Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

exclusive Group 3 and Group 4 cars in that are painted black for the collectors

Didnt even get any exclusives ingame from the original actual collectors edition. :indiff: did get a toy car, a book and a steel cover with a ramdom number on a sticker. :cheers::lol:

Street Fighter V did the same exact thing. Its to appeal to people who have never played GT Sport so you dont have to spend 20 hours updating the base game. Street Fighter and GT sport have the same business model.

Just to add to this as an avid SFV player, while the DLC strategy is generally the same. SFV’s Arcade Edition while updating the game and DLC to the current version, as well as unlocking all of the DLC characters released up to that point, the base game was also massively updated for AE. The game’s UI was updated, every character got a new mechanic (a second selectable V-Trigger), and the Arcade single player mode was added.

In my opinion (and this isn’t aimed at you Fiddle245, it’s just a general note about this having more of an update than listed), I think if a similar update was coming with GTS spec II, they would’ve been hyping this up months ago.

Last edited:
Did they hype it up or did we....?
I’m new here so I’m not sure what the community’s been like throughout GTS’s life span, but it seems a lot of people that already have GTS, got hyped when they saw there was a new version, but disappointed when they saw it’s not really.

It’ll only be good for bringing in new players as a new copy of the disk should allow for reviewers to give it a second review (though the announcement is real late so who knows).

Did they hype it up or did we....?
I think whoever wrote the newswire kind of hyped it up, to be honest. We were all expecting a Spec II update to release on this game at some point. It was probably just a poor choice of words, and that's why we all got hyped up. Now that we know that it's called the GT Sport Value Edition, hopefully the disappointment simmers down.

I think whoever wrote the newswire kind of hyped it up, to be honest. We were all expecting a Spec II update to release on this game at some point. It was probably just a poor choice of words, and that's why we all got hyped up. Now that we know that it's called the GT Sport Value Edition, hopefully the disappointment simmers down.

Spec 2 and Value edition are different things.

upload_2019-9-27_16-57-13.png

I think whoever wrote the newswire kind of hyped it up, to be honest. We were all expecting a Spec II update to release on this game at some point. It was probably just a poor choice of words, and that's why we all got hyped up. Now that we know that it's called the GT Sport Value Edition

It´s actually called Spec II.

Headline on Gran Turismo website: New Value Editions of "Gran Turismo Sport"
Headline on GTPlanet: Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

:odd:

That's literally its name:
upload_2019-9-27_17-13-11.png

upload_2019-9-27_17-13-45.png

upload_2019-9-27_17-14-40.png

What else are we supposed to call it, if not its name?

So, as someone who doesn’t have GTS yet, I’m curious how common is it to use Gr.3 cars in a race? Would getting these top 10 Gr.3 cars allow me to compete in the majority of daily races or only a handful?

What else are we supposed to call it, if not its name?

Technically your headline isn’t wrong, and I can see why you wouldn’t want to copy paste the official headline. That said, I would probably have written something like “GT Sport Re-Releases with Two New Editions”. Though, your article, your choice of words.

lol so that's pointless then.

But then again, I seriously doubted that the mythical Spec II update that would somehow turn everything around, and make every rush to GTS in droves would ever come, and it's obvious that PD doesn't really care for it either. Maybe that might temper things then, and they can poke holes into the 'this is just a teaser for a GT7 launch title on PS5' rumors next.

So, as someone who doesn’t have GTS yet, I’m curious how common is it to use Gr.3 cars in a race? Would getting these top 10 Gr.3 cars allow me to compete in the majority of daily races or only a handful?

There is always a Gr.3 race in the “daily” races. They are the most populated class and usually most popular class in Sport mode. There are very few times where Gr.3 doesn’t have a daily race online.

There is always a Gr.3 race in the “daily” races. They are the most populated class and usually most popular class in Sport mode. There are very few times where Gr.3 doesn’t have a daily race online.
Great! Thank you. Seems like this Spec II version is better for me then.

At first I thought it was an update like Spec 2.0 in GT5. All good though, this sounds a lot more convenient for new players.

I want the opinion from the Gran Turismo experts.. With the release of the Spec 2.0 can we conciderate that it's a sign that shows we are at the end of Gran Turismo Sport and we are close to Gran Turismo 7 release ? Thank you fellas

I want to opinion from the Gran Turismo experts.. With the release of the Spec 2.0 can we conciderate that it's a sign that shows we are at the end of Gran Turismo Sport and we are close to Gran Turismo 7 release ? Thank you fellas

“Yes, we have no intention of stopping those updates and additional content for the game,” said Yamauchi — even though he’d revealed to us in Madrid just how exhausting it was!

He continues: “I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don’t think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-paris-interview-part-2/

2 weeks ago PD announced that GT Sports would receive the 917 living legend in early 2020 and a Porsche vision GT in late 2020.

“Yes, we have no intention of stopping those updates and additional content for the game,” said Yamauchi — even though he’d revealed to us in Madrid just how exhausting it was!

He continues: “I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don’t think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-paris-interview-part-2/

2 weeks ago PD announced that GT Sports would receive the 917 living legend in early 2020 and a Porsche vision GT in late 2020.

I'm positive now that GT Sport will get a PS5 upgrade with increased draw distances and resolution.

To be honest, I was looking to buy GTS about six months ago, but all of the reviews of the base game were terrible, so I passed.

A week ago, I decided I needed a racing game on my PS4 so I really started digging and saw that GTS has been updated a lot and PD addressed some of the complaints.

Spec 2 should allow for a couple new reviews and allow a few more people to come to this same knowledge, with a little less digging and more media coverage.

It’s sole purpose is to get new buyers, and with its low pricepoint, it will do just that.

I don't know why so many people are upset.

This is aimed at people who don't own the game yet. Really not the demographic of users on this forum.

In the past Spec II was synonymous with a major feature update, and many were hoping such an update would also arrive for GT Sport.

So there are two dimensions to people's disappointment - One being Spec II doesn't materialize into what people asked for, and secondly it will probably not happen after this glorified re-release.

Clearly, "Spec II" is not for us, but more of just a way to make the game more accessible to newcomers. Not what I was hoping for but whatever.

Back