Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

PSA regarding livery transfer: As noted in the Behind the Scenes: Liveries video, TAG Heuer preset decals are no longer available in GT7. Check your liveries for any of them as they may cause issues when GT7 transfer begins tomorrow.

View attachment 1114281
This should be covered as part of this:
In the best-case scenario, I'm guessing that the most obvious issue would be that those decals would simply be absent from the GT7 import and require replacement. I wouldn't be too bothered if that was the case, since I've already gone through the same process in GT Sport with decals that I had to take out from my collection or were reported/removed from Discover.

Last edited:
Nations Cup 2021 Duo

Two 'Fantasy Brand' liveries created specially for last year's main Nations Cup seasons. The brief for both was to keep them fairly simple and quick to finish, as I was running short of time to attempt more intricate designs for their first competitive races.

246 Press RC F '16

The RC F is directly inspired by the BTC-T spec Lexus IS200s run by ABG Motorsport (later Total Motorsport) in the 2001 British Touring Car Championship. References were made to both the initial version carried in earlier rounds by Kurt Luby, and the later Evening Standard-sponsored variant shared by Thomas Erdos and Steve Sutcliffe in the second half of the season. '246 Press' was a Fantasy Brand that I had not used before, adding a little more variety to my existing portfolio.

1017691066-LAT-20010507-2001+BTCC+R3R4+Thruxton+15.jpg

Livery Editor screenshots:

Mistral Motorsport X2019

Started off as a more basic 'joke' livery for when I had yet to get to grips with the X2019's downforce and handling characteristics. In the lead-up to the actual 2021 race at Sardegna A, the design evolved to become more serious as my lap times and raw pace began to improve significantly. Stand-out elements include a P8 Fluorescent base, white hazard stripes on the lower fairings and circular ring patterns which would also appear in revised form on the Noël Dasher.

GT Sport Links:
246 Press RC F '16.
Mistral Motorsport X2019.

Last edited:
51893260157_c3ea0f6c8c_b.jpg

51894307638_3cbda05dd9_b.jpg

This is my very last livery to be made in GT Sport.

A Stanley sponsored M6 GT3 fielded by the Turner Motorsport team with a design keeping in tune but slightly different with Turner's normal scheme.

There's some bittersweet feelings on leaving the livery editor from Sport as it was the biggest reason I'm still playing it 4 1/2 years after it came out and on a feature I didn't expect to do much with. But with the improvements on the editor and our designs coming over to GT7, there's a lot brighter future ahead.

And mountain load of work planned for the existing designs plus the new cars. :crazy:

Really really really really hope we can add tyre branding without the tyre glitch.
I hope we can put stickers on the tires period. I have some liveries where I use other tire brands & would like to put those logos on the tires. I'd also have to find a Firestone tire logo without the red line on it.

My final two shared designs on GT Sport, each uploaded in time for the GT7 data transfer on Tuesday 15th:

Spirited Away RC F No-Face

This was the original idea for my entry into LEC #61 (Samurai), more information on which can be found here. Probably the most ambitious Ghibli-themed design I began work on, though the published version you see here features some major differences which in turn helped to inspire the No-Face Supra created last year. Thank you once again to @Cytoria for creating the Japanese film logo decal, which was originally meant to be used on this project.

More detail shots, including those of the light blue rear quarters which were added for greater contrast and as a nod to the title card found at the start of most Ghibli productions:

Link.

Vulcan-Lola GP-218 Concept

Initially started out as another livery for Nations Cup 2021, with the general brief that this represented a secret test car for a proposed Vulcan Formula One entry. In the fictional 'Vulcan Auto' canon, a tie-up with Lola was established in the late-2000s for various road and racing projects such as the 'Vitessa HP-4'. Thus, the legendary race car manufacturer was spared from closure when financial issues hit them in 2012, and they are currently enjoying a period of renaissance through their involvement in Vulcan's WEC and Le Mans triumphs.

My finalised design features several changes and even a different model designation over the initial Nations Cup version. The original was named 'GP-210' and featured a mix of dark matte grey base and less complex green stripes; the theme being a reinterpretation of the 'MB-01' which was being designed for Lola's aborted 2010 (later 2011) F1 entry. When I revisited the 'GP-210' recently, the idea of it representing a 2010-2011 car didn't seem to make much sense as I originally thought given the SF19's low nose and 'halo' device. Thus, the backstory was changed to it being a rumoured test chassis for the 2018 season, 'GP-218', sporting a two-tone green 'concept' livery based on that carried by Vulcan's LMP1 prototypes around this time.

At some point, I decided to make most of the manufacturer/sponsor decals light green as well, further emphasising the 'stealth' or 'blueprint' theme I was trying to go with. This was also the first design to use the 'VPS HYBRID' decals that would find their way onto the updated 'Vitessa HP-4 '20' livery. The stripes on the shark fin and rear wing were implemented in such a way as to mask the shape and size of the SF19 ones, in light of them being substantially different on real-life 2018 Formula One cars. Decal placements on the nose and rear endplates were deliberately made so that it could maintain Sport Mode compatibility.

Link.

Last edited:
So none of my liveries (car, suit, and helmet) are showing up, anymore, under my activity feed nor under my gallery. I'm guessing they either shut that server down or are in the middle of the migration. If I try to view any of them, I get this:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>M47CRH6844D3R4S8</RequestId>
<HostId>
wz/2oBdaLkTgao8/BV94p2PE5tNwW/ORMuEdLQzsROo+B0bMa8Cu3+CKqN3RrANikpC04+W6htQ=
</HostId>
</Error>

Last edited:
So none of my liveries (car, suit, and helmet) are showing up, anymore, under my activity feed nor under my gallery. I'm guessing they either shut that server down or are in the middle of the migration. If I try to view any of them, I get this:
Same here, both online and in the game. I don't think the server is shut down because I can still qualify for the daily races. I hope this is just PD having issues!

Back