Gran Turismo SPORT: Community Survey

• Thread starter AJ
  • 119 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ
Thank you to everyone who voted on the 1st question.

The second question is only for those who did not vote on the 1st question.

Please post below if you think you do not fall into any of the categories.

Many thanks in advance.

[x] I own a PS4, currently subscribe to PS+, and intend to buy GT:Sport the day of release.

For this being a "sticky", it's a rather incomplete survey that does not fully represent all scenarios of "interest" of the community. It merely represents the "skeptics" of the GTP community.

Why not have every survey being a sticky or none at all.

That was covered in question 1.

That was covered in question 1.

Really? What I'm reading is, "...but NOT [interested in] a PS+ subscription". Which many of us already have and have had since day one.

Question 2 doesn't apply to much of the GTPlanet Gran Turismo community either. Many of us are not waiting for more info, we have already made our minds to buy it. We aren't skeptical about GT:Sport, or PS+ for that matter.

Question 2 doesn't apply to much of the GTPlanet Gran Turismo community either. Many of us are not waiting for more info, we have already made our minds to buy it. We aren't skeptical about GT:Sport, or PS+ for that matter.
Question 2 has 26 votes for:
I own a PS4. I am waiting for more details regarding GT SPORT before deciding to purchase.
and 18 votes for:
I do not own a PS4. I am waiting for more details regarding GT SPORT before deciding to purchase.
for a grand total of 44 votes of waiting for more info.

Question 2 has 26 votes for:
I own a PS4. I am waiting for more details regarding GT SPORT before deciding to purchase.
and 18 votes for:
I do not own a PS4. I am waiting for more details regarding GT SPORT before deciding to purchase.
for a grand total of 44 votes of waiting for more info.

Again, I'm NOT waiting for more information. I made up my mind to purchase it the moment it was publicly announced. Such a choice is not represented. I am NOT skeptical about it.

Have you not ready anything I've said?

Again, I'm NOT waiting for more information. I made up my mind to purchase it the moment it was publicly announced. Such a choice is not represented. I am NOT skeptical about it.

Have you not ready anything I've said?
Let me see. You said
[x] I own a PS4, currently subscribe to PS+, and intend to buy GT:Sport the day of release.
Which was an exact answer in question 1, making this question not applicable to you.
Then you thought for the community with this

Bolded the part where you were talking for the community. So I showed you what the community has voted for.

Now I will just let @AJ deal with this as he pleases.

He's already done it mate, that's what @Fallen_log is trying to say... Read through the thread.
When it was originally published (the poll) it had a 1st Question containing most answers similar to what you are saying...
@AJ then obviously recorded the results, and then edited the poll to a 2nd Question, aimed at those who could not answer the 1st, offering more specific reasons as to why people may not be completely sold or are quite ready to step to next gen yet, etc.

Really? What I'm reading is, "...but NOT [interested in] a PS+ subscription".

That is one of five optional answers to question 2. Please read the OP, and my previous responses to similar questions on this thread. 👍

Last edited:
Putting up a survey without letting the community know it was timed doesn't really help either. Then replacing the first poll with a second poll in the same thread only led to confusion.

Good job. 👍

AJ
I would like to present a series of questions.

AJ
The first question concerns the subject of 'Preparation'.

AJ
Thank you to everyone who voted on the 1st question.

The second question is only for those who did not vote on the 1st question.

AJ has done just fine in giving notification that this would be a series of questions. If people would do as they are supposed to and read through a whole thread so they have the information they need then we wouldn't have this confusion.

AJ has done just fine in giving notification that this would be a series of questions. If people would do as they are supposed to and read through a whole thread so they have the information they need then we wouldn't have this confusion.
Where in any of those quotes does he state a range of availability for the poll?

Nevermind the fact that people have asked what's behind the purpose of this "community survey" just to have the question brushed away.

If people would do as they are supposed to and read through a whole thread so they have the information they need then we wouldn't have this confusion.
👍

Even for people who do not speak English well(like me),the OP is crystal clear and does not cause any confusion.

Nevermind the fact that people have asked what's behind the purpose of this "community survey" just to have the question brushed away

For now we know that the series of questions is being asked by the author and publisher which could be any combination of AJ, Jordan, GTPlanet, PD, or Sony, AJ just happens to be the person facilitating it. I'm sure the questions will eventually answer that question, and if they don't it's just something we'll have to live with not knowing.

For now we know that the series of questions is being asked by the author and publisher which could be any combination of AJ, Jordan, GTPlanet, PD, or Sony, AJ just happens to be the person facilitating it. I'm sure the questions will eventually answer that question, and if they don't it's just something we'll have to live with not knowing.
If it were Jordan, GTPlanet, PD or Sony, I'd suspect someone much higher up the chain here would have been the one to host this "community survey".

If it were Jordan, GTPlanet, PD or Sony, I'd suspect someone much higher up the chain here would have been the one to host this "community survey".

Not necessarily, see if Jordan or someone from PD or Sony were to host it people everywhere would assume they have information to release. Then the thread would get spammed all to hell and back with questions totally unrelated to the survey, which would become lost in the sea of GT Sport questions, ensuing arguments, and lord knows what else.

By having AJ do it, if he is asked for information he can honestly say he knows no more than any of the rest of us. It's also a better way because certainly there are a large amount of people who are just skeptical of the new game as you, but if the survey is answered by total fanboys who've come looking for more info the results won't be entirely representative of the community.

I'm not skeptical of the new game, I'm skeptical of the motives of this thread, especially since I feel that this is only for the purpose of GTPES and nothing else.

Voted. I have a PS4, wheel/pedals, rig and PS+, but will not be committing to GTS until a lot more information is available, and to be honest its going to have to significantly move things on to be a purchase given that we have many other solid sims on the PS4 and due within the next few months.

I voted for question 4
but my real answer is
I DO NOT own a PS4. I am interested in GT SPORT, but not a PS+ subscription.

Does anyone know when its released?

original24.jpg

This poll is by no means representative of the wider majority of global gran turismo players.

GtPlanet members being a comparatively tiny minority of the global players.

Judging by those who have voted here at GtPlanet, looks like there's more voters will not be buying gran Turismo sport.

But if I had to vote purely for personal opinion, I'd take the smart option to wait for details on the game before deciding to buy. :D

Last edited:
This poll is by no means representative of the wider majority of global gran turismo players.

GtPlanet members being a comparatively tiny minority of the global players.

Judging by those who have voted here at GtPlanet, looks like there's more voters will not be buying gran Turismo sport.

But if I had to vote purely for personal opinion, I'd take the smart option to wait for details on the game before deciding to buy. :D
The current poll is limited to those "not interested in GTSport".

Thank you to everyone who responded to the 2 polls that were added to this thread.

There will be another poll added in the near future. This thread will be unlocked and re-stickyed at that time.

Once again, many thanks for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back