Gran Turismo Sport One Year Later: A Game Transformed (Still Needs Content)

PD could have done dynamic time change, but lower the graphical quality and get rid of the ray-traced global illumination.

PD went all out with GT Sport,GT always put the graphics as a priority since GT1,they would never ditch their illumination technique for worse graphics

So, only 1 new Track Added...OK

Like every other month update,yes.

Where is that gif from ps4 was under powered from day one
I've no idea where that gif is from, but the Ps4 is more than capable in that regard. Two Project Cars titles, Drive club, Dirt and more all have weather, some of them dynamic.

PD went all out with GT Sport,GT always put the graphics as a priority since GT1,they would never ditch their illumination technique for worse graphics
Standard cars and tracks in GT5 and 6 would suggest otherwise.

I've no idea where that gif is from, but the Ps4 is more than capable in that regard. Two Project Cars titles, Drive club, Dirt and more all have weather, some of them dynamic.

Standard cars and tracks in GT5 and 6 would suggest otherwise.

Yeah,i should've mentioned the GT5 and 6 standard models(ugh) and other disappoiting stuff,but graphics were a priority for them from GT1 to 4,what i was trying to say is that graphics as a priority is part of this franchise DNA

Considering PD were still debating this year on whether to go with dynamic or static weather, I wouldn't expect to see rain until the end of 2019 or into 2020.

In terms of features, I expect nothing new from GTSport. I'm happy to see some new premium cars like the Jaguar E-type, the Subaru 22B STI... It shows that Poly is building a much more coherent car list compared to the PS3 era. We just have to accept that the core of GTSport will never change and wait for the next GT on PS5 for dynamic TOD/weather, or a free camera in brand central.

Considering PD were still debating this year on whether to go with dynamic or static weather, I wouldn't expect to see rain until the end of 2019 or into 2020.

A year after release isn't that long for PD standards though. They waited 2 years until they released Course Maker for GT6, a feature which was in GT5 on day one. :lol:

I dunno why they'd bother with dynamic weather. All the races in Sport Mode + most of GT League are too short for that to matter anyway. They've already committed to making Sport Mode the focus of this game. They need to stick to their guns. otherwise, both groups of people end up unhappy.

I dunno why they'd bother with dynamic weather. All the races in Sport Mode + most of GT League are too short for that to matter anyway. They've already committed to making Sport Mode the focus of this game. They need to stick to their guns. otherwise, both groups of people end up unhappy.

They said in that interview they'd most probably choose static weather to make the development easier.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...ien_und_die_Zukunft_der_Serie_gesprochen.html

"On demand, he also confirmed that in the future also rainy weather will catch up. Although currently being discussed within the studio, but apparently will probably decide against a dynamic weather system. Yamauchi explains the enormously high effort that such a feature would bring, since it is not just a visual effect, but also the grip on the surface would change dynamically and the line on the ideal line would have to dry faster, for example. Rather than taking all of these factors into account, he finds it better to model the difference between dry and wet conditions as well as possible in the game, but to ignore the dynamic changes."​

they did it on ps3. ps4 easier development than ps3. 4 years enougj to makimg a game wtih these feature.
its unacceptible

Yeah,i should've mentioned the GT5 and 6 standard models(ugh) and other disappoiting stuff,but graphics were a priority for them from GT1 to 4,what i was trying to say is that graphics as a priority is part of this franchise DNA
Graphics were still priority. The car list was bragging rights.

Having read some comments here, I would like to suggest PD to change in the future version, as a GT super fan.

I would say there is one fundamental problem on GTS, honestly I don't like it very much.

On the one hand, GTS promotes Racing Etiquette, on the other hand, the cars in GT League does not.

Played over 300 endurance races, I found this very annoying. Hate to see the blue flag and the car in front is just blocking my way. Even worse, the cars would slow down and give way only a small space, sometimes move to the left, sometimes move the right, other times stay in the middle of the track. In addition, they make the slow cars fight against you at the corner.

PD should introduce dirty lane (maybe needs a completely new system to control the slow cars), the slow car should move to the dirty lane until the faster car has finished the passing. I remembered in previous version, when I flash the light, they will move away (the least they should put back, there is no need to test my passing ability)

The blocking ruined a long race, every blocking costs 2-4 seconds (in order to avoid collision) that it ruins to make FL.

There is another problem about tire wearing. Every time the Walkhorst can make the fastest lap at 28/30 when the RH tire wore around 75%, and my RS started to wear out at the 5th lap out of 8 laps life and was going to be slower. Different cars have the same performance even the wearing out are different.

Regarding the topic of rain: someone can simply interview Kazunori at the world finals and ask what he said (about rainy conditions) in the middle of the year is still in development or has been scratched to the next GT...

Plenty of updates and track/car additions so far, still nowhere near GT5/GT6 in quantity but quite an improvement.
Anyway, I think what the game needs most at this point, I think its RAIN

So we should all be screaming: LET IT RAIN!!

On a side note I remember a member here posted a picture of that specific event in which it "rains" that the wet surface does not reflect your own car rather just the objects/materials around...

I am no graphics programmer nor I know anything about it but could this be to maintain a stable framerate?

Not to mention the other effects of water drop and spray that would also put a strain on the stability..

I mean Forza 6 achieved a stable framerate on the Xbox One while having all these effects (not to mention the water puddles too)..

Back