Gran Turismo Sport Special Editions Detailed

I was only joking it was US only ;)👍 I think I have passed the age to be wearing a cool GT Sport t-shirt out and about:P :cheers: I'm probably better spending my money on flowers for your very understanding wife:sly: 👍

And yet we agree again. I had put on my Mario Kart shirt because my son and I go to the euro Nascar races* within a hour. You can expect how he responded. So it is you who send flowers to my wife each month?

Back on topic: Yesterday I received an email from bol.com were I pre ordered both PCars2 and GT Sport. They cancelled all pre orders for GT Sport Steel book edition. Why? Due to an so called internal error (price too low, they offered steel book for the price of the base version). Now I have to re order a pre order. I'm in doubt if I pre order a hard copy or the digital edition via PSN. I think the last one.

* for those who are in the neighborhood of Venray (near Dutch-German border): https://www.racewayvenray.com/nieuws/9115-nascar-whelen-euro-series-eurocup-lmv8-op-raceway-venray

I only order digital psn games now. So much easier for me.

Edit: I was on phone earlier which I find hard to use so posting the Reason. In the past I have lost some decent game discs (faulty) and ended up buying the digital as well. I have had 3 discs now not working saying it was damaged/faulty each time (on different consoles). I keep them clean and boxed and it is always just when you want a game!

I know you can get them repaired etc but is hassle and since I brought them digital they are there straight away and work instantly. You don't need to keep swapping discs but obviously the downside is you can't resell the game. It works for me but maybe not be for everyone.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Europe Pack pre-order bonus (UK) will only be offered by Game? Amazon doesn’t mention it… at the moment.

Game state the following on their Collectors Edition listing

Plus these additional items:
-Dynamic Theme
-Audi R18 TDI
-Volkswagen VGT Coupe Gr.B Rally Car
-Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
-$500,000 in-game credits

I seem to remember this was last year’s bonus too so I’m guessing that’s why they mention the Volkswagen Rally Car instead of the Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak? The official GT site says the cars come with Collectors Edition anyway, but I suppose the additional money/theme for the same price makes it worthwhile.

Also considering the Steelbook Edition, but does anyone know if any of the virtual bonuses/car packs will not be purchasable separately when the game launches?

I'm a little confused with the concern regarding pre-order cars if I'm honest.

Yes, GT5 had Signature Edition cars and GT6 has Anniversary cars, all wrapped in their special liveries.
But I see no evidence of a similar scenario for Sport.

All I see is early (and free, well at least in-game Credit wise) access to those cars.

So if you would like a headstart to your garage, some extra starting Credits, and some livery stickers, go for it.
If not, and you would rather save your cash, or prefer to play the game from the start without any early game advantages, then don't.

If you're keen on some extras (like the car scale model), but want to start the game without a headstart, you can always get the edition you want, but don't redeem the in-game codes.

I know there's no positive proof, but at the moment I see no evidence that it will work any other way.

Sorry if it seemed like concern, only a request for clarification… if possible. Game have not replied to my email.

I don’t really need the book or model so that’s the reason I’m considering the Steelbook Edition then earn or buy the other packs. Although, I used the Mazda 787B Stealth more than anything else in GT5 so if there was an exclusive car/pack I would opt for the Collectors Edition.

Sorry if it seemed like concern, only a request for clarification… if possible. Game have not replied to my email.

I don’t really need the book or model so that’s the reason I’m considering the Steelbook Edition then earn or buy the other packs. Although, I used the Mazda 787B Stealth more than anything else in GT5 so if there was an exclusive car/pack I would opt for the Collectors Edition.
My apologies.
I had just finished reading quite a few posts across multiple threads regarding this issue.
So my post wasn't targetted at your individual post, hence no quote. 👍
I just thought this was the best thread to make a general comment.

But seeing as we are here. :P
Can I put forward this example?

In Aus., if I pre-order the Steelbook, I get the Toyota FT-1 VGT.
Collectors, I get the FT-1.
If I go digital and go for the Deluxe, I get the FT-1.

I find it highly improbable that means that if I don't pre-order, then somehow I lose access to the FT-1 in game.

There are probably other examples with pre-order packs around the globe.

I can't see cars being exclusive in any way due to pre-orders.
Nor exclusive liveries considering what's been shown.

Whether packs such as the Japan pack or Safety pack will be purchasable after release, I don't know.
But personally, I doubt it.
I would image that ship had sailed.
But who knows?

Every car should/will be available, pre-order or not.
But you'll have to earn Credits in game before you can afford them.
Hence "early access".

Last edited:
My apologies.
I had just finished reading quite a few posts across multiple threads regarding this issue.
So my post wasn't targetted at your individual post, hence no quote. 👍
I just thought this was the best thread to make a general comment.

But seeing as we are here. :P
Can I put forward this example?

In Aus., if I pre-order the Steelbook, I get the Toyota FT-1 VGT.
Collectors, I get the FT-1.
If I go digital and go for the Deluxe, I get the FT-1.

I find it highly improbable that means that if I don't pre-order, then somehow I lose access to the FT-1 in game.

There are probably other examples with pre-order packs around the globe.

I can't see cars being exclusive in any way due to pre-orders.
Nor exclusive liveries considering what's been shown.

Whether packs such as the Japan pack or Safety pack will be purchasable after release, I don't know.
But personally, I doubt it.
I would image that ship had sailed.
But who knows?

Every car should/will be available, pre-order or not.
But you'll have to earn Credits in game before you can afford them.
Hence "early access".

I actually wanted to clarify if GameUK will be the only ones offering the Europe Pack bonus… I totally agree that it looks unlikely that any of the pre-order bonus offers won’t ever be available by other methods. In fact, I pointed out the cars from the Europe Pack overlap with the ones already included with the Collectors Edition. If I do ever get a reply from them I will post here.

Also, “early access” is ambiguous at best. It implies that if you earn or buy game credit on day one you will not be able to buy the cars/packs included with special editions. Maybe it will be gameplay or some sort of time bar, but I can imagine a backlash if early access equates to not having to click buy in the dealer.

I'm a little confused with the concern regarding pre-order cars if I'm honest.

Yes, GT5 had Signature Edition cars and GT6 has Anniversary cars, all wrapped in their special liveries.
But I see no evidence of a similar scenario for Sport.

All I see is early (and free, well at least in-game Credit wise) access to those cars.

So if you would like a headstart to your garage, some extra starting Credits, and some livery stickers, go for it.
If not, and you would rather save your cash, or prefer to play the game from the start without any early game advantages, then don't.

If you're keen on some extras (like the car scale model), but want to start the game without a headstart, you can always get the edition you want, but don't redeem the in-game codes.

I know there's no positive proof, but at the moment I see no evidence that it will work any other way.
IMG_6638.PNG

I got a reply from Game:

They don’t think the bonus (Europe Pack) is an exclusive for them. They also doubt you will get duplicates of the three bonus cars that are already included with the Collectors Edition. If true it’s a bit misleading and it will just be a credit bonus. They now have an image at the bottom of the page and said to go by that instead of the text listing… it’s being passed onto their web team to update the page. So it is the Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87 instead of Volkswagen VGT Coupe Gr.B Rally Car.

There are other reputable retailers that do the Standard Edition, but I can’t find anyone other than Game/Amazon doing the Collectors Edition in the UK. Amazon still doesn’t mention any sort of pre-order bonus so as it’s the same price I just ordered it from Game.

The Limited Edition (AKA Day 1 Edition?) does seem to be an exclusive to Game though… as does the Steelbook Edition for Amazon.

I am looking forward to buying GTS, but I don't want to preorder or get a digital copy. Do we know for sure if the limited edition will be available in physical copies after release day? Several weeks after GT6 came out, my family bought the anniversary copy which I thought was exclusive to preorder.

Dan
I am looking forward to buying GTS, but I don't want to preorder or get a digital copy. Do we know for sure if the limited edition will be available in physical copies after release day? Several weeks after GT6 came out, my family bought the anniversary copy which I thought was exclusive to preorder.

We can't know for sure if the physical copies of limited editions will be available after release day. They will be if they don't sell out. GT6 had pretty poor sales which is why getting Anniversary edition post-release was not hard and you could find it as low as $30 a few months after release.

I'm not sure about GT: Sport sales. Of course, it will always sell copies just on its name, but the name doesn't carry the same weight these days. A lot of the fans don't like the new direction and confusing marketing put them off of the game. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it sells like GT6.

I can see these limited editions being put up on sales for Black Friday or Christmas.

Last edited:
This may have already been addressed at some point, but has there been confirmation of any exclusive content with a pre-order or special edition? Or is it all just early access to cars/money?

This may have already been addressed at some point, but has there been confirmation of any exclusive content with a pre-order or special edition? Or is it all just early access to cars/money?

I have pre-ordered UK Deluxe (digital ^^) and the only thing I notice is pre-orders will come with these additional packs depending on supplier.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/preorder/#detail
This comes with the Pace car pack
2017-07-25_114303.jpg

not the Japan, Europe or America pack .
Now I doubt these a will be an exclusive and you will probably be able to buy them in game but I notice it says it comes with a dynamic theme (exclusive?) + an extra 500,000cr (pre-order?) is this in addition to the 2,000,000cr and Chrome Helmet given as a bonus? @BrainsBush ? So we have 2,500,000 cr available day one to buy a few cars with? I wonder how much they are each! I hope not 1,000,000-1,500,000! cr like GT6 for the nice cars I will probably want! :ill:

I also note it says the game is an 'online car life simulator'?? under the Genre description and weighs in at 'over'? 60GB I think by the end of the year with updates this figure will be 85-100GB like Forza7. I am sure you will be able to play offline but this is the route they are marketing (on the PS store) Bottom right (3rd Line up) on image below.👍
2017-07-25_114100.jpg

Now I doubt these a will be an exclusive and you will probably be able to buy them in game but I notice it says it comes with a dynamic theme (exclusive?) + an extra 500,000cr (pre-order?) is this in addition to the 2,000,000cr and Chrome Helmet given as a bonus? @BrainsBush ? So we have 2,500,000 cr available day one to buy a few cars with? I wonder how much they are each! I hope not 1,000,000-1,500,000! cr like GT6 for the nice cars I will probably want! :ill:
View attachment 662791

Hopefully a helmet big enough to fit Brian's brains. Because with all these options and descriptions around the different pre order versions of GTS my brains are almost exploding or my brains are just not big enough to understand this sort of puzzles? Yes here is my one liner again: clear communication is also part of marketing ;)

Hopefully a helmet big enough to fit Brian's brains. Because with all these options and descriptions around the different pre order versions of GTS my brains are almost exploding or my brains are just not big enough to understand this sort of puzzles? Yes here is my one liner again: clear communication is also part of marketing ;)

I agree, at this point I'm looking at just getting a vanilla copy on day one. I can't be tempted with cars/money :lol:

With the fact that grinding can be done by setting up races of a length entirely of your choosing, using whatever cars you have available on any track you like, and, crucially, paying out accordingly, these special editions have never looked less appealing to me.

Call me an idiot, but grinding really shouldn't feel like grinding this time around.

Latest Posts

Back