Gran Turismo Sport - fuel consumption list & tire usage

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 213 comments
@Sven Jurgens I didn't wan't to use BoP because they are changing it all the time, so better was, at least from my perspective, to test each car under same conditions, and on it's original power/weight... and then did few tests with increased/lowered power and weight just to get clue how much it does affect MPG.

It is not perfect, but at least it gives people some advice what is what... and regarding lap times, each car is good on some, bad on other tracks. It is sad to see that suspension and tranny settings are locked when BoP races are there... for me, it simply doesn't cut in... I cannot understand that some cars have ideal tranny setups (pre 1.10 megane Gr.4), other have to wide (Boxter CS GT4).

Cheers...

@Sven Jurgens I didn't wan't to use BoP because they are changing it all the time, so better was, at least from my perspective, to test each car under same conditions, and on it's original power/weight... and then did few tests with increased/lowered power and weight just to get clue how much it does affect MPG.

It is not perfect, but at least it gives people some advice what is what... and regarding lap times, each car is good on some, bad on other tracks. It is sad to see that suspension and tranny settings are locked when BoP races are there... for me, it simply doesn't cut in... I cannot understand that some cars have ideal tranny setups (pre 1.10 megane Gr.4), other have to wide (Boxter CS GT4).

Cheers...
BOP attempts to keep the nature of the car the same so while some are faster on the straights others in the corners. From what i understand you may have overtuned a few cars to equalize them on the straights thus overtuning the cornering cars. This may explain the poor performance of the alfa and great performance of the naturally high power cars.

I think its very difficult to measure them keeping their nature while also in a controlled way. I think for G1 this will be much easier for this

BOP may be the most relevant for online but until we have proper endurance races we don't know.

...will try to finish Gr.4, and add as many as possible N cars, I can afford right now only two Gr.1 cars. Was thinking of new Audi R18 and Porsche 919, since Toyota TS030 is older model, and newer one is already there, will let it afterwards... The VGT cars are last on my list, sadly...

I would have thought half the fun of GT Sport would be working out yourself all this information for your own benefit.

I have never really understood why people want to share this good information to the wider public.

...why not? If you don't want that info, just don't look at it :)

But eventually you end up with a situation where everyone knows the best car for any given track and essentially you have a megane situation again.

Dont get me wrong, im not criticising the post, its just in real life teams would try to keep any advantage they can to themselves. This merely aids someone who has the ability to type into google.

But eventually you end up with a situation where everyone knows the best car for any given track and essentially you have a megane situation again.

Dont get me wrong, im not criticising the post, its just in real life teams would try to keep any advantage they can to themselves. This merely aids someone who has the ability to type into google.

...well, problem is BoP, and it screws a lot of this calculations...

There is already the Meganes situation, sheeple will follow the leaderboards then realise they were set with different cars to what people actually race with when tire/fuel usage is on. Then follow the car selection of the race winners.
It was all atenzas m4 and Meganes in my gr4 races today, I can't wait to see these cars stats in gr4 compared to my gr4 viper.

I wonder if having BoP makes them equal???
I did today's C daily race and chose the Mclaren based on the tests but then i remembered BoP is on so don't know if it was any better after all?

I wonder if having BoP makes them equal???
I did today's C daily race and chose the Mclaren based on the tests but then i remembered BoP is on so don't know if it was any better after all?
I also drove the GT3 McLaren today based on rex's list (thank you, very valuable work!) and was consistently using less fuel than the Porsche Cup opposition. This was nice as I always won a few seconds in the pits. I even tried to not stop at all but the car ate its rear tyres too much for that strategy to be quicker than pitting.

Finished Gr.4 list
Added 3 Gr.1 cars (4 VGT to add)
Added missing N cars except N500 Gr.3/B Road Cars (waiting for them in store)
Finished all tire compound usage

Last edited:
Finished Gr.1 list
Added and finished Gr.B list
Only missing 3 N500 Gr.3 Road Cars, waiting for them in store!

Did my best to get this as precise as possible, I hope it will help you guys.

VERY much appreciated, thank you Rex! I know this will help me pick cars for the 10-lap C races.

Finished Gr.1 list
Added and finished Gr.B list
Only missing 3 N500 Gr.3 Road Cars, waiting for them in store!

Did my best to get this as precise as possible, I hope it will help you guys.
Put it this way: your work made me win nearly 10 Gr.3 races today. The GT-R was megane-like dominant in the C race in brands and it was all down to fuel efficiency! Thank you very much for the awesome work!

Dear Rex. Thank you for all the work you've put into this. People like you put a smile on the faces of others. Have a wonderful 2018 in good spirit and health.

I did the Porsche endurance race again, N400 Prosche, stuck behind the pack at fuel map 6 and made it 16 laps with drafting. Without drafting max is 14 laps. However those were 2:20 laps with drafting (slow pack) vs 2:14 laps without drafting.

I used your list to pick the most fuel efficient car for the daily C race today, made it without a pit stop (but not at full power). However the tires were very slippery and I was way behind at the end. Taking the pit stop is a lot faster. Ofcourse having to get a little less fuel for the rest of the race can make all the difference.

I haven’t pitted in a Group C race yet and have made up several places by not doing so. In yesterday’s race I must have passed about 5 or 6 who had pitted and I managed to make it to the end with about a laps worth of fuel left but had to drive more cautiously on my worn tyres for the last few laps.

Last edited:
VW Sambabus Typ2 - 115km/h; 4:25.2; ~1021km

That's a incredible fuel economy for a 4 cylinder 1200cc aircooled engine from the 50's XD

Also, are you doing the GR.X cars?

I know it's quite useless since there's no events exclusive to that class, but it would be interesting.

Back