Gran Turismo Sport Special Editions Detailed

Digital deluxe version might not be an option given my lack of good internet.

Have whatever the original special edition was still preordered; going to find out what that one becomes now...

I wonder if I buy the eurpean collector's edition, if I'll be able to get my hands on the "American pack". With such a short car list, I hope PD doesn't cut 3 cars to people who live in different parts of the world.

If there packs can be bought ingame, well... less bad.

America Pack

i1TglRlVphDs1b.jpg

SRT Tomahawk Vision GT

i1ouw7WQQieKV.jpg

Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car

i1LWHiMtcwm3o.jpg

Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car

I'll preorder the collector's edition in the next days for 110,49 €.

I wonder if I buy the eurpean collector's edition, if I'll be able to get my hands on the "American pack". With such a short car list, I hope PD doesn't cut 3 cars to people who live in different parts of the world.

If there packs can be bought ingame, well... less bad.

America Pack

i1TglRlVphDs1b.jpg

SRT Tomahawk Vision GT

i1ouw7WQQieKV.jpg

Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car

i1LWHiMtcwm3o.jpg

Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car

I'll preorder the collector's edition in the next days for 110,49 €.

I noticed something:

upload_2017-7-13_13-19-5.png

It says Stealth Theme, so probably they will come with a black livery like the ones from GT5??

Guy at the game shop other day told me soon as he gets it I can come pick it up ;)

Off topic but how long will we have to wait till we see a official trophy list ?

I'm worried about the "Livery Sticker pack". Is it going to be some extra stickers to put in your car? Or practically everything but basic shapes will be available only with this? Or we'll have to pay for stuff in-game, but with this it's free (or discounted, or free a certain amount of times)?

Because having pre-order/special editions of games is sort of bad already, but o.k.; having extra content with it, makes sense; but having exclusive content, only available through it, not available separately as DLC, that's where I draw the line.

I hope that this is just free in-game, or "free" DLC, but my other favorite series, GTA, already pulled this bullshii, so I guess this how the modern gaming world is, everybody fuuing us in some way or another.

I'm worried about the "Livery Sticker pack". Is it going to be some extra stickers to put in your car? Or practically everything but basic shapes will be available only with this? Or we'll have to pay for stuff in-game, but with this it's free (or discounted, or free a certain amount of times)?

Because having pre-order/special editions of games is sort of bad already, but o.k.; having extra content with it, makes sense; but having exclusive content, only available through it, not available separately as DLC, that's where I draw the line.

I hope that this is just free in-game, or "free" DLC, but my other favorite series, GTA, already pulled this bullshii, so I guess this how the modern gaming world is, everybody fuuing us in some way or another.

Knowing PD logic, more like some kind of stickers that won't be available putside the pack (probably GT and FIA based logos or something like that)

I think it's bad only if it's content that is game changing (in this case would be specific cars or tracks). Stickers or avatars locked to limited or collector's editions are ok for me. I mean, the collector's edition costs +200% the price of the base game. Why buy it if you don't get anything exclusive, not even some stickers?

after playing pcars and AC, not sure i want to go back to winning credits to progress in the game
But that's how it's supposed to be! It's a GAME, not a glorified toy box. That was always my main problem with actual racing simulators (at least the ones I played), no progression at all, just pick a car and track, select if it's time trial, race or championship, and go.

I mean, I don't mind the arcade mode being like that, but I also want some sort of career mode, even if it's a basic one, like in Assetto Corsa. I don't want everything handed to me, HOW IS THAT A SIMULATOR? That's not how things work in real life. It shouldn't be impossible, or way too hard, like in real life, but at least have some semblance of realism in that regard.

I mean, won't you feel like an even better race driver? If you feel like you are earning that stuff? Even if it has difficulty options, so you can make it easier if you're not very good? Playing Gran Turismo games always made me feel like that, like I was one of the best. Only after actually playing online I discovered I'm probably BELOW average, not too bad, at least I try to drive clean (even in races in GTA Online, because apparently I'm stupid).

I think it's bad only if it's content that is game changing (in this case would be specific cars or tracks). Stickers or avatars locked to limited or collector's editions are ok for me. I mean, the collector's edition costs +200% the price of the base game. Why buy it if you don't get anything exclusive, not even some stickers?
Yeah, avatars, I don't really care, and yeah, getting extra stuff makes sense, but it being exclusive is well, exactly that, it's excluding poor people, or just people who don't want to spend twice as much.

And the problem is that this is the first time we are getting a livery editor in GT, so I'm afraid they might fudge it up like they did the car painting in GT5. Although I feel like with some work the paint thing could be great (GT6's not losing the paint after use was a step in the right direction), it definitely wasn't implemented well.
What if the stickers ARE game changing? Not that you have an advantage, but maybe they are stuff from famous liveries, which we won't be able to use on the base game? That's my fear.

It's not hard to see them doing something like that with brands that would require licensing, but even then, RMs in GT1 and 2 also missed some logos, and I don't think I really mind that, but what if even bigger stuff, the actual design, is locked? We don't know if the livery editor is good and easy enough for you to recreate these with just basic shapes, like in Forza, so it's very worrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. I live in the US, if I buy the EU Collectors edition, will all the packs and whatnot be able to be transferred to my US PSN account, and will the actual game disc work on my PS4?

Yeah, avatars, I don't really care, and yeah, getting extra stuff makes sense, but it being exclusive is well, exactly that, it's excluding poor people, or just people who don't want to spend twice as much.

And the problem is that this is the first time we are getting a livery editor in GT, so I'm afraid they might fudge it up like they did the car painting in GT5. Although I feel like with some work the paint thing could be great (GT6's not losing the paint after use was a step in the right direction), it definitely wasn't implemented well.
What if the stickers ARE game changing? Not that you have an advantage, but maybe they are stuff from famous liveries, which we won't be able to use on the base game? That's my fear.

It's not hard to see them doing something like that with brands that would require licensing, but even then, RMs in GT1 and 2 also missed some logos, and I don't think I really mind that, but what if even bigger stuff, the actual design, is locked? We don't know if the livery editor is good and easy enough for you to recreate these with just basic shapes, like in Forza, so it's very worrying.

Exluding poor people? Whoever buys a PS4 and pays 70€ for a game is not poor. Maybe you're young and have a limited allowence, but that's not being poor. Poor people probably don't have PS4s or the ones who have one, buy games second hand or on sales.

If you have the money and don't want to spend +100€, you can't complain you don't get the same stuff.

I never bought collector editions and I never saw myself as poor or less of a gamer. People make options and that's OK. I just don't like different editions having content that can influence the ingame performance / fun between players who bought dif versions (as faster cars, locked cars and tracks).

Let's see what this "sticker packs" are all about. If livery is free enough, we'll be able to reproduce all the "exclusive" stickers packed with the limited and collector's editions.

How can stickets be game changing? I mean, GTS is a game where the main focus is racing against other peolpe. Unless stickers give you some horsepower, I don't see how they could be game changing.

I'm planning on buying the collector's edition and I don't care about the stickets tbh. I want to create my own exclusive liveries.

Question. I live in the US, if I buy the EU Collectors edition, will all the packs and whatnot be able to be transferred to my US PSN account, and will the actual game disc work on my PS4?
The game disc will work but the voucher will have to be activated on an EU account. But after the activation, content should work with your US account too.

Guy at the game shop other day told me soon as he gets it I can come pick it up ;)

Please be careful with that. If word gets out he'll be terminated and you may be banned for accessing the servers early. Seems like a big deal. That's pretty awesome though! (Psst! Disable your internet if you play it early so that can't getcha!) lol

Just checked out the link on MAzon and they still show 12/29 as the release date. I guess I am going to finally get a PS4 now

The game disc will work but the voucher will have to be activated on an EU account. But after the activation, content should work with your US account too.

Normally micro DLC doesn't work on another account, so although the game will work (no EU account needed), the cars, credits, etc. will only work on your EU account.

Latest Posts

Back