AJ

Premium
United Kingdom
UK [UTC+1]
GTP_AJ
GTP AJ
UPDATE - 24th March

AJ
Thank you to everyone who responded to the 2 polls that were added to this thread.

There will be another poll added in the near future. This thread will be unlocked and re-stickyed at that time.

Once again, many thanks for your participation.

UPDATE - 13th March

AJ
Thank you to everyone who voted on the 1st question.

The second question is only for those who did not vote on the 1st question.

Please post below if you think you do not fall into any of the categories.

Many thanks in advance.

GTScs.png

As you may be aware, development of the latest instalment in the Gran Turismo franchise is well underway, Gran Turismo SPORT, and will be preluded by an online beta later this year.

The check the pulse of the community, and to try and direct your energies, I would like to present a series of questions.

Each question will follow the last, so only those who participated in the previous question will have their votes tallied in the next.

This survey is only for those interested in PlayStation 4, PS+, and Gran Turismo SPORT. For those who are not, or were interested in previous GT titles but no longer are; a separate survey will be offered at a later date for you.

The first question concerns the subject of 'Preparation'.

Please post any questions pertaining structure or phrasing of the survey questions below.

Please use this thread for all other discussion.

Last edited:
AJ
View attachment 523545

As you may be aware, development of the latest instalment in the Gran Turismo franchise is well underway, Gran Turismo SPORT, and will be preluded by an online beta later this year.

The check the pulse of the community, and to try and direct your energies, I would like to present a series of questions.

Each question will follow the last, so only those who participated in the previous question will have their votes tallied in the next.

This survey is only for those interested in PlayStation 4, PS+, and Gran Turismo SPORT. For those who are not, or were interested in previous GT titles but no longer are; a separate survey will be offered at a later date for you.

The first question concerns the subject of 'Preparation'.

Please use this thread for all discussion

If you can't discuss the survey in here (which i'd be interested in doing and is thread subject), then point of thread is null and void.

If you can't discuss the survey in here (which i'd be interested in doing and is thread subject), then point of thread is null and void.

I have rephrased the OP. Replying in this thread is not prohibited, we just don't want to split the general discussion from the other thread. Hope that clears things up. 👍

PS+ is required for online play on PS4 if the game is not free-to-play. Betas require PS+ as well.
Ok, so it's just my current console ignorance. :lol:
I knew the beta did, but long forgot the new pay to play Sony network.

So the only poll option "missing" is "I will buy a PS4 and PS+ if GTS looks good after it's released". (no date required since release is unknown)

There's an option missing.

I will purchase a PS4 and GT SPORT......

I ain't paying a subscription for a game I pick up once a week for a couple of hours

What if I want to wait and find out more about GTS before deciding? How is that not even a consideration?

I still don't have a ps4, can I still play a game if needs internet??

If you don't buy PS+ you won't be able to do any online gaming.
Cool,

SO i have to buy a $600 console, $70 Physical game that's only 1/8th complete as the rest will be downloadable patches, and then get stung an extra $10 per month for a subscription to be able to play the unfinished $70 game.....

Bye Bye GT:S
I'm going back to the PS2 where games were complete at release and still work today...

Cool,

SO i have to buy a $600 console, $70 Physical game that's only 1/8th complete as the rest will be downloadable patches, and then get stung an extra $10 per month for a subscription to be able to play the unfinished $70 game.....

I'm going back to the PS2 where games were complete at release and still work today...
This can sound like HUGE and fantasy optimizing, but maybe just maybe, Sony will re-habilitate it's mind and make online-free again... Never know :rolleyes:

Cool,

The beta is free. Not $70. PS+ is $59 for the year. That is less than $5 a month. The console is $299 not $600. Your math is off a little.

Vote entered.

Edit: does anyone mind if I ask who the survey is being conducted for? Is it just an internal GTP thing, or for Sony?

Last edited:
Cool,

Last I checked (feel free to correct me otherwise), the retail price for the PS4 In Austrailia had dropped to $475.95.

Also, that's a pretty foggy prediction on a game no one still knows about as well as a rather kneejerk reaction to the Subscription (which kinda has been known for years now) based solely on one game.

upload_2016-3-9_1-31-24.png

Last I checked (feel free to correct me otherwise), the retail price for the PS4 In Austrailia had dropped to $475.95.

Also, that's a pretty foggy prediction on a game no one still knows about as well as a rather kneejerk reaction to the Subscription (which kinda has been known for years now) based solely on one game.

View attachment 523595

Join the BROTRRhood! :D

This can sound like HUGE and fantasy optimizing, but maybe just maybe, Sony will re-habilitate it's mind and make online-free again... Never know :rolleyes:
Sony has lost their money for running a free online service on PS3. Its everywhere in the news.

Its rough, i know. But something has to be done. In fact, connecting to the server is free (gathering online data). What's paid is the ability to play online with other people, just like what Xbox Live used to be.

The other option missing is "I won't be buying a PS4 any time soon". I'm not going to board the GT-Sport hype train. Have not drove GT-6 since I switched to PC gaming in December. Cheaper, more choices, better graphics. Plus the fact that a PS4 isn't nearly the media center that a PS3 is.

AJ
This survey is only for those interested in PlayStation 4, PS+, and Gran Turismo SPORT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back