Gran Turismo Sport End of Life Announced for January 31 2024

• Thread starter Famine
  • 357 comments
Apparently someone used a link to delete all our liveries, someone on PD's staff team. I honestly didn't think they were part of the online mode, I would have thought we could still use the paint, decal and patterns feature and decorate all our cars and suits/helmets offline. Boy, did I get a surprise, I did a total of about 700 of them and now they're gone.

I worked hard on some of those, some creations took 3-4 hours to plan and create. I'm glad the photo mode and arcade mode is still open and all the GT league events, but still...

Anyone know if there's a shutdown/deadline for decals/liveries shared from GT Sport?
I can currently still import liveries I shared in Sport, but don't know if they'll shut down those servers too.

If there is... then I'm in a bit of a hurry to get a Ferrari F40 from legendary (whens it coming back?) as I have some liveries I need to import before the cutoff.

The 100 liveries rotating import thingo is annoying.. as is having to own the car to import them..

Last edited:
And a shout out to all those who I met beforehand in Starbucks in the shopping centre and marched with me to the venue 👍
Shoutout to @Roo for joining us on the march too! ;)

What a time that was, the GT Sport unveiling truly feels like a lifetime ago given how much has changed since then! I don't post as often, but I still check GTPlanet regularly.

It is rather sad that the plug is being pulled on many of its core features today, but I will be grateful GT Sport gave us the chance to experience such a cherished memory!

Apparently someone used a link to delete all our liveries, someone on PD's staff team. I honestly didn't think they were part of the online mode, I would have thought we could still use the paint, decal and patterns feature and decorate all our cars and suits/helmets offline. Boy, did I get a surprise, I did a total of about 700 of them and now they're gone.

I worked hard on some of those, some creations took 3-4 hours to plan and create. I'm glad the photo mode and arcade mode is still open and all the GT league events, but still...
This is really sad. So much work lost i cannot even imagine 🙁 Hopefully they learn how to save those decals and designs even in offline mode for GT7 when time will come to shut servers down.

Even though we had time to transfer custom liveries to GT7, it’s still a gut punch how much user created content was wiped out. Would it have been a major undertaking for PD to make it so liveries and scapes photos could be salvageable via local save? It’s depressing how little to no control we have over our custom content once servers are shut down. Still thankful for the livery transfer in GT7, so it’s not a complete loss. I managed to get a few favorites transferred. Hopefully, that feature will exist in the next installment.

Last edited:
Patching out the always online nonsense was a gesture I absolutely did not expect them to do
so far no publisher dared to take a game offline without keeping the single player part. Ubisoft plans to do that with The Crew, but there are already people preparing a class action suit to set a precedent (https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-crew/servers-shutdown-lawsuit)
The article only mentions removal of the online features, not a word about the DRM.
gt sport still has drm (physical disk required for the retail blu-ray version, license for digital version)

so far no publisher dared to take a game offline without keeping the single player part. Ubisoft plans to do that with The Crew, but there are already people preparing a class action suit to set a precedent (https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-crew/servers-shutdown-lawsuit)

gt sport still has drm (physical disk required for the retail blu-ray version, license for digital version)
Obviously I’m talking about the online requirement.

On my end, I've been able to still save my game if it helps. Though I haven't disconnected from the internet yet while trying this.

Also, I should note that the A.I. in GT League mode will still appear in custom liveries. So that's cool, it's one of my favorite things about GT Sport's GT League mode.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20240131134249.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone is experiencing troubles related to entering different sections of the menu? I mean if I try to get into Quick Race, Garage or Brand Central the game just freezes.

Last edited:
On my end, I've been able to still save my game if it helps. Though I haven't disconnected from the internet yet while trying this.

Also, I should note that the A.I. in GT League mode will still appear in custom liveries. So that's cool, it's one of my favorite things about GT Sport's GT League mode.
View attachment 1324264
Yes I noticed the custom liveries when I ran some races earlier that were added late on and which I hadn't completed (Beginner's Cup and Sunday Cup). Although it's somewhat bittersweet that we can have their custom liveries but not our own.

And yes, game save to hard drive works when online. Number of GT League wins (i'm currently on 1,511 wins!), GT League race results and trophies, credits held and mileage points held are all kept in the offline save.

I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised to still have all that we have (there's plenty of single player content remaining for example), but I did read somewhere (I think possibly @Nenkai ) that there was a simple "on-off switch" in GTS and that this is in GT7 also, so it does seem like that they planned ahead properly for server shutdown (something Ubisoft seem to have just completely ignored with The Crew).

Last edited:

View attachment 1324264
Have tried and can confirm save DOES work when disconnected, so there is NO online requirement now apart from the update downloads.

Well this is it guys, in about 5-6 hours, the online server for GT sport will be going to the gravesite. I will miss all the fun and action of the daily races from all over the world! A huge thank you for PD providing all the time trial events and all the races provided to keep us all pre-occupied. We are a wonderful community and we deserve to have fun in the GT world!

friend every beginning has an end and you You are right but I am sad. bye gt. It's not the end but I had many car appearances. but well this is over, the appearances, the helmets, the photos, the videos of everything. But I repeat again every beginning has its end.

Do I understand correctly that special Audi R18 TDI Le Mans 2011 (which could only be acquired from Daily Marathon) that I hunted for a loooong time is now impossible to get?
I would suspect that you won't be able to get this now but that makes me wonder....

Can you still get the Mercedes VGT Lewis Hamilton Edition as the Lewis Hamilton DLC is still usable so does that mean that the car can still be obtained from gaining Diamond on the TTs as it was part of the DLC so in theory it should be in the data files and not on the server.

I'm sure I set a gold time on all of these except for one but not a Diamond time to get the car.

Plus as the DLC was not free I would hope it is still available.

The final update ever was for the funny number
1.69 im feeling fine.

Again, PD communicated this in September and we also flagged it in our article at the time.
Yes, I managed to transfer most of my liveries over to GT7. Fairly straight forward process, vehicle depending.

Huge thanks to all I raced in GTSport , hope to see you in the GT7 world. Even those dirty drivers amongst you.:banghead:

GTSport introduced me to :gtplanet: so shout out to all the armchair racers.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Oh, so it is possible to transfer custom liveries to gt7, well I'm interested to see what SuperGT said about this final moment. I gotta watch it this weekend.

I would suspect that you won't be able to get this now but that makes me wonder....

Can you still get the Mercedes VGT Lewis Hamilton Edition as the Lewis Hamilton DLC is still usable so does that mean that the car can still be obtained from gaining Diamond on the TTs as it was part of the DLC so in theory it should be in the data files and not on the server.

I'm sure I set a gold time on all of these except for one but not a Diamond time to get the car.

Plus as the DLC was not free I would hope it is still available.
I was wondering the same thing. Even though I just got platinum trophy before shutdown, my inner completionist also demands to get diamonds in Hamilton DLC. My initial plan was to get all cars in the game, and trust me, I’ve done my share number of Daily Marathons with no Audi in sight. But I hope at least that Hamilton Mercedes is still acquirable…

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. Even though I just got platinum trophy before shutdown, my inner completionist also demands to get diamonds in Hamilton DLC. My initial plan was to get all cars in the game, and trust me, I’ve done my share number of Daily Marathons with no Audi in sight. But I hope at least that Hamilton Mercedes is still acquirable…
So, what did you think about the final shutdown of GT sport. All liveries have been deleted.

I've gotten the prize cars up to gold for that DLC after the shutdown. So maybe there's still hope.

It's such a shame that PD didn't revise a much simpler gt auto shop way for us to swap wheels and paint colours on our cars instead of having those all wiped from the game forever. :(:indiff:
After reading the article from here;
it seems like the livery editor is actually part of the server, not the game, as it says:

"What happens to my liveries after online services end on 31 January 2024?
As Discover requires an online connection, it will no longer be possible to access custom liveries of vehicles, helmets, or racing suits."

So Discover is what we all know for finding liverys, scapes, replays etc... but maybe the livery editor itself was actually integrated with it via a server and so not actually being part of the game's data which means we can no longer user it as it is a server feature and not a game feature.

🤔

Last edited:
not actually being part of the games data
The wheels most certainly are a part of the games data as they have not been removed from the cars which I swapped out the stock wheels for.
They would all be gone completely if they were not included in the data that is installed on my PS4, surely. The wheels at least must still be there in the data (i'd bet the paints are too) so why not make it so we can still use them in the same way we could in GT5/6 ??? They did not require the internet to change wheels and paints.

oddly, I have two cars (a 911 GT3 and a Z33) that have retained their number stickers from the liveries I created, so those decals are still in the games data because the A.I. use them too.

Last edited:
What a interesting journey this game had,from a heavily criticized gameplay reveal, a kinda middling reception to the heavy support that changed the game so much it also changed the perception from people online.Those live events were great PR

I already warned it back in the day, when it was closed it would be a coaster, if someone bought it recently it would not serve anything other than a demo, since the save was Online and since the servers had been closed

Back