Gran Turismo Sport - Master Track List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 646 comments
That's the whole point , it can be a new one , it was never seen before , according to the article.

But i don't know the legitimacy of the article or even if they mean what it appears they mean.
Well PD usually bases their Japanese city circuits off real life roads. It was probably the new layout which more than likely exists in real life.

Is there any chance GT will add tracks with updates? If so, hopefully they would be standard updates and not as additional paid content (even though I did buy Spa in GT5). Maybe the original circuits will be fantastic--after all Route 11 is one of my favorite GT courses--but I'm not encouraged by that list. I had been considering getting a PS4 when GT Sport came out, but I think I'll hold off and see what Polyphony does with the game.

Is there any chance GT will add tracks with updates? If so, hopefully they would be standard updates and not as additional paid content (even though I did buy Spa in GT5). Maybe the original circuits will be fantastic--after all Route 11 is one of my favorite GT courses--but I'm not encouraged by that list. I had been considering getting a PS4 when GT Sport came out, but I think I'll hold off and see what Polyphony does with the game.

I think it is safe to say that PD will add Tracks and Cars with update or DLC, like GT5 and GT6. I hope it will be mainly focus on real one though.

I think it is safe to say that PD will add Tracks and Cars with update or DLC, like GT5 and GT6. I hope it will be mainly focus on real one though.

Yeah, but I hope they won't go with the pay for every additional feature approach. I'd like more real tracks as well, especially Spa and Sarthe. anyway, I'm trying not to be too pessimistic before seeing the game, but they're not making it easy.

I have to say that at the moment I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy a PS4 to play this, and the track list (backed up by the patchy car list) is the primary reason. I never really cared about Gran Turismo's dirt tracks (although I did enjoy the course generator rallies in GT5) and I can't help but feel the game would ultimately be stronger if the time put into this games dirt courses were instead put into tracks like Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, or Trial Mountain instead. More than anything I'd love to see the return of some old GT2 favourites like Grindelwald, Red Rock Valley, or Rome Night.

That being said, I have no problem with the new tracks I've seen so far in GT Sport, and all of the one's I've seen look superior to most of the new fantasy tracks that appeared in GT5 and GT6. Overly simple tracks aren't a problem for me either, there's often more challenge and sometimes more enjoyment to be had in mastering a short simple track than merely trying to get decent at a longer complex track.

In this regard, the complaints I see about Kyoto Driving Park or the bizarrely named BB Raceway bother me; as I can see a lot of less talented, less experienced, or more busy players getting a lot of satisfaction out of them, while the likes of the Nordschleife or Suzuka only serve to frustrate them.

TL;DR: If I get the chance to play it, I'd be keen to sample the tracks avaliable, but nothing on the track list has me rushing out to buy a PS4. Needs more Tahiti Road.

Forza 6 released with only 4 tracks with day or rain, 2 tracks with day or night, 4 tracks with day rain or night, so a total of only 9 tracks with at most only 2 or 3 variations, and this is from a team that massively outsources their asset develpment.

This isn't a particularly strong or meaningful argument for GTS or PD.

1) Forza Motorsport 6 didn't have dynamic day/night or weather, but rather it was "baked" into the environment, so it was only an option where they actually rendered it. They've been anal about not sacrificing performance for the sake of cramming something extra in. Games like Project CARS did some neat stuff but at the expense of performance. Turn 10 insists on 60 FPS locked, and won't settle for any dips, not even accepting a drop of just a few frames. CARS, on the other hand, was all over, and I've seen it look like a flip book on several occasions.

FM6 was their 2015 game. They now have FM7 coming this fall. That's a better, more fair comparison for GTS.

2) As for outsourcing, that's not really relevant. They pay for what's produced for the game, whether it's developed in-house at the expense of paying their own team for that labor, or if they pay another team for the same labor. They use whatever resources it takes to get the job done. If PD need more bodies, they can employ them, whether hiring them in-house or hiring a third-party.

One reason for such a heavy fictional track list could be that they have the freedom to do with them what they want, especially for VR when some real world tracks would be troublesome, they can tailor their own tracks to make them work in VR.

This doesn't really explin why even their fictional track list is lacking. Missing GT Legendary courses, such as Deep Forest, Trial Mt., Apricot Hill, Grand Valley, and the newly re-added Midfield Raceway.

Secondly, VR functionality has far less to do with the track. They don't have to re-invent the wheel each time. It's functionality is tied to the vehicle and physics system (camera positioning and G forces). The one major factor the tracks would possibly add, is necessity of system resources. But looking at what's been done so far on the courses invigorating VR, I find that doubtful, as the new courses have more detail and bigger scales than many of the classics.

This isn't a particularly strong or meaningful argument for GTS or PD.

1) Forza Motorsport 6 didn't have dynamic day/night or weather, but rather it was "baked" into the environment, so it was only an option where they actually rendered it. They've been anal about not sacrificing performance for the sake of cramming something extra in. Games like Project CARS did some neat stuff but at the expense of performance. Turn 10 insists on 60 FPS locked, and won't settle for any dips, not even accepting a drop of just a few frames. CARS, on the other hand, was all over, and I've seen it look like a flip book on several occasions.

FM6 was their 2015 game. They now have FM7 coming this fall. That's a better, more fair comparison for GTS.

2) As for outsourcing, that's not really relevant. They pay for what's produced for the game, whether it's developed in-house at the expense of paying their own team for that labor, or if they pay another team for the same labor. They use whatever resources it takes to get the job done. If PD need more bodies, they can employ them, whether hiring them in-house or hiring a third-party.

1. This isn't really a great excuse for the severely limited track condition variations on the very few tracks that actually have it in Forza 6 and how that's more excusable than PD's offering. GTS also neither has dynamic time nor dynamic weather for performance and fidelity reasons. Just put into perspective on why the wide variety of course conditions in GTS most likely had an impact on their current track count. Also take a look at GT5's more generous track list and the majority of them didn't even have time change, most had static lighting with baked data too.

2. Yes, outsourcing is relevant in this discussion, especially if you want to excuse the small number of tracks with varied course conditions for a studio that massively outsources their assets but yet fail to give props to a studio that has now created in-house the same consistent conditions variety for all of their track offerings. Moreover, hiring a bunch of new art and modeling employees for the long run will be much more expensive than a one time payment to a studio located in a third world country that's dedicated to only creating game assets. I'm not even saying this like its a bad thing, PD would be better off if they relied on some outsourcing help. Simply put, outsourcing companies can create more content in the same amount of time because that's where all of their manpower is focused on, and they can do it for cheaper. Polyphony's arrogance and pride in creating everything themselves is the only reason why they aren't outsourcing.

Last edited:
Oh, really? Only saw it today. The only BB I knew was Blue Bay. :)
Yeah, it was revealed on the Circuit Experience screen with all the layout pictures. It sorta looks like a baby High Speed Ring.

Blue Moon Bay would be the track you're thinking of.

This doesn't really explin why even their fictional track list is lacking. Missing GT Legendary courses, such as Deep Forest, Trial Mt., Apricot Hill, Grand Valley, and the newly re-added Midfield Raceway.
I'm only guessing of course but it appears as if they are making a clear break from all previous versions of the game. You may see classic tracks down the road a bit but the entire game appears to have cast almost all attachment to prior games short of some menu sounds and music and maybe a few other, inconsequential things.

I'm only guessing of course but it appears as if they are making a clear break from all previous versions of the game. You may see classic tracks down the road a bit but the entire game appears to have cast almost all attachment to prior games short of some menu sounds and music and maybe a few other, inconsequential things.

This. I'm guessing they want to establish a new generation of iconic fantasy tracks. I think a couple show promise.

Could the answer to everyone's disappointment be in the title itself?

Since it's 'Gran Turismo Sport' & not the typical GT 5 or 6 (which would be a wholesome package of world circuits, cars etc.), wonder if PD have just kept limited tracks with all the fast racing cars only & no the typical hatchbacks, saloons etc. as this is a Sport version of the game.

Even tough in the prior GT versions, racing was the main ingredient but it feels as if in Sport, they just want to focus on the best racing cars on tracks which could induce the best racing possible.

Hi everybody! I had a question about the Tokyo Expressway tracks layout , is Tokyo inspired? Or is this a real road? I have googleized, for example, the Sompo Building (assuming it is the one with the concaved shape), I did not find any road that runs near it ,on all four sides, similar to what is in GTSport.:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I had a question about the Tokyo Expressway tracks layout , is Tokyo inspired? Or is this a real road? I have googleized, for example, the Sompo Building (assuming it is the one with the concaved shape), I did not find any road that runs near it ,on all four sides, similar to what is in GTSport.:cheers:

It is inspired by the atmosphere of the Inner Circular Route C1 route of the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway toll road in central Tokyo, but, unlike Tokyo Route 246, it does not follow a real route.

It is inspired by the atmosphere of the Inner Circular Route C1 route of the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway toll road in central Tokyo, but, unlike Tokyo Route 246, it does not follow a real route.

Tokyo Rute 246, which runs through existing roads , traffic lights, newsstand in the exact point, buildings, had a nice touch, a little bit disappointed by the fact that this new track is a semi-fantasy track (allow me the term) anyway gorgeous layouts in both variants.👍

Back