Gran Turismo Sport One Year Later: A Game Transformed (Still Needs Content)

Well, it's pretty obvious that no-one got exactly what they wanted!

But go ahead and tell us all you would hate there'd be 1400+ cars and 41 tracks with 86 layouts...

We'll wait.
Well, I can tell you right now, a great many of those 1400+ cars relied on copy & pasted elements. Take the Le Mans prototypes. Be it the Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390, Sauber-Mercedes C9, Jaguar XJR-9LM etc. all felt extremely similar with only minor differences in downforce levels, power, braking ability and a few other elements like traction. And let’s not talk about the dreadful generic sound samples used in so many higher end competition cars as PD didn’t have the correct sample.

GT Sport’s version of the Sauber-Mercedes C9 is an absolute joy. Goes without saying it looks great. But it also feels unique, just as you’d imagine a late ‘80’s Group C car would. It also has a fantastic, accurate, engine note.

In GT Sport it’s a special, accurate, recreation worth every one of its however many million credits. In previous GT’s it felt like generic filler that could be tuned up to do completely unrealistic top speed runs.

the worst GT ever solely because of the penalty system
The single biggest accomplishment of the game as no one would have believed you could get clean racing, with thousands of players, in public lobbies. Every sim will be implementing their own version of PD’s penalty system and matchmaking.

It certainly went through some rough points. But today you can race for hour after hour without penalties being an issue.

Last edited:
I still don't think the problem is content amount, from the start the problem has always been content variety and it still is even after all these updates. These updates mostly have increased the car and track counts but not added much variety. Still lots of wasted space with cars that don't really matter while there's still so many cars people would love to see. Same with tracks. How is there still no real city tracks??? That to me is ridiculous considering the series has always had them. I really hope that upgraded Seattle is on the way. We need Monaco too. Also, where's laguna Seca?

Also, when they game does get shut down, they need to make the game saves work offline. It shouldn't be that hard frankly since the game does already save offline so before the game dies they need to release an update to make it almost fully playable offline.

But again, this is the communities fault to begin with. You people wanted to hack your cars in GT6 and cheat in online races, and this is what we got in return. Great job guys.

Same with tracks. How is there still no real city tracks??? ... We need Monaco too.

Dear Lord, please NOT Monaco. The only things going for that race track are its history and prestige. You take those out, and it's just a terribly narrow street circuit with virtually no overtaking points. I can already imagine a Gr.1 weekly race on that course: absolute mayhem.

It is the best GT ever.

It is. Although it's certainly not on content it is by far the best in the ways that matter the most - racing, driving physics, fun factor, graphics, sound effects, etc.

Frankly the old GT's all seem boring now that we can have great online racing. Nothing beats online racing. The AI is just not good enough to compare to racing real people and it never has been, ever. Plus, the driving physics and FFB are the most important aspect of any racing game and GT Sport has the best of the series in both like I said. Far more important than any offline racing career mode which frankly are repetitive and boring and only reward for doing them is collecting cars.

Dear Lord, please NOT Monaco. The only things going for that race track are its history and prestige. You take those out, and it's just a terribly narrow street circuit with virtually no overtaking points. I can already imagine a Gr.1 weekly race on that course: absolute mayhem.

It's one of the most enjoyable tracks to drive hands down. Plus, who says we have to race LMPs or GT cars on it? This track is a perfect example of why we need more open wheel and track day cars like Caterhams, and formula ford 1600's. I want it more than any other track at this point.

What city track would you suggest? I'd be happy with most but Monaco's my favorite. I'd love to see Macau even more though, which is like Monaco but better (or to you, much worse :lol:)

It's one of the most enjoyable tracks to drive hands down. Plus, who says we have to race LMPs or GT cars on it? This track is a perfect example of why we need more open wheel and track day cars like Caterhams, and formula ford 1600's. I want it more than any other track at this point.

What city track would you suggest? I'd be happy with most but Monaco's my favorite. I'd love to see Macau even more though, which is like Monaco but better (or to you, much worse :lol:)

Tokyo R246 comes to mind. It's a much better city track: compared to Monaco it's a lot wider and has more overtaking points. Macau is great, IF you want to recreate the epic GT3 pileup that happened last year :lol:

I would not say your wrong but hard at work seems like a far fetch.. given that Kazunori himself saying they have worked their hardest this year delivering contents. The next GT is definately in their minds but they seem to be well focused on GT Sport now and that is a good thing.

I would guess that the next GT is in the works and we could hear from it later in end 2019 or beginning 2020 along with the Next generation of consoles but time will tell, at this point I won't even get mad if they include the same models from the PS4 (with a slight better texture quality and LOD).
What I am curious to see is if the lighting and rendering will be on par with the static TOD we have now if they include Dynamic TOD.
Hell even if they include Real Time Ray-traced Global illumination I would give them praise.
As a game, what's new in terms of features after 12 months? The livery editor was a work in progress until the July update. It's not just a matter of weather conditions.
Some popular requests:
-free camera view in the dealership like every other games;
-a dashboard view and 360 deg camera;
-customisable HUD (fuel warning :mad:);
And many more like a revolution for the in-game economy, a better GT league with car prizes and championships, the return of log-in bonus or more community features like clubs.

And instead of more daily races, we have now weekly races. It reminds me so much the change of frequency for seasonal events at the end of GT6.

Tokyo R246 comes to mind. It's a much better city track: compared to Monaco it's a lot wider and has more overtaking points. Macau is great, IF you want to recreate the epic GT3 pileup that happened last year :lol:

That's a great track indeed. I actually like Rome from GT5/GT6 for that reason too though Madrid, and Monaco were always my favorites in those games. Also I really love Costa Di Amalfi and Citta Di Aria in GT PSP/4 but I bet you'll hate those if you hate monaco.

Monaco is a daft place to race. Citta Di Aria was a tech demonstration of how narrow a track can be and equally daft to race on.

Costa Di Amalfi isnt a street circuit.

R246 works because of the layout. So does Rome from GT5/6.

Seattle can't be remade as the layout isn't possible anymore.

Having to be constantly on-line doesn't really bother me that much but I am against having to have PS+ ($60 per year) just to race friends (made over the years of GT5 and GT6)! To me, that's a pain in the poopy region!!!

Apart from that, I'm quite happy with where GT Sport is heading. The new cars (Porsche in particular) are a good addition and the tracks, though lacking in number, are great content.

One thing I'm curious about is that, prior to the release of GT5, at least 2 Australian tracks were promised!? We got Bathurst and that was it - no more Aussie content...

FPV (Australian car brand - Ford Performance Vehicles) was taken from the game after GT4 and the Holden Commodore in GT6 was WAAAAAY out of date. Aussies play the game too and we want our cars in it!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
One thing I'm curious about is that, prior to the release of GT5, at least 2 Australian tracks were promised!? We got Bathurst and that was it - no more Aussie content...

FPV (Australian car brand - Ford Performance Vehicles) was taken from the game after GT4 and the Holgen Commodore in GT6 was WAAAAAY out of date. Aussies play the game too and we want our cars in it!!!!!!!!!!
Hear hear.....And I haven't found any Aussie photo mode locations yet, aside from test driving Mount Panorama? :confused:

I actually like Rome from GT5/GT6 for that reason too though Madrid, and Monaco were always my favorites in those games. Also I really love Costa Di Amalfi and Citta Di Aria in GT PSP/4 but I bet you'll hate those if you hate monaco.

Don't forget George V Paris and Opera Paris. I loved these tracks too. Splitsscreen Costa Di Amalfi was great fun. And Citta Di Aria with real slow cars blocking eachother at the steep parts, so you had to reverse and gain speed again to come over :lol:.

One year later and we still haven't got weather and snow tracks.

I'm not much worried about snow tracks because that was never the focus of the series, but dear ****ing lord the rain tires are available since the begging of the game yet they're useless because there's no weather option.

And then there are some smaller things that seriously annoy me like the static cockpit camera which wasn't static on the beta.

This game is doing great for now, but it could be doing a lot better than it currently.

That’s why it shouldn’t have been a priority. But it’s unique challenge that will add variety. For online racing the ‘80’s F1 car will be fun as will lower powered roadcars.

Other things that could be added to the game are -

a) body kits (brand names or PD originals)
b) more wheel brands (including Australian manufacturers)
c) special colours allowed on decals
d) GT Auto
e) road, sport and race brake options for road cars
f) original circuits that were re-made for GT6 to make their way into GT Sport
g) the ability to make a "slideshow" of favourited photos (all scape, all race or a mix of both)
h) the ability to share said slideshow
i) dents instead of sratches
j) longer lasting exhaust flames for photographers
k) if a player''s car rolls, stretch the time to reset out to 5 seconds or until the car comes to rest.

edit:
l) Add Australian scapes, cars and tracks
m) Add Australian V8 Supercars
n) Add Australian 'utes'

Not transformed enough! Still stupid how two cars racing very close together can ghost through each other meanwhile a turn 1 missile with a 240km/h speed difference is not ghosted! :crazy:

As much as I can understand people wanting more variation for the circuits, I have to agree with you. Monaco is a great track for time trial, but it has outstayed its welcome for actual racing. Both in the real world and the digital one. Especially in GT Sport I can picture drivers get penalties through no fault of their own because of other people.

I'm OK with city circuits. I just favor tracks that also allow for racing to occur without a guarantee for pushing and shoving. GT3's Tokyo comes to mind. Which by the way, I was devestated at the new version which suffers from what I mentioned above.

The game drastically needs Spa, Silverstone, a VW Corrado, a weekly race generator thats PROPERLY random, and the downshift to work properly when using an H pattern shifter.

But i can quite happily live without these, i still love the game.

One year and still the same three **** online races...

They need to:

- More race options in online mode

- At least one long race (close to one hour)

The game drastically needs Spa, Silverstone, a VW Corrado, a weekly race generator thats PROPERLY random, and the downshift to work properly when using an H pattern shifter.

But i can quite happily live without these, i still love the game.
Martin Grady, driver in the European GT Finals, said on one of his YT broadcasts that there may be problems with Spa appearing any time soon as he had heard the new owners of the track were asking for too much money.

I've never liked Silverstone, and would lose no sleep if it never appeared. Each to their own though eh! ;)

Other things that could be added to the game are -

a) body kits (brand names or PD originals) 👍
b) more wheel brands (including Australian manufacturers) 👍
c) special colours allowed on decals 👍
d) GT Auto :confused: Not sure what this is.
e) road, sport and race brake options for road cars 👍
f) original circuits that were re-made for GT6 to make their way into GT Sport 👍
g) the ability to make a "slideshow" of favourited photos (all scape, all race or a mix of both)
h) the ability to share said slideshow
i) dents instead of sratches
j) longer lasting exhaust flames for photographers
k) if a player''s car rolls, stretch the time to reset out to 5 seconds or until the car comes to rest.

edit:
l) Add Australian scapes, cars and tracks 👍
m) Add Australian V8 Supercars 👍
n) Add Australian 'utes'
👎

Thumbs up and down self explanatory, no thumbs I don't really care. :lol:

Am i the only one with opinion that GT league should have been an Official online league from Beginner series to Endurance series this would have much needed content in the game

"It is the best GT ever..." but it has only a handful of real tracks.
"It is the best GT ever..." but it has a fraction of the cars in GT6 (even discounting the duplicates)
"It is the best GT ever..." but the matchmaking is as poor as Quick Mode ever was
"It is the best GT ever..." but there is no Shuffle Mode
"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't play it offline
"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't create a track
"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't race in PSVR (and the AI is so slow, a 3 year old can beat it!)
"It is the best GT ever..." but it no longer has rain
"It is the best GT ever..." but it no longer has snow (or snow tracks)
"It is the best GT ever..." but if has no time transition or night racing
"It is the best GT ever..." but it has no Kart Space (the greatest kart track ever!)
"It is the best GT ever..." but it has no Goodwood hillclimb
"It is the best GT ever..." but it still has no drag track or test tracks

I'm beginning to wonder if those claiming this title for it ever actually played the others... 💡

"It is the best GT ever..." but it has only a handful of real tracks.

The fictional circuits are masterfully created, your point?

"It is the best GT ever..." but it has a fraction of the cars in GT6 (even discounting the duplicates)

Quality over Quantity. I'd consider having that instead of a million duplicates a plus.

"It is the best GT ever..." but the matchmaking is as poor as Quick Mode ever was

Objectively false.

"It is the best GT ever..." but there is no Shuffle Mode

Okay, fair enough.

"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't play it offline

Okay, fair enough.

"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't create a track

Course maker in the previous two games sucked.

"It is the best GT ever..." but you can't race in PSVR

Hardware limitations.

"It is the best GT ever..." but it no longer has rain

Hardware limitations.

"It is the best GT ever..." but it no longer has snow (or snow tracks)

Hardware limitations. (played PC2, racing in the snow sucks anyways. It's like rain but even worse traction)

"It is the best GT ever..." but if has no time transition or night racing

Hardware limitations.

"It is the best GT ever..." but it has no Kart Space (the greatest kart track ever!)

Horse Thief Mile is far better. For a man concerned with realism, you'd think racing those 125 shifters in an indoor kart place is unrealistic?

"It is the best GT ever..." but it has no Goodwood hillclimb

Can't race on it, not worth it in an ESports game.

"It is the best GT ever..." but it still has no drag track or test tracks

Does this look like a drag racing game to you?!

This game is the first GT game in forever that stood up and finally said: "I'm tired of being a dinosaur" and finally did something about it. It spat in the face of series tradition (stagnation) with it's initial marketing campaign. This game has balls, and I love it.

9/10.

snip* FPV (Australian car brand - Ford Performance Vehicles) was taken from the game after GT4 and the Holden Commodore in GT6 was WAAAAAY out of date. Aussies play the game too and we want our cars in it!!!!!!!!!!
^^This^^ 👍

My user name and avatar (my car) might be a bit of a giveaway as to why I'd want FPV in the game :embarrassed:

....but I also own an HSV and would love to see them both represented in GT Sport.

I really didn't mind the amount of content that GTS has when GT3 was like this before but the difference being GTS don't have GT Mode and some other features but I got no problems with that.

I'll just say this, GTS is the modern equivalent of GT3 with focus on quality over quantity.

I'm glad these monthly updates just keep on going.

That's a great track indeed. I actually like Rome from GT5/GT6 for that reason too though Madrid, and Monaco were always my favorites in those games. Also I really love Costa Di Amalfi and Citta Di Aria in GT PSP/4 but I bet you'll hate those if you hate monaco.

Those two are actually my favorite tracks in GT4, because I'm a huge Initial D fan. The races there were only 1v1, and I was a bit disappointed that GT PSP forced a car grid on those tracks.

The game still lacks a compelling single player mode. Multiplayer is solid but still has big room for improvement. I wish the countless Sport Exhibition seasons were replaced with something that actually mattered or felt useful.

Overall a decent game, but definitely not worth the 4 year wait

I feel like the GTS single player is about as complete as GT6 - as in, not very.

However if they keep adding stuff for say 18-24 months after release its close enough.

I do feel that only one Gran Turismo title for this ps4 generation is kind of poor (if this is true).

The ps4 is destined to hit 100mil by Xmas so would PD orphan us all?

Back