Gran Turismo Sport Special Editions Detailed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 13, 2017.

1. black300zx

black300zx

I'm in the US and preordered the Limited Edition from Amazon last year before the delay. At the time the cars in the Limited Edition were not listed, but going by the GT page now it seems you get the Peugeot 908 twice. I hope this is not final, why would they do that given all other choices available in the various editions? The Limited seems to include the "Europe" and "Japan" car pack from other regions, why not include the SRT Tomahawk instead of the second Peugeot 908? It would complete the "America" pack (since you already get the Mustang and Focus).

These are the pre-order cars for all editions:
    • Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
    • Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
    • Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

And these are the cars included in the Limited Edition:
    • Audi R18 TDI
    • Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87
    • Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
    • Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr.1)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
    • Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
    • Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car
    • Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/preorder/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

I hope the Safety Cars are available to everyone and not just those who pre-order.

Not gonna bother getting the game at launch this time, need more info before deciding.

kjb and Lord Kacperov like this.
  3. jm79

jm79

4. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I find it highly ironic that your ranting about it being a GAME but somehow being a game it has to simulate real life at the same time. And if you want to get specific, at the upper echelons of racing, professional race drivers don't buy cars they are literally handed to them. They actually get paid to drive and don't own the cars unless they are also team owners. Not everyone wants progression in a "game". One gamer's progression is another gamer's roadblock.

novcze, Lord Kacperov and dolande like this.
  5. GusRocket

GusRocket

I brought my GTSport last year, the regular version. Now I want the Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition. Is it possible to upgrade? Can I cancel the old order to place a new one? Thanks

6. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Have you contacted the place you've pre-ordered the game from (I guess PS Store)?

TeamCZRRacing and Antonio_1989 like this.
  7. rinkly

rinkly

What do we get in Australia, no mention of this part of the world.

8. fortbo

fortbo

This, although many drivers are still considered pay drivers which means they pay for a spot on the team and it is usually a large sum of money.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  9. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

:nervous:

10. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

These feel very uneven and unfair, why does the digital version get more in-game stuff?

11. Silent Drifter

Silent Drifter Premium

I'm tempted to pre order the European Collectors Edition, mostly because of the 1:43 Mercedes that comes with it. It would sit next to my GTR that I got with the GT5 Collectors Edition, as well as the Gamestop Exclusive Porsche that comes with Forza 7.

I wish they would at least do the collector's edition world wide, and not just limited to Europe. I was kinda disappointed that Project Cars 2 Collectors edition was only for Europe too.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  12. Atwork

Atwork

Yes Amazon will stay up to date with the release.

13. jagenigma

jagenigma

No news as to whether we would be able to keep our cars from the beta...

14. GPR

GPR

Gran Turismo GT Sport Steelbook Edition - Exclusive to JB Hi-fi

or

Collectors Editon exclusively sold through EB games. Don't bother going in store though, was told it's sold out. Can still get it on EB online though, but limited stock, so if you want that better pre-order quick.

or

Day one edition - EB games

Dresden likes this.
  15. Ryan81

Ryan81

Hang on a sec I'm confused. These different packs that come with different editions. Does that mean you won't have any access to cars which are not listed in the edition you decided to buy??

16. H1s6n

H1s6n

Collectorediton on Asia looks better than Euro
    wondering ...

17. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

What am I going to do with currency made from racing in a game? I can't buy a house, invest in a hedge fund, take a cruise, or throw parties for my perceived friends in GT, PCars, or even iRacing. The logical reward based racing games seem to follow a credit economy in order to buy more cars or upgrade your team.

That's where the gameplay in PCars fell short in my opinion. You progressed by winning events and not credits, but what if I don't want to race F1 cars or run LMP endurance? My game basically ended once I played the events that interested me. Then it turned out to be another hot lapping/race the AI fest, only with fewer cars and tracks than GT.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  18. GBalao888

GBalao888

I think you get these cars already in your garage, as they say it's a "starter pack". The pace cars were also shown off in prototype builds of the game so most likely they'd be part of the core game, but I could be wrong.

Ryan81 likes this.
  19. ionstriker

ionstriker

If i don't get the Deluxe edition then will i still be able to purchase those cars in game? Or are they edition specific?

20. JulesDennis

JulesDennis

The Asia market is going to give them better sales than the Euro one -imo-.That may explain a few things about CE.

21. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

You have moved the goalposts so far I would need a telescope to see them.

22. AKps3

AKps3

23. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

But your post led me that way.

Is this what you want in a game? To get paid with real money to spend on whatever e-prizes you wish? That's the road I thought you were heading down.

24. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

No. The original post I responded to was attempting to define what a simulator was by how the game economy worked, among other things. This has nothing to do with personal preference which is the road that you are going down.

JulesDennis likes this.
  25. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Yes, and my preference is a credit based economy.

26. Ryan81

Ryan81

So it's almost not worth getting a special edition unless you want the GT S 1:43 Merc, Apex book and whatever other goodies you may get. It doesn't appear as if these car packs are exclusive as such, like the VIP packs in Forza. Just means you don't get early in-game access to them...

27. GBalao888

GBalao888

The other cars are more like getting ahead of time in-game for free, but I'm not sure about the pace cars.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  28. queleuleu

queleuleu

So, not a single word about a season pass? I think they can't ensure a steady rythm of DLCs. Or all DLC will be free like in GT6?!

29. Anonanon

Anonanon

Does this rule out a special edition PS4 whether it be a bundle or new color?

30. torque99

torque99

How can I get one in the UK? :nervous::sly::tup:

Marky264, ProjectF and BrainsBush like this.