Gran Turismo Sport - Master Car List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 2,093 comments
I can imagine some reviewers being critical of the fact there aren't really 150 cars and the number has been inflated by counting race versions of road cars as a single figure.

The Group 3 and Group B cars should absolutely be counted. I still am not sure about what I feel regarding the Group 4 cars though. The Tomahawk duplicates are laughable mind.

It is less diverse, but I can't see why the average reviewer will give the game a bad review because of over 150 cars?

An overall bad review? Yeah, fairly unlikely. A low score in a certain aspect/category? Entirely possible. There are VGTs counted multiple times, and roughly half of the race cars are PD-designed vehicles. Despite that, the car count is lower than those other two fall releases: it's 40-odd down on PCARS2 (which only has a handful of near-duplicates in the shape of the "Endurance" models), and 550+ down on FM7.

In fact, T10 just released a car list this week featuring 77 Japanese cars set to be included in FM7, and that's not even counting race cars (or Toyota). That's half the entire GT Sport roster right there. I don't doubt these sorts of things will be very fresh in reviewers' minds.

An overall bad review? Yeah, fairly unlikely. A low score in a certain aspect/category? Entirely possible. There are VGTs counted multiple times, and roughly half of the race cars are PD-designed vehicles. Despite that, the car count is lower than those other two fall releases: it's 40-odd down on PCARS2 (which only has a handful of near-duplicates in the shape of the "Endurance" models), and 550+ down on FM7.

In fact, T10 just released a car list this week featuring 77 Japanese cars set to be included in FM7, and that's not even counting race cars (or Toyota). That's half the entire GT Sport roster right there. I don't doubt these sorts of things will be very fresh in reviewers' minds.

F7 in my opinion has the greatest car list in a racing game of all time. But looking at other racers, GTSport's car list isn't bad at all.

F7 in my opinion has the greatest car list in a racing game of all time. But looking at other racers, GTSport's car list isn't bad at all.

While I agree GT Sport has a respectable car list, the other racing games within its release window offer more in terms of cars and content in general. That's going to be a big deal when someone can only buy one racing game before the holiday season.

You're entitled to your opinions, of course. But which car list is worse? Outside of the single-discipline games (F1, WRC), I can't think of many. NFS yeah, but it's in a whole different realm of the genre (and I think we'd both agree the car list isn't the worst aspect of that game :lol: ). Driveclub? It's a smaller total, but I'd argue even that has more genuine diversity, even if it is skewed fairly heavily towards boutique supercars.

No way this are all the cars they modeled considering more than 50% of cars share large portion of assets.

Even PD can't be that slow right ? :confused:

I mean we're talking 150 "dupey" cars being done by all their modelers in 4 years.

A new low if that's all they managed.

You're entitled to your opinions, of course. But which car list is worse? Outside of the single-discipline games (F1, WRC), I can't think of many. NFS yeah, but it's in a whole different realm of the genre (and I think we'd both agree the car list isn't the worst aspect of that game :lol: ). Driveclub? It's a smaller total, but I'd argue even that has more genuine diversity, even if it is skewed fairly heavily towards boutique supercars.

It's a subjective manner, but for me it has more cars that appeal to me than The crew, NFS, Driveclub and AC. Granted a lot of these aren't simulation (hence the road car bias).

It certainly has a worse car list than PCARS 2 and a much worse one that FM7. Does it bother me now? No. But if they take their time with the DLC then I'd be grabbing my pitchfork.

Guys, just to make it easy, we have 20 vision cars and 61 models excluding duplicates and fantasy created versions.

The 135 figure we have so far is bloated in every conceivable way. Even if you include the Gr3 and Gr4 fantasy versions, it´s less than a 100.

It´s a bad joke that they are still counting pace cars as different versions, along with a few other gran turismo-isms they´ve always done it to increase the count.

Last edited:
Guys, just to make it easy, we have 20 vision cars and 61 models excluding duplicates and fantasy created versions.

The 135 figure we have so far in bloated in every conceivable way. Even if you include the Gr3 and Gr4 fantasy versions, it´s less than a 100.

It´s a bad joke that they are still counting pace cars as different versions, along with a few other gran turismo-isms they´ve always done it to increase the count.
Just shows how poorly managed this franchise is now...everything about GT now is one big question mark and puzzling decisions....

It is less diverse, but I can't see why the average reviewer will give the game a bad review because of over 150 cars?
This is just one of many reasons it will get poor reviews...where this is a thread about the poor car list, this is just one of the factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a subjective manner, but for me it has more cars that appeal to me than The crew, NFS, Driveclub and AC. Granted a lot of these aren't simulation (hence the road car bias).

How the car list appeals to you is a subjective matter. The diversity and amount of number-padding isn't.

Strictly speaking, The Crew has a fair amount of race cars. Not as many as GT Sport, and they're all designed by the developer as well... but that shouldn't be an issue if you're okay with PD-designed ones. Actually, if we counted all the build variations in The Crew, I imagine we'd end up well into the triple digits. Surely we can't count a Monster Truck-spec Fiat 500 as the same as the road car! :lol:

I'm not enamoured by AC's car list, but it's a pretty decent one. It has more diversity (Group C cars, some old DTM, open-wheelers, vintage and modern F1 cars), and has more Porsches available than any other game out right now (at least until the beginning of October). AC goes pretty dupe-heavy in the Lotus list, but outside of that, I think it's a pretty good one.

Everything in GT Sport is either a road car, a Vision GT, or fit into one of the four PD-designed categories. Oh, and the BMW i3 — it's odd that's an X-class car, right? I'm excited to toss it around the 'Ring, though. :D

It certainly has a worse car list than PCARS 2 and a much worse one that FM7. Does it bother me now? No. But if they take their time with the DLC then I'd be grabbing my pitchfork.

See, that raises a whole other question. If the team has managed 150 cars in (at least) four years of development, how long will it take to hit that 500 goal? The only way I can see that happening is bringing back all the GT6 Premiums untouched. But if that's the approach, one would have to wonder why it wasn't already done.

Just shows how poorly managed this franchise is now...everything about GT now is one big question mark and puzzling decisions....

I wouldn't say poorly managed: the move to GT Sport's class-structured, less-diverse car list was undoubtedly a very thought-out decision. As ever with these sorts of things, you can't please everyone. Just look around the forums: some folks welcome the change, while others hope for a more traditional GT approach. Had the latter been taken, I'm sure we'd be seeing folks asking for a more class-oriented structure. Them's the breaks.

Also, don't double-post: that's what the Edit and +Quote buttons are for.

I thought GT5/6 premiums were designed with Ps4 in mind and would be used for 10 years?? They were good enough, everything that comes out of his mouth is hard to believe.

With how big GT has sold in the past...there is no excuse for PD to be falling behind from a resource standpoint...especially from a first party studio. So either someone at Sony or Kaz is terribly managaing the IT talent, and not expanding where it is needed.

To make things easier to discuss, i did a quick count here, please help me correct the mistakes, but based on this own cars list, here´s the breakdown:

Vision GT - 22
Fantasy versions - 22
Real cars - 45

Vision:

Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
BMW Vision Gran Turismo
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo
Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan Concept 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
Subaru Viziv GT Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.B Rally Car
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo Gr. 1
Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Gr. 1

Fantasy:

Ford Focus Gr. B Rally Car
Ford Mustang GT Gr. B Rally Car
Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition Gr.B Rally Car
Peugeot RCZ Grp.B Rally Car
Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
Alfa Romeo 4c Gr. 3
Ford Mustang GT Gr. 3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Gr. 3
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition Gr.3
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Lexus RC-F Gr.4
Mazda Roadster S (ND) Gr.4
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition Gr.4
Reanult Sport Megane R.S. Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.4
Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4

Real Cars:

Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest)
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
Toyota TS030 Hybrid
Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
BMW M6 GT3 '16
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Gr.3
Dodge SRT Viper GT3-R
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
McLaren 650S GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
Mazda Roadster S (ND)
Toyota SF-R
Alfa Romeo 4c Launch Edition
Peugeot 208 GTi
Toyota GT-86
Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
Audi TTS Coupe
Ford Focus ST
Lotus Evora
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition
Subaru WRX STI Type S
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
BMW M4 Coupe
Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC '13
Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray
Lexus RC-F '14
Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT S
Honda NSX '17
Nissan GTR 2017
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
McLaren 650S
Aston Martin One-77
Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 T Sport
Ferrari LaFerrari
Lamborghini Veneno
Nissan GTR 2012
Renault Sport Megane R.S.

--

So there are more things to be added, but following this formula we can separate what´s real, what´s fantasy and what´s a concept car. This is a work in progress based on post 2 of this thread, so i´m pretty sure there are more known cars to be added in each category.

So there are more things to be added, but following this formula we can separate what´s real, what´s fantasy and what´s a concept car. This is a work in progress based on post 2 of this thread, so i´m pretty sure there are more known cars to be added in each category.

I haven't been keeping #2 updated, only the OP. That'll be the most accurate list right now. 👍

@SlipZtrEm That 500 car DLC plan is still head scratching to me. I'll honestly be happy with a handful of car a month (7-10).

I'd wager you'll be pretty unhappy then. Not even Forza manages 10/month these days. Unless they're recycled GT6 cars, I can't see PD releasing DLC packs of more than five cars per month. Probably every two months, realistically.

@fasj6418

Your Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Gr.3 is a fantasy car.

@SlipZtrEm That 500 car DLC plan is still head scratching to me. I'll honestly be happy with a handful of car a month (7-10).

I will be staggered if they make that number per month!

The 135 figure we have so far is bloated in every conceivable way. Even if you include the Gr3 and Gr4 fantasy versions, it´s less than a 100.

It's an online esport title. They HAVE to do that otherwise there isn't the variety within each class you can race in.

Kaz:

“In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won’t be standard cars.”

PD says they can reach 500+ cars in GTS.
The game is coming out with ~180.

If we consider that the PS4 will end its life cycle in by 2020 (which is reasonable IMO) and that PD won't release another GT game in this generation, that means they will have roughly 30 - 36 months to reach the 500+ number. That means 10 new cars each month.

And if each car model takes ~6 months to make according to PD, that means that at any given moment (including now), PD needs 6 teams of 10 full time (8h) employees, each team developing 10 new cars to be released at the same time. These teams need to be working already and would only stop by the end of 2019.

If these teams are outsourced, it will get expensive as hell. And that might be the end of free DLC. Who knows.

If we get 5 cars a month, we will only get to 500+ in 2022/23. lol By the same token, to reach 500+ by the end of 2018, they'd need to release over 22 cars per month, starting in November this year.

Even if we take the 400 number, that would mean over 6 cars per month until mid 2020.
___

And we're not even talking about other content, like tracks.

Last edited:
PD says they will reach 500+ cars in GTS.
The game is coming out with ~180.

If we consider that the PS4 will end its life cycle in by 2020 (which is reasonable IMO) and that PD won't release another GT game in this generation, that means they will have roughly 30 - 36 months to reach the 500+ number. That means 10 new cars each month.

And if each car model takes ~6 months to make according to PD, that means that at any given moment (including now), PD needs 6 teams of 10 full time (8h) employees, each team developing 10 new cars to be released at the same time. These teams need to be working already and would only stop by the end of 2019.

If these teams are outsourced, it will get expensive as hell. And that might be the end of free DLC. Who knows.

If we get 5 cars a month, we will only get to 500+ in 2022/23. lol

___

And we're not even talking about other content, like tracks.

So far everything has been pretty vague and I have no clue what to expect. I'll stick to the info on the website and not expecting much more for the launch. But it can't be that PD has let the cat out of the hat 3 months in advance, or can it?

One lesson I learned from GT is to take a lot of stuff not to serious and keep expectations in check like with no other game :lol:

@fasj6418

Your Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Gr.3 is a fantasy car.

Is it? It´s the one i was most unsure about it, because despite the name, it appears to be the C7.R GTE version that´s in most games. I didn´t had access to the beta, so i don´t know if they used fantasy numbers for it HP, weight...

So far everything has been pretty vague and I have no clue what to expect. I'll stick to the info on the website and not expecting much more for the launch. But it can't be that PD has let the cat out of the hat 3 months in advance, or can it?

One lesson I learned from GT is to take a lot of stuff not to serious and keep expectations in check like with no other game :lol:

Of course. :)

But if PD fails with content so important as cars (and they're getting away with having 2,3 or 4 versions of the same car already in GTS), in 3 years we might see other games with thousands of cars and hundreds of tracks. ^^

I can imagine some reviewers being critical of the fact there aren't really 150 cars and the number has been inflated by counting race versions of road cars as a single figure.

Lmao, apparently race cars from production vehicles should no longer be counted. Good joke.

Is it? It´s the one i was most unsure about it, because despite the name, it appears to be the C7.R GTE version that´s in most games. I didn´t had access to the beta, so i don´t know if they used fantasy numbers for it HP, weight...
The Gr.3 bit gives it away. I know what it looks like but that doesn't make it a GT3 licenced car therefore fantasy.

Lmao, apparently race cars from production vehicles should no longer be counted. Good joke.

At what point did I say race cars should not be counted? The point I was making is that multiple variations of a particular model are commonplace in GT Sport which makes the car list appear less varied.

Back