Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

@Tidgney did a video with some great suggestions for circuits that exist in real life and are not in GTS (Catalunya National and Club circuits, Suzuka West etc) but the environment and track exist as part of the game already as part of the existing track. I don't know much about developing games but...surely it must be easier to give us a few of those to tide us over than making a new track, which I don't expect at this stage.
That's one of the only things I don't understand about this game vs. the previous titles. Why the complete lack of track layout utilization all of a sudden? Hell even Nurb GP had multiple layouts last game! :confused:

With the discussion here on penalties, I have a random thought.

Have different penalty system depending on SR. Harsher one at lower, more lenient on S rating. It will mean is harder to get to S, so people who play bumper cars will have a harder time to get there because they will constantly be getting penalties.

Have different penalty system depending on SR. Harsher one at lower, more lenient on S rating. It will mean is harder to get to S, so people who play bumper cars will have a harder time to get there because they will constantly be getting penalties.
Inadvertently means more wins for faster players in lower rooms. Happens now, but with a fast player being "stuck" in lower rooms, hurts players trying to advance.

So what's in the update anyone??
Not much for the size of the update.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-03-25 17-45-06.png

...ten new cars :)
That's ridiculous!

Five. Five new cars...

Can't recall last time the update was this late in the evening/night.

Edit: We gotta wait before we know what's in it.
Maintenance is taking place.
This site's Gran Turismo Sport-related features are currently undergoing maintenance.
We apologise for the inconvenience. Please come back when the maintenance has been completed.

Last edited:

It's already different for SR and DR for that matter and it's a big part of the penalty problem. Only right now it's more lenient at lower levels and harsher at higher levels so they are never going to flip that around as it's intentionally set this way whether you agree and/or like it or not.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Polyphony Digital might add some content to tide fans over. :)
At 150Mb I seriously doubt it, besides its unrealistic to expect GTSport to get more cars and tracks
that are obviously being reserved for the new game
Anyway we got a lot of free content in Gran Turismo Sport from the start, and Gran Turismo 7
arrives in 2022 and looks like it's going to be a full-fat version of the game 👍

Official Update Notice:
gran-turismo.com
An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced.

Main Features Implemented

1. Sport Mode & Lobby
- Fixed an issue wherein the yellow flag would not display correctly in certain situations.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

Last edited:
Polyphony Digital might add some content to tide fans over. :)
At 150Mb I seriously doubt it, besides its unrealistic to expect GTSport to get more cars and tracks
that are obviously being reserved for the new game
Anyway we got a lot of free content in Gran Turismo Sport from the start, and Gran Turismo 7
arrives in 2022 and looks like it's going to be a full-fat version of the game 👍

but will GT7 run on a PS4?

Man it sure is taking a long time to give my virtual marshals new virtual yellow flags. This update is taking ages and it's tiny.

Poop Lexus got bop'ed too well ain't that great when I have been looking forward to weekend manufacturers since it was announced and now it's just that tiny bit harder. Sigh.

Last edited:
Back