Gran Turismo Sport - Master Track List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 646 comments
The best way to increase replay value and ensure people hold on to the game longer, is to have strong post release support/content.

So far, we've heard nothing as far as DLC plans or a season pass. But if PD plans to have fewer copies in the used games section at your local game store after a few months time, they had better release content to make the game feel fresh again.

Really hoping for (lightly expecting, even) a boat load of more tracks to show up during the games lifespan. The Track Path Editor, Course Creator, & even a director mode would increase the games replay value tenfold imo.

I'm honestly less bothered by vehicle DLC than track DLC. I'd trade 5-10 vehicles for one track.

Last edited:
Why is everyone acting like this is a confirmation of the full track list?

This isn't even the final build, and to my understanding, the game clearly hasn't gone gold yet.

I'll agree, and to me, a sizeable track list is far more important for entertainment purposes than a sizable car list. But let's wait a bit. I have a feeling we haven't seen everything on offer just yet...

It is written on the website

From high speed ovals to urban expressway, 17 locations are provided with 28 different layouts.

I see no reason to think that will change in the next two months.

I feel deeply dissappointed that many tracks were left out of GTSport, 20-ish tracks won't cut it for me when I had a lot to choose from in GT5&6, I don't understand why PD left some really good tracks, they could be ported to the PS4 and still look awesome (RBR, Le Mans, Silverstone, Midfield, etc.)

Track number size is by far the weakest point of this game

I think at least 4/5 tracks (along with a car package) will release them within 2 months of the launch, remember that E3 was talking about 19 tracks and 177+ cars, but now we only have 17 tracks and 150+ cars.
For now their priority seems to be to release a solid and finished game and then have the whole team to work on content.
In a game the primary and essential thing is to have / to create a solid base, if that is missing, then there is too much trouble behind the game between bug fixes, additions, balances, etc etc.
In short they want to avoid a GT5 2.0
IIRC correctly 7 is the total track DLC for 2010-2017. Somehow that makes 4-5 in 2 months seem a tad unrealistic.

When it was announced back in 2015, i thought that it's going to be focused on Real Life Cars and Circuits even more. Maybe they would include different types of racing series along with new cars and some new real life circuits.

I never thought the majority of the circuits are probably some similar looking fictional race tracks, i mean..where did all the past GT5 and GT6 tracks went? Redbull Ring? Ascari? Silverstone? Fuji Speedway? Daytona? Tsukuba? Indianapolis? Laguna Seca? Monza? Le Mans? Spa? Twin Ring Motegi? Côte d'Azur? Top Gear Test Track?

Then there's the all GT classic tracks like High Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Mid-Field, Special Stage Route 5 and the list goes on, why did they got rid of them all?
------
I don't mind the car lists being "too low" because they seems to have some nice cars included. I don't mind that their main focus is on eSports especially since the majority of GT5 and GT6 forgot about the A-Spec racing and went to simply mess around in the online mode. I don't mind that the physics isn't on par with Project Cars, Forza and Assetto Corsa since i enjoyed the GT Sport physics the most actually.

But the Track list isn't that interesting IMO, quite a let down. I mean i loved the DragonTrail and i'm happy that they are going to add Horsethief Mile layout and Interlagos but that's about it.

Sorry if i went offtopic.

When comparing the timelines of Forza and GT, this feels like GT's Forza Motorsport 5. Big drop in cars and tracks leaving people a little shocked.
More than just a little..

Its disappointing that a game exclusive to PS4 falls way behind other racing games that are on both consoles. It really feels that GT Sport is going to be a shadow of it's former self...i'm actually quite gutted right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me its even more disappointing than the car list, a very small roster of tracks and for my personal preference far to many fantasy tracks.

The number of ovals, given the lack of dedicated oval racing cars, and poor faux rally locations (neither stage not rally cross and still racing in a hidden tunnel) just seems to indicate no real direction to me.

It's good that the focus is so heavy on fictional tracks because let's face it, the real world location list just gets obliterated by about EVERY other racing game out there. One reason for such a heavy fictional track list could be that they have the freedom to do with them what they want, especially for VR when some real world tracks would be troublesome, they can tailor their own tracks to make them work in VR.

PD is master in those fictional tracks though, I enjoyed those from GT6 a LOT back in the days.

I will be getting PCARS2 and pass on GT:Sport but with a decent bunch of fictional tracks it might be a game I pick up later on sales weeks.

To me its even more disappointing than the car list, a very small roster of tracks and for my personal preference far to many fantasy tracks.

The number of ovals, given the lack of dedicated oval racing cars, and poor faux rally locations (neither stage not rally cross and still racing in a hidden tunnel) just seems to indicate no real direction to me.

I was going to comment on this, i don´t get the idea of building two weird fantasy oval tracks in a game which doesn´t have cars or series that use oval tracks.

And worse, they had two premier oval tracks licensed in Indy and Daytona, but just dropped them for unknown reasons. It just reinforces the idea that they patched together some bland created tracks to have a bare minimum of content ready.

I´m not even going to comment on the rally tracks because GT has never understood rallying, and they end up offering a hybrid of Rallycross with Rally without doing any of those properly.

I´m all for good fantasy tracks like Autumn Ring and Grand Speed Valley, but not to the detriment of real tracks and not when they are bland and generic.

It´s by far the worst track list in a proper GT game. GT1 didn´t had any real tracks, but the original ones were far better. Even the bland track (High Speed Ring) was better than these new "original" tracks.

@fasj6418 I agree with everything you said except the last sentence. Dragon Trail is 10x better than High Speed Ring imo. To me, this one is the only fictional track that matches the classics / originals Grand Valley, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. Still, not enough ofc.

@fasj6418 I agree with everything you said except the last sentence. Dragon Trail is 10x better than High Speed Ring imo. To me, this one is the only fictional track that matches the classics / originals Grand Valley, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. Still, not enough ofc.

It´s a good point. I´ve seen some videos and i have to agree that Dragon Trail is an exception. I missed that when i was thinking on the ovals and the BB somethings they have.

It's good that the focus is so heavy on fictional tracks because let's face it, the real world location list just gets obliterated by about EVERY other racing game out there. One reason for such a heavy fictional track list could be that they have the freedom to do with them what they want, especially for VR when some real world tracks would be troublesome, they can tailor their own tracks to make them work in VR.

PD is master in those fictional tracks though, I enjoyed those from GT6 a LOT back in the days.

I will be getting PCARS2 and pass on GT:Sport but with a decent bunch of fictional tracks it might be a game I pick up later on sales weeks.
Given that VR is only going to be usable in one vs. one races, your argument for the plethora of fantasy tracks kind of falls apart. Even if it were true, it would split the VR portion of the game into two sides, multiple cars on fantasy tracks and one vs. one on real tracks. I hardly think they'd release the game with that type of caveat.

It's just one of many baffling decisions that have been made. An officially licensed FIA game needs FIA sanctioned tracks and race series. I understand that some people like fantasy tracks and they are fully entitled to that. I'm like you however, fantasy tracks do nothing for me. There is no heritage, no prestige, no stories to tell from races past. Take Spa and Eau Rouge for example. The question has always been 'Can you take it flat?' in any real race I have seen there. And that translates into a game that has the track which adds to the experience of driving it yourself. That's just not possible with a fantasy track and hence, for me, there is no passion, no feeling that I can associate with them. They leave me pretty cold.

GT:Sport indeed does feel like a collection of loose ends that don't really make much sense together :

- FIA license but indeed not many tracks used by FIA events, heck not even 1 real world FIA championship like WEC etc.
- promoted as an eSports focused game but then photo mode is big as well. ???
- Many Vision GT cars but then they are limited in performance because of the racing classes. Is that the vision of the future for these manufacturers? I think not.
- History lessons for about every manufacturer in the game but then there are no classic cars at all to drive.
- A game focussed on eSports but then you also need to collect credits to unlock cars?

The game and all its features really don't make any sense to me, there is no cohesion between all the gameplay elements. It's one contradiction after another. It's as if they wanted to make a hardcore eSports game (FIA license, Sport focus) but then as a bandaid added some stuff to please singleplayer gamers as well (scapes, manufacturer history lesson).

For me it all feels like a prologue of more to come. In all honestly GT:Sport can't pass by quick enough and I hope as soon as the title is out PD will use the engine and build GT7 from that. Release date mid 2019 (and still on PS4 platform).

GT:Sport indeed does feel like a collection of loose ends that don't really make much sense together :

- FIA license but indeed not many tracks used by FIA events, heck not even 1 real world FIA championship like WEC etc.
- promoted as an eSports focused game but then photo mode is big as well. ???
- Many Vision GT cars but then they are limited in performance because of the racing classes. Is that the vision of the future for these manufacturers? I think not.
- History lessons for about every manufacturer in the game but then there are no classic cars at all to drive.
- A game focussed on eSports but then you also need to collect credits to unlock cars?

The game and all its features really don't make any sense to me, there is no cohesion between all the gameplay elements. It's one contradiction after another. It's as if they wanted to make a hardcore eSports game (FIA license, Sport focus) but then as a bandaid added some stuff to please singleplayer gamers as well (scapes, manufacturer history lesson).

For me it all feels like a prologue of more to come. In all honestly GT:Sport can't pass by quick enough and I hope as soon as the title is out PD will use the engine and build GT7 from that. Release date mid 2019 (and still on PS4 platform).

There are more chances for global peace than a GT7 coming mid 2019 imo.

upload_2017-8-1_15-25-52.png

Suzuka east course

There are more chances for global peace than a GT7 coming mid 2019 imo.

I know what you mean but still, 2 years from now when the engine is already done? All they have to do is add classic cars, a LOT more tracks and a proper singleplayer compaign mode (what they call campaign in GT:S is used as extra fluff in games like Dirt 4 and Forza 6 so it's a rather poor name choice).

http://meristation.as.com/el-rugir-de-gran-turismo-sport/avance-juego/2216072

"Esta entrega incluye un nuevo trazado en la Tokyo Honda Highway nunca antes visto el cual tuvimos ocasión de recorrer en la vida real, en autobús eso sí, pero es increíble la fidelidad lograda incluso en el sonido, ya que en algunos tramos tiene unas bandas sonoras muy características que están plasmadas en el juego a la perfección, con un golpe sordo y profundo cuando pasamos por encima de ellas"

This article talks about a never seen before , real life track called Tokyo Honda Highway.

@morenoprieto gets the credit for finding this article.

http://meristation.as.com/el-rugir-de-gran-turismo-sport/avance-juego/2216072

"Esta entrega incluye un nuevo trazado en la Tokyo Honda Highway nunca antes visto el cual tuvimos ocasión de recorrer en la vida real, en autobús eso sí, pero es increíble la fidelidad lograda incluso en el sonido, ya que en algunos tramos tiene unas bandas sonoras muy características que están plasmadas en el juego a la perfección, con un golpe sordo y profundo cuando pasamos por encima de ellas"

This article talks about a never seen before , real life track called Tokyo Honda Highway.

@morenoprieto gets the credit for finding this article.

They probably mean the regular Tokyo track, which is based on a real road.

There's no track named Tokyo Honda Highway @JoaoSilva :)

But now that I read the name Honda associated with a circuit, I think about Twin Ring Montegi... I'll miss it.

Back