in a more blunt way: please answer this question if it applies to you, if not, we aren't interested.

Its rough, i know. But something has to be done. In fact, connecting to the server is free (gathering online data). What's paid is the ability to play online with other people, just like what Xbox Live used to be.
So I can sign up, but I can't play online. Can I still update the game and go to the PS store??

To quote the OP, "...a separate survey will be offered at a later date for you."

Yes, you would still have access to everything but online multiplayer that isn't a free-to-play release.
Ok, last one LAST ONE lol. Can I still play games that requires Internet to play?? (like NFS 2015 or the division)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back