Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 24, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Qyn, J24681357, Timm Sheehan and 4 others like this.
  2. alex511

alex511

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. BalsBrother

BalsBrother

So I expect it will be another adjustment to make the penalty system worse .... um "better". Or probably a bop update again and would be surprised if it's anything more.

4. F1Bernardo

F1Bernardo

Supra Gr3 Nerf incoming? Gr4 Jaguar? Maybe undo the injustice that was the 650s power reduction in last BoP change?

One can dream...

5. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I hope it's to revert the penalty system back to the way it was. Currently you can shove people out of your way without any consequence, it's unfair and infuriating.

6. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Imagine, PD’s favourite brand getting Nerfed. PD favours Toyota like no other brand in the game.

7. snc

snc

and in previous penalty version (probably worst of all) you would get shove out by people and get penalty for it ;d polyphony can't get good penalty system(penalty system for all or almost no penalty) so current version is probably best they can implement

Mc_Yavel, Arseiss, BigSarj and 3 others like this.
  8. hardvibes

hardvibes

Amen. Exactly what I was gonna say. All I want is the old penalty even if it had its flaws.At least it taught players to keep their damn distance. Now it's an unfair deathmatch.

Plus I hope it stop the game from crashing when getting a penalty. It rarely happens, but it does, since the last patch. I noticed it happened to other players too. They get disconnected (most probably game crashing) just seconds after hitting another car, purposefully or not. Like if the system can't elaborate the right decision for the penalty and just crashes.

I'm getting WAY MORE unfair penalties now than before and grievers are not being penalized for their unsporting behavior, so I disagree.
    The perfect example is the fact that I get brake checked 1km before the corner and I get the penalty. Another example is a corner on Red Bull Ring: people now shove me into the dirt (making me lose 10 seconds and 10 positions) and they get no penalty whatsoever for it.

9. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

I know it won't happen but an iRacing x point style system would do well, if rammer gets 8x's then booted from race!

Lambo from last year finally coming? or just BOP changes...

10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I'm looking forward to the new Lexus SFA!

J24681357 likes this.
  11. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Speaking about BoP changes... Mercedes' need some love, all of them.

Inferno251, Dave_H_87 and AlexWilmot like this.
  12. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

Z4 could do with a buff

13. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

100%

JEverettL likes this.
  14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

How in the heck are you getting more penalties now? You have to damn near kill someone just to get a 1s penalty right now? Whereas before you’d get 3s for being within 5 feet of another car.

Bumper cars will always happen at the lower levels, I’d much rather not get a penalty for getting smashed off the road than get one. The pushing car rarely gets a penalty under either system, and your gonna get hit either way. So why take a penalty along with it??

15. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Can 't agree more. Please don't let PD roll the penalty system back to what it was before. Getting a 4s penalty for tapping the corner of a car as they spin out of control in front of you then head off track when you get caught out as an innocent bystander is a joke, and we don't need more of that!

Rexracer702, Zorz, OJBrit and 8 others like this.
  16. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Z4 and M3, especially M3. That thing likes to understeer a lot. No matter what I do, I can't make it rotate around corners like the other Gr.3 cars.

ThePotatoKing likes this.
  17. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Example.

Rexracer702, mef and RX8 Racer like this.
  18. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I'd like them to BOP so that whatever manufacturer I want to drive with is the fastest, and whatever you lot decide are all equally slow :gtpflag:

19. The359

The359

I'm hoping this is a fix for the 'Auto Drive' glitch that has been affecting online rooms lately.

Inferno251, EinsTheOne and Pigems like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

What glitch is this? I don’t recall this one.

21. The Cake

The Cake

22. The359

The359

When a race starts, the game doesn't take you out of Auto Drive and the game just keeps driving for you. Only way to get out of it is to quit the race.

Pigems likes this.
  23. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

*insert highly unrealistic expectations for a game with a followup on the horizon*

OJBrit, J24681357, MCL1974 and 11 others like this.
  24. ii_Biggles_ii

ii_Biggles_ii

Well I'm hoping that there is some change to the SR so that all the idiots that have moved up to cause chaos in SR-S after the penalty system changed can now **** off back where they came from and let those of us who want to race cleanly get on with it again.

25. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

That was really weird and I'd never seen it before or since that lobby we were in lol

Pigems likes this.
  26. neddyie118

neddyie118

If there is any new content I would like to see the new BMW M3/M4?

27. George Jakob

George Jakob

You can't because its a GT2 car with less aero stuck in a group with GT3 cars no BOP is going to change that.

AfraidRacer and MidnightRun85 like this.
  28. Jay84

Jay84

If its not Offline saving then i`d advice sell it before its a paperweight.

IXON009 likes this.
  29. barak181

barak181

Hey, I managed to actually get a penalty last night! I got 2 sec for revenge blasting a guy that full punted me into the wall in T1.

Little_Guppy, Mc_Yavel and Kgffy like this.
  30. hardvibes

hardvibes

I never said that. Read the two passages in my reply again. I said I'm getting way more unfair penalties. Not more penalties all together.
    And by unfair I mean me getting a penalty instead of the person who actually pushed me in the corner to gain one position.
    Another important issue, that happened to me at least 3 times last week during the Red Bull Ring Race, is people pushing me all the way out of the track on purpose, making me lose 10 seconds and 10 positions and not getting any.single.penalty.for.it.

Of course before we had more penalties. That's why I wrote I was glad they were there, so people would stop bumping into each other that much, they would keep the distance in some way, more than with a more forgiving penalty system.

SCRABSTER and MCL1974 like this.