Gran Turismo Sport New Cars Leaked: Porsche 930 Turbo, Civic Type R, and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hope to see some track trace as well...

The only time we’ve seen a track teaser is when there was a completely new original course location being added (St. Croix) and when there were no cars being added (Goodwood). New content has also been displayed at live events near when it’s set to launch (so far everything but the rain and X2019 has come within the month it was shown), but that’s just convenience. It’s unlikely this pattern will change.

I think if we got only 4 cars for this update, it means that they keep most of the content for the next GT7 and they are more focused on that than this GTSport..
PD will still keep on releasing monthly updates for GT Sport probably until somewhere next year since the next gen PS5 isn't even out yet.

having a real circuit 1 time out of 2 can believe in silverstone with the rumors last month that was very optimistic or can be ascari hope alive

having a real circuit 1 time out of 2 can believe in silverstone with the rumors last month that was very optimistic or can be ascari hope alive

The rumours of Silverstone last time were pure guesses. There was absolutely no substance to them.

I don’t think the MX-5 TC will be any use in Gr. 4 you’d have to buff the power and nerf the weight so much it would just make it undriveable. Probably the first time I’ve ever wanted a car to be in Gr. X

A separate group for the "GT5/6 era Touring Cars" might be a great idea - Gr.TC, for example.

I won't be mad if the MX-5 TC would be in Gr.X though.

Mazda TC will most likely be in GrX.

Remember: Ferrari P4, Ford Mark IV, and XJ13, even when they can race each other, they classified as GrX.

Same with Super Formula Cars.

I'd guess with the Gordini being a Rally car, it is Gr.X. The MX-5 being a "TC", could place it in that Group. The Mini/MINI also has accessories just like a Rally car(roll cage, skid plates), but it's Nclass.

My theory for other possible GT5/GT6 fictional race cars, and what car class they could be in:

Gr. 4 class
Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car '05
Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car '02
Subaru Impreza Touring Car

Gr. B class:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Rally Car
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Rally Car '05

Gr. X class
Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97
Honda CR-Z Touring Car
Lexus IS F Touring Car '07
Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Touring Car
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Touring Car
Toyota Prius Touring Car
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car '00
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01

My theory for other possible GT5/GT6 fictional race cars, and what car class they could be in:

Gr. 4 class
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Gr. B class:

Gr. X class
Honda CR-Z Touring Car
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Toyota Prius Touring Car

Why not put them all into a new class called Gr. TC instead of dumping most of them to Gr.X?

The 930 is the only thing stopping this from being aggressively mediocre IMO

I dunno. Can agree with the S800, as that'll appeal only to the smallest of niches (as a wide scale), but in the grand scheme of things, a 930 isn't really that functional to the game either. It's an outdated (and most likely hard to drive) road car. The EK is a crowd favourite, even putting my very obvious bias aside, and the MX-5 is a great candidate for one-make racing.

We don't know if this is the full list either, but I think these picks beat a 488 GT3 thing which is just cared about because it's new, or a supercar that'll be forgotten about next year. Better these than Trundras!

People seemed to really love the Sports 800 and the Honda S800 is more of that so it'll find its chops. People also really love the 930 although personally its not my favorite 911 because the BTR and CTR were way better anyways.

I feel like the 964 and 993 dont get a lot of love anywhere in any game except for that EA Porsche Unleashed 20 yrs ago.

And yet the 964/993 are the most loved of that generation.

I feel like the 964 and 993 dont get a lot of love anywhere in any game except for that EA Porsche Unleashed 20 yrs ago.

Forza has those models.

993 was in the first reveal trailers of the Nfs the run and included in both Nfs 2015 and payback. Also if i remeber correctly 964 and 993 are included in Real racing 3.

Gr. 4 class
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Gr. B class:

Gr. X class
Honda CR-Z Touring Car
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Toyota Prius Touring Car

C6 LMs are Gr.3 material, there was a thread that discussed viability of old RM/TC cars awhile back.

I'm going to say I disagree with the idea of the GT5 & 6 TCs being placed into a Gr.TC class. The cars are way too different from each other in terms of performance for it to make sense. Seriously, a Suzuki Cappuccino TC should not be in the same class as a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Race Car.

With that said, I think they're most likely going to be placed into the existing classes since PD for some reason still shows no desire to just add new classes. With that said, I'm making my own list of where cars will end up. I'm of course not including the Lotuses since PD still doesn't have a Lotus license for this game (at the moment).

Group 4:
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car - This and the Dodge Challenger could be B.O.P.'d for this class or be placed into Gr.X like the other vintage race cars in GTSport right now.
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
1997 Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
2011 Honda CR-Z Touring Car
2005 Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car
2007 Lexus IS F Touring Car
2002 Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car
2002 Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
2010 Subaru Impreza Touring Car
2010 TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car
2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk.IV Touring Car

Group 3:
1991 Acura NSX LM Race Car
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06, I recall this being in the GT3 event in Gran Turismo 6, hence why I'm placing it here.
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09, similar case to the Z06 above. Either that or PD maybe put it into Gr.1. With upgrades in GT5, I recall being able to challenge prototypes with it.
Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car, though I'm not sure how likely this will be placed there when there's a GT-R GT3 already in Gr.3.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car, it's inspired by the JGTC Nissan Skyline R32 from the early 90s. It's not quick enough for Super GT cars in Gr.2, but would be able to handle modern GT3 cars.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Touring Car, similar case to the R32 Skyline TC. It's similar to the 1997 JGTC R33 Skyline, which is similar to the 1995 Nismo GT-R LM that raced at LeMans. The Mclaren F1 GTR currently in Gr.3 raced in the same class, so it would be placed here.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car, this isn't based on a JGTC R34, but is similar to the Falken R34 that raced on the Nurburgring. So, I would place this here or in Gr.X.

Group B:
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Rally Car
2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Rally Car

Group X:
1995 Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Touring Car, mainly because I'm not sure it would be quick enough to race against cars in Gr.4. I think it would either be here or in the N-class racing at the same level as the Toyota S-FR Concept.
2010 Toyota Prius Touring Car, it's kinda an odd ball for even a Gr.4 class.

However, if I had things my way. Well, I already said this a million times; I would create classes based on era. There would be a Gr.2 2010s, Gr.2 2000s, & Gr.2 1990s for instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back