Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRageDudez
  • 9,453 comments
  • 1,419,312 views
Inspired by @MatskiMonk BMW Art Cars Project, I did the Civic Type R Art Car made by Jean Graton for the 2016 edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans. This was one of the first project I had in my mind at the beginning of the game, but I couldn't achieved it before. Now I think I have the skills to do it properly, so I restarted it.

The car is wrapped with one image from a Michel Vaillant comics. The image covers all the car, from the roof to the sides. The biggest challenge was to reduce the size of the SVG. I had to separate the pic in 5 zones (roof, left, right, front, rear). I choosed to only do the black part as a SVG, the colours are made under it with in-game shapes. Each of the 5 black SVG started at around 150kB after auto-trace. Then I had to delete, simplify and redraw a lot a nodes to keep the files under the 15kB limit. This was still easier/better than redrawing the pic from scratch, because my first tries lost the "drawing" effect, they were too clean.

This is so much better than the Anime cars I've seen. I can tell you put in the work to make the images line up properly! Kudos!
 
Inspired by @MatskiMonk BMW Art Cars Project, I did the Civic Type R Art Car made by Jean Graton for the 2016 edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans. This was one of the first project I had in my mind at the beginning of the game, but I couldn't achieved it before. Now I think I have the skills to do it properly, so I restarted it.

The car is wrapped with one image from a Michel Vaillant comics. The image covers all the car, from the roof to the sides. The biggest challenge was to reduce the size of the SVG. I had to separate the pic in 5 zones (roof, left, right, front, rear). I choosed to only do the black part as a SVG, the colours are made under it with in-game shapes. Each of the 5 black SVG started at around 150kB after auto-trace. Then I had to delete, simplify and redraw a lot a nodes to keep the files under the 15kB limit. This was still easier/better than redrawing the pic from scratch, because my first tries lost the "drawing" effect, they were too clean.

Link : https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/4693407299839984137








Beauty ! Very cool addition to the art cars ingame !
 
Getting stuck into some S-Tai classic liveries, with a bit of artistic licence...

4981544213524021772_0.jpg
 
A bit weird this, but...:
CERN 'ALICE' GTR (gr4)
Livery based on the ALICE Experiment Silicon Strip Detector HAL cable at the LHC. Obviously.

DYUhUTDUQAAgU5f.jpg:large


DYQ_qYuUQAEd0JJ.jpg:large


DYQ_svWV4AAthZR.jpg

#jm79
 
Last edited:
A bit weird this, but...:
CERN 'ALICE' GTR (gr4)
Livery based on the ALICE Experiment Silicon Strip Detector HAL cable at the LHC. Obviously.

DYQ_qYuUQAEd0JJ.jpg:large


DYQ_svWV4AAthZR.jpg

#jm79
Inspiration is everywhere. Very nice idea !
 
Done !

Here she is, The 2010 Team AMR Aston Martin DBR9 Le Mans 2010. This team took 3rd place in that edition of Le Mans and ended up 4th in the FIA GT1 class that season.

Pretty straight forward design, at some points hard to capture due to the differences between the V12 Vantage and DBR9, overall quite happy with it ! Thanks @inri for the tip on the round corner on the GT1 badge !

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gts...lery/all/livery/3918491/1/5918363304360673289 <-download
4827881963434051084_0.jpg

4693336927116493324_0.jpg
 
With all the likes I've been getting from my #75 VT15r, I'm thinking of doing the #199 next. Basically the same thing, but different colors and slightly different design.
maxresdefault.jpg


And apparently, there is a VT15x, which has different logos. So, may do that one as well.
subaru_100506540_h.jpg
 
My hometown's tow truck If I could add strobe lights, it'd be a win.
I'm in the process of making some track marshall/safety liveries for the Raptor. Fun stuff.

4621357404848686089_23.jpg


Are any leagues using the raptor as a pretend safety/tow vehicle? Would be cool to see one following a damaged player's car, around the circuit, with hazards on.
 
With all the likes I've been getting from my #75 VT15r, I'm thinking of doing the #199 next. Basically the same thing, but different colors and slightly different design.
maxresdefault.jpg


And apparently, there is a VT15x, which has different logos. So, may do that one as well.
subaru_100506540_h.jpg

I imagine you're going to do them on the Gr. B Impreza, but could at leaat to the #81 VT15x on the IOM TT Subaru as well?
 
I could try once I buy it.
 
Here are a couple of mine. I'm still getting accustomed to the editor and most of my liveries are getting updated. I think I need to make the red a bit more brilliant on the BMW. The Genesis was an homage to the king of the mountain. It needs work too, don't like the wheels, and the
Hyundai Motorsport decal isn't doing it for me.


7422021255500431896_23.jpg


4837429018671186945_23.jpg
 
Has anyone that's done a Calsonic livery got the exact color code for the blue? I want to use that but replace the decals with relevant ones to the racing league I'm in.
 
I still haven‘t found motivation for starting one on my own :lol:

Maybe I can make a Leader Kart tho ;)
:p Well you’re not obligated to do anything, just do what you want when you want to, main thing is to enjoy the game right?
 
Back