Gran Turismo Sport End of Life Announced for January 31 2024

• Thread starter Famine
  • 357 comments
Brand central museum and videos are all gone now as well. How on earth is the museum not part of offline content? What possible reason do they have to need server connection for us to view pictures and text? As a result sponsors like Michelin, FIA and Lewis Hamilton's pages are all blank now.

We cannot change driver suit/helmet but you can still add a driver in scapes (along with any poses you purchased from MiEx). So similar situation with liveries, the actual data is on the disk but because saving liveries need internet PD just decides to take the easy route and nuke everything.

I can still save car tunes and create new sheets. Not sure why the guy 2 posts above me can't.

Anyway, I finally finished exporting all my photos today and allowed the garage thumbnails to refresh. Nothing else to do in GTS, I took out the disc one last time, gave it a good wipe and placed it back in the Collector's Edition steelbook case. Good night and rest well partner.

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to catch up with these news, but I am relieved to know that the server shutdown did not affect the single player game progression. My second account is only missing the Lv50 trophy for the Platinum and I was half-expecting the shutdown to make that trophy unattainable as well. However, now the path to the GT Sport Platinum trophy will forever be open to me.

I think that profile is somewhere around Lv42, so therefore the majority of the grind lies still ahead. Maybe, just maybe, I'll find the patience to get it done some day :lol:

Last edited:
Anyway, I finally finished exporting all my photos today and allowed the garage thumbnails to refresh. Nothing else to do in GTS, I took out the disc one last time, gave it a good wipe and placed it back in the Collector's Edition steelbook case. Good night and rest well partner.
Pretty much will be doing that myself later on before uninstalling the game (Just because the comical amount of space it took up every time updates rolled around, including the one that removed the Online functionality).

GT5 was the best IMO
GT2 was the best. Followed by GT4 and GT3.

I've started playing GTS again and I'm working my way though the events. Sooner or later I'm going to forget to manually save ..

Last edited:
GT2 was the best. Followed by GT4 and GT3.

I've started playing GTS again and I'm working my way though the events. Sooner or later I'm going to forget to manually save ..
Yes, I miss some of the missions that were presented in GT4. Well we may as well put up our GTS games for now as there is no more online events to do or take part in.

Pretty much will be doing that myself later on before uninstalling the game (Just because the comical amount of space it took up every time updates rolled around, including the one that removed the Online functionality).
i mainly got my ps4 for gt sport and got into wrc10 …it was the only games i used my ps4 for. When i got my ps5 and downloaded gt sport to that my ps4 is mainly being used for ps+ games.

But yeah the space these games take up is ridiculous at times

Quick question: Since being online isn't required anymore does it mean that we can exchange our offline GTS saves?

EDIT: Seems that an PSN Enabled account is required to copy GTS and other saves to USB.

Last edited:
Quick question: Since being online isn't required anymore does it mean that we can exchange our offline GTS saves?

EDIT: Seems that an PSN Enabled account is required to copy GTS and other saves to USB.
You can exchange PS4 save files with someone else through the use of a program called Save Wizard. It allows you to edit a save in a manner where it makes the PS4 'think' that the save file you've gotten from someone else is actually yours.

Beware though, as this might cause you to 'earn' trophies with illegitimate timestamps, which would get you flagged as a cheater on trophy tracking websites (in case that's of any relevance to you).

Last edited:
ah that is interesting - many thanks.
That Software would save me hundreds of hours of grinding to get all cars into my garage

I play for my personal pleasure so it is not important that I get flagged somewhere

Last edited:
I haven’t even realized that til now 😳 they were superb 🫡
Unfortunate that PD's dev schedule doesn't line up with the events anymore,GT7 would be even bigger if every event a new car showed up or a new track.I remember the long awaited SPA first reveal being at a world tour

With the closure of GT Sport's online, does this mean all the stuff in the Mileage Exchange can no longer be reobtained?
This was in the OP.

Screenshot_1.png

Fundamentally, because it isn't.

Simple perhaps, but also wrong.

We've written two articles on this - both in this thread - and it's been mentioned several times. You might even have noticed if you played it yourself in the last three days...
"Read the article" ;) :cheers:
Seeing all those greyed out icons is just heartbreaking man. It's like seeing a mansion that has been gutted and only the fixtures remain.

I know they communicated that we wouldn't be able to see other people's liveries anymore, but I was still holding out hope that at least we can save our own liveries locally. We can still save scapes so it should be the same system. It really doesn't make sense why the Livery Editor becomes unusable (especially as other people pointed out - AI cars in GT League still has their custom liveries). Also cars in garage revert back to normal livery EXCEPT those with race numbers and custom rims do not get those reverted. And since you can't enter livery editor there is NO WAY to reset them to default except buy a new car. Dumb oversight by PD.

For GT7, does this mean we will also lose all customizations when they pull the plug? Because currently you can't save a style unless you're connected to the internet. Livery is one thing but the customization in GT7 is more extensive. Will all widebody or engine swap cars be rendered undriveable? Will they be reverted to stock? Scary to think the hundreds of hours I spend tuning will be wasted just like that.

Also silly to wipe out our stats page. They could've removed all that community page stuff but left out our own offline stats intact.

Same deal with mileage exchange. Is it really that hard to code an offline patch that makes all items available permanently? We still get mileage XP for driving (even if we don't get the daily marathon bonus). Now it's all useless.

If they really want to go the extra mile they could code in a "LAN mode" to replace online. I know all the backend stuff is already there as that's what they use for the in-person finals. Maybe Nenkaai could reverse engineer this stuff in the future but it would be nice to have an official patch.

So kudos to PD for making the game workable offline (unlike Ubisoft with The Crew), but there's more that they could've done to preserve certain features of the game I feel. They had 2 years to prepare and it's well within their capabilities to sort this out. Video game preservation is a real thing, especially with Gran Turismo games as we can see people even today enjoying the PS1 era games. From GT Sport onwards, once PD decides to pull the plug that's it. These games will never be the same anymore.

I hope he's successful with the lawsuit and can prevent game companies completely rendering always online games useless, but I'm not holding out much hope. A lot of mobile freemium games allow you to buy stuff with real money, but once the servers shutdown that's it. It's like nothing you ever owned or paid for matters.

At least if you bought the game on PC there may be an unofficial patch to make it work offline in the future. People managed to patch NFS World and keep playing it offline after the servers go down.

In any case, the push for always online and DRM is definitely a worrying trend. Anti cheat is good but it's also anti preservation. Most people just doesn't care about the past and move on to the next shiny thing, but I always liked the idea that you could replay any older game as long as you have a working copy and hardware to run it with. Going forward there's going to be less and less games where this is true.
Just to mention, mileage XP is needed to "level up" power and weight reduction in cars, so there is still a use for it
Yeah, I may be putting my disc back in it's case and storing it in one of my secret gaming shelves.
"SECRET gaming shelves"?!?!?! I need to know more :lol:

And for all those just starting the game now, due to it being saveable offline, I hope you have lots of fun! :gtpflag:

It really did end up in a much better state (single player wise) at the end than at the start, and I'm tempted to start with a new save one day in the future...

Had some time to check out GT Sport again to confirm a few things I was wondering about:

• Custom Liveries in their entirety are absolutely dead (for shame!). Livery Editor is inaccessible, and liveries for cars in your Garage and any liveries used in replays are gone.
  • The only exception I've caught in regards to the above is any Racing Elements applied to cars, such as racing numbers and sunstrips/banners. My Lancer Road Car and GT40 still have my custom racing number on them.
  • With the Mileage Exchange dead, all 12 cars that could have been bought through it were not made available in Brand Central, thus they're all now inaccessible.
  • The Lewis Hamiltion Time Trial Challenge DLC, if you purchased and downloaded it, is still accessible, so you still have a chance to unlock the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition.
  • You can still view any replays and race/scapes photos saved on your console in My Library.
At least they gave a somewhat proper closure to GT7 Prologue, unlike GT6...

Just to mention, mileage XP is needed to "level up" power and weight reduction in cars, so there is still a use for it
Ah yeah I forgot about this. I've fully tuned all my cars a loooong time ago so I've been sitting at 99,999 Mi for a few years now :lol:
Kinda strange that this Audi TT has a livery - isn't it? I saw this today in Campaign Mode - 4WD Challenge

View attachment 1330476
AI car liveries are still present. It's just your liveries and other people's in online replays that got wiped.

Which is why everyone is saying it's stupid that we cannot have liveries or access the livery editor anymore, when CLEARLY the game can store livery data locally without internet connection.

AI car liveries are still present. It's just your liveries and other people's in online replays that got wiped.

Which is why everyone is saying it's stupid that we cannot have liveries or access the livery editor anymore, when CLEARLY the game can store livery data locally without internet connection.
I see. There is no obvious reason why liveries and the editor shouldn't be available offline. PD clearly wants people to focus on their latest game.

Even if you bought it digital you can still play it if you bought it at any time before it got delisted, its pretty clear that digital is selling more, and its cheaper to make, and thats proably why Alan wake was digital only and becouse of that it was $20 cheaper
I still haven't bought GT sport, only bought GT7 a week ago. Hopefully the offline save will be enabled to those who install and update GT sport after the server shutdown. But if GT sport was only digital then it couldn't be bought unless people bought a PS4/PS5 console with GT sport installed on the console...!!!

Latest Posts

Back