Gran Turismo Sport Special Editions Detailed

I'm in the US and preordered the Limited Edition from Amazon last year before the delay. At the time the cars in the Limited Edition were not listed, but going by the GT page now it seems you get the Peugeot 908 twice. I hope this is not final, why would they do that given all other choices available in the various editions? The Limited seems to include the "Europe" and "Japan" car pack from other regions, why not include the SRT Tomahawk instead of the second Peugeot 908? It would complete the "America" pack (since you already get the Mustang and Focus).

These are the pre-order cars for all editions:
  • Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
  • Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
  • Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

And these are the cars included in the Limited Edition:
  • Audi R18 TDI
  • Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87
  • Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
  • Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr.1)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
  • Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
  • Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car
  • Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/preorder/

Last edited:
But that's how it's supposed to be! It's a GAME, not a glorified toy box. That was always my main problem with actual racing simulators (at least the ones I played), no progression at all, just pick a car and track, select if it's time trial, race or championship, and go.

I mean, I don't mind the arcade mode being like that, but I also want some sort of career mode, even if it's a basic one, like in Assetto Corsa. I don't want everything handed to me, HOW IS THAT A SIMULATOR? That's not how things work in real life. It shouldn't be impossible, or way too hard, like in real life, but at least have some semblance of realism in that regard.

I mean, won't you feel like an even better race driver? If you feel like you are earning that stuff? Even if it has difficulty options, so you can make it easier if you're not very good? Playing Gran Turismo games always made me feel like that, like I was one of the best. Only after actually playing online I discovered I'm probably BELOW average, not too bad, at least I try to drive clean (even in races in GTA Online, because apparently I'm stupid).
I find it highly ironic that your ranting about it being a GAME but somehow being a game it has to simulate real life at the same time. And if you want to get specific, at the upper echelons of racing, professional race drivers don't buy cars they are literally handed to them. They actually get paid to drive and don't own the cars unless they are also team owners. Not everyone wants progression in a "game". One gamer's progression is another gamer's roadblock.

I brought my GTSport last year, the regular version. Now I want the Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition. Is it possible to upgrade? Can I cancel the old order to place a new one? Thanks

I find it highly ironic that your ranting about it being a GAME but somehow being a game it has to simulate real life at the same time. And if you want to get specific, at the upper echelons of racing, professional race drivers don't buy cars they are literally handed to them. They actually get paid to drive and don't own the cars unless they are also team owners. Not everyone wants progression in a "game". One gamer's progression is another gamer's roadblock.
This, although many drivers are still considered pay drivers which means they pay for a spot on the team and it is usually a large sum of money.

I'm tempted to pre order the European Collectors Edition, mostly because of the 1:43 Mercedes that comes with it. It would sit next to my GTR that I got with the GT5 Collectors Edition, as well as the Gamestop Exclusive Porsche that comes with Forza 7.

I wish they would at least do the collector's edition world wide, and not just limited to Europe. I was kinda disappointed that Project Cars 2 Collectors edition was only for Europe too.

Last edited:
What do we get in Australia, no mention of this part of the world.

Gran Turismo GT Sport Steelbook Edition - Exclusive to JB Hi-fi

or

Collectors Editon exclusively sold through EB games. Don't bother going in store though, was told it's sold out. Can still get it on EB online though, but limited stock, so if you want that better pre-order quick.

or

Day one edition - EB games

Hang on a sec I'm confused. These different packs that come with different editions. Does that mean you won't have any access to cars which are not listed in the edition you decided to buy??

What am I going to do with currency made from racing in a game? I can't buy a house, invest in a hedge fund, take a cruise, or throw parties for my perceived friends in GT, PCars, or even iRacing. The logical reward based racing games seem to follow a credit economy in order to buy more cars or upgrade your team.

That's where the gameplay in PCars fell short in my opinion. You progressed by winning events and not credits, but what if I don't want to race F1 cars or run LMP endurance? My game basically ended once I played the events that interested me. Then it turned out to be another hot lapping/race the AI fest, only with fewer cars and tracks than GT.

Last edited:
Hang on a sec I'm confused. These different packs that come with different editions. Does that mean you won't have any access to cars which are not listed in the edition you decided to buy??
I think you get these cars already in your garage, as they say it's a "starter pack". The pace cars were also shown off in prototype builds of the game so most likely they'd be part of the core game, but I could be wrong.

What am I going to do with currency made from racing in a game? I can't buy a house, invest in a hedge fund, take a cruise, or throw parties for my perceived friends in GT, PCars, or even iRacing. The logical reward based racing games seem to follow a credit economy in order to buy more cars or upgrade your team.

That's where the gameplay in PCars fell short in my opinion. You progressed by winning events and not credits, but what if I don't want to race F1 cars or run LMP endurance? My game basically ended once I played the events that interested me. Then it turned out to be another hot lapping/race the AI fest, only with fewer cars and tracks than GT.

You have moved the goalposts so far I would need a telescope to see them.

You have moved the goalposts so far I would need a telescope to see them.

But your post led me that way.

And if you want to get specific, at the upper echelons of racing, professional race drivers don't buy cars they are literally handed to them. They actually get paid to drive and don't own the cars unless they are also team owners.

Is this what you want in a game? To get paid with real money to spend on whatever e-prizes you wish? That's the road I thought you were heading down.

But your post led me that way.

Is this what you want in a game? To get paid with real money to spend on whatever e-prizes you wish? That's the road I thought you were heading down.
No. The original post I responded to was attempting to define what a simulator was by how the game economy worked, among other things. This has nothing to do with personal preference which is the road that you are going down.

No. The original post I responded to was attempting to define what a simulator was by how the game economy worked, among other things. This has nothing to do with personal preference which is the road that you are going down.

Yes, and my preference is a credit based economy.

I think you get these cars already in your garage, as they say it's a "starter pack". The pace cars were also shown off in prototype builds of the game so most likely they'd be part of the core game, but I could be wrong.

So it's almost not worth getting a special edition unless you want the GT S 1:43 Merc, Apex book and whatever other goodies you may get. It doesn't appear as if these car packs are exclusive as such, like the VIP packs in Forza. Just means you don't get early in-game access to them...

So it's almost not worth getting a special edition unless you want the GT S 1:43 Merc, Apex book and whatever other goodies you may get. It doesn't appear as if these car packs are exclusive as such, like the VIP packs in Forza. Just means you don't get early in-game access to them...
The other cars are more like getting ahead of time in-game for free, but I'm not sure about the pace cars.

So, not a single word about a season pass? I think they can't ensure a steady rythm of DLCs. Or all DLC will be free like in GT6?!

Back