Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 27, 2019.

1. GaLbaNoryes

GaLbaNoryes

Racer93 likes this.
  2. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

For a person who has all the updates already and has reliable internet I don’t see the point.

For a person who has no internet you can’t play the game anyways so I still don’t see the point.

3. Pigems

Pigems Premium

So if I am up to date on updates, this new game provides nothing new except a couple of free cars and some cash?

fastone371 likes this.
  4. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Yes, it’s just the base game with all the updates until now included with the equivalent of a pre-order bonus thrown in.

It would have been nice if they at least threw in some exclusive Group 3 and Group 4 cars in that are painted black for the collectors at least but as it stands there’s really no point in buying this aside from the box art.

AgentBlackDog and Pigems like this.
  5. Rubber

Rubber

This is good for future preservation, since the previous physical version of the game was bare bones.

6. Moglet

Moglet Premium

There is a fair amount of content in the offline mode now :tup:

7. symaski62

symaski62

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/news/00_4337104.html

Blu-ray Disc™: 4 October 2019
    Download: 4 October 2019

Includes 'Gran Turismo Sport' version 1.39 (Play Disc + Data Disc). The latest version can be played by updating the game via internet connection.

ProjectF and AgentBlackDog like this.
  8. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

No, what I meant was without Internet, Sport is a literal brick. You can’t even save the game iirc.

sirjim73, AgentBlackDog and Castrol96 like this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

That... is what the thread is about, yes.

10. acedition333

acedition333

I feel like they could of done it a better way. Hold off on any new content until Christmas week. Then have a Spec 2.0 that could of included possibly 2 new tracks and 7-10 new cars. Give it some hype. They went the boring route.

11. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

It's a bit misleading imo, the last time they used the Spec II name it was GT5's v2.0 update.

Correction: it was called Spec 2.0, hopefully you get my point, however.

courageC60 likes this.
  12. fiddle245

fiddle245

Kaz has too much obsession with looking beautiful and having cool friends like Michelin Porsche and Bugatti. Not enough obsession with fun cars and fun tracks. I don't want to date a supermodel if she is boring as DUCK.

fastone371 and TrafficEmpire like this.
  13. Castrol96

Castrol96

I think "Spec II" and "Spec III" were used for GT5 Prologue when they added more content.

14. symaski62

symaski62

15. pedrocor

pedrocor

The AC Ultimate Edition includes a bunch of DLC PAID packs, that would cost separately around 60 euros at launch price in Europe. Same thing for GT5, that had paid packs from cars to tracks, paint chips and racing suits and helmets, notably the track pack that included Spa-Francorchamps...
    At GT Sport there aren't paid DLC content, so it's a very different scenario.

16. AlanH49

AlanH49

My theory is Spec II branding and associated updates, ie a new intro movie, will be rolled out from October.

This also ties in nicely with GT Sport’s 2 year anniversary, the Taycan, Tokyo (home) FIA World Tour and probably Spa.

As ever, don’t take anything for certain, until confirmed.

17. Famine

Famine Administrator

silverman_GT, 05XR8, Rizla and 2 others like this.
  18. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I was under the impression they had changed that due to the backlash it received but after a quick search it appears I imagined that!

It's likely more useful for people with slow connections in that case. They can still save but don't want to have to attempt a huge download over several days.

19. Vspectra

Vspectra

I think Spec II is basically like the Deluxe edition of vanilla GTSport that just coincides with GTSport becoming apart of the new Playstation Hits titles. Would explain why they didn't wait until they were finished with all DLC content before making a Spec II; it doesn't even include data on disc for the recent rain, Sardegna road course, and car updates we got which means they had to finalize the Spec II content back in May. I don't think it has much meaning regarding whether future updates will remain free or not.

sirjim73 and Mattatsu like this.
  20. fiddle245

fiddle245

Street Fighter V did the same exact thing. Its to appeal to people who have never played GT Sport so you dont have to spend 20 hours updating the base game. Street Fighter and GT sport have the same business model.

Shingo_civic and Mattatsu like this.
  21. Slapped

Slapped Premium

That's always the case with Disk based games. Once the Gold Master has been submitted that's it, It's frozen in that state until release, and it may take many months from submission to having the product on the shelves depending on quantities, pressing slots, printing slots, materials sourcing and so on.

This generally why when you buy a disk based game even on day one you'll get hit with a patch straight away.

Rizla likes this.
  22. elston87

elston87 Premium

I rather like the idea that they're updating the physical release of the game. Install discs should be more of a thing for people who buy physical games nowadays. Instead of waiting a whole day to download both the game and all the updates, they're on the discs (at least, the updates are included until the May update). The bandwidth of a PS4 reading data from a Blu-Ray disc will probably top out any Internet connection speed I shall ever see in my life. :lol:

The name is confusing, though, because it kinda breaks the...naming convention, that the GT series has had? Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II had lots of new content from the original Japanese release, and Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 needs no introduction; it had so much content that it changed the face of the game entirely. Gran Turismo 6 never got a Spec II of any sort, although for GT6, an updated game disc with all of the game's content updates on it would have been nice, since it takes literally an entire day to install from V1.00 to the latest V1.22.

I still appreciate the fact that they're updating the physical release of the game, confusing name or not. Re-downloading everything once my PS4's HDD had to be replaced was a pain, but these discs would save me a ton of downtime. Maybe I'll consider picking it up just for convenience.

tankuroded likes this.
  23. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

So this is basically for people just jumping late into the game, nothing more.

24. GlamFM

GlamFM

True.

I think that´s due to the never ending content flow we have in GT Sport. They could have held the last 5 updates back and - boom - bring it all out at once and call it Spec II (and hoenstly make it $20 DLC)

But that´s not how GT Sport rolls.

They probably don´t even have the resources to work on a big update in the background while developping GT 7 and canking out monthly updates for GTS at the same time.

25. Lucas180

Lucas180

I was excitedwhen i saw this. for maybe a 10 car 5 track new wheels ,new paints....new GR4 spec cars..maybe? anything....but this is pretty much a non story :( ah well still love GT Sport

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  26. StealthVel

StealthVel

Now people will be asking for Spec III.

Darla Starch and ProjectF like this.
  27. rex1825

rex1825

...I really don't see a reason for anyone that hast those cars (even if one doesn't have those cars) to buy this "update", except if one doesn't have GTSport...

So, one question remains, will our current game be updated to 2.0?

28. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Try reading the news article first.

Canucks_9419 and ProjectF like this.
  29. VincentVendetta

VincentVendetta

Well now I know what my cousin's getting for new year's!

(also, there's nothing wrong with new players jumping in at a later point, stop crying)

FoRiZon and GlamFM like this.
  30. AlanH49

AlanH49

For a new buyer in the market looking for a physical copy. This version is in the spirit of a traditional Spec II with much more content than the original release.

As mentioned earlier. I do think we’ll get the usual trappings of a Spec II release in the next few updates.

GlamFM likes this.