Gran Turismo Sport Will Get Formula E Cars According to Kazunori Yamauchi

So, now that Formula E cars still aren't in the game 2 years after Yamauchi said that they were coming, do you think that they will still come to the game or will they be in gt 7?
Kaz never said they were coming, the original article only says that they are thinking about adding the cars and have talked to the series (even that comes from Google Translate. It was a bad headline.

It could just be me, having not played the game for quite a while, but just now I was messing around a bit in the livery editor, and I noticed there was a new Michelin tire decal to choose from. I clearly remember there only being two, the ‘old’ one, a ‘new’ one with the updated logo, and now there’s a third one that says “Pilot Sport”... Those are the tires Formula-E uses, or at least branded as.

So it’s possibly just wishful thinking, but could that mean Formula-E is actually coming?

It could just be me, having not played the game for quite a while, but just now I was messing around a bit in the livery editor, and I noticed there was a new Michelin tire decal to choose from. I clearly remember there only being two, the ‘old’ one, a ‘new’ one with the updated logo, and now there’s a third one that says “Pilot Sport”... Those are the tires Formula-E uses, or at least branded as.

So it’s possibly just wishful thinking, but could that mean Formula-E is actually coming?

These were added on 16th July and are the decals 'forced' to be used for all FIA events. Whatever livery you make or use, these decals will be on your car when you enter any FIA race. They will actually stay on the car too for as long as you don't change the livery, which is the only way to get tyre decals onto Gr.4 and road cars.

As @kilesa4568 said, it seems highly unlikely that Formula E will be added at this stage.

Such as when Kaz promised “over 500” cars towards the end of GT Sport’s lifetime, but only got 336 cars so far (including the duplicate Audi R18 TDI and Renault Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy.)
He never promised anything like that . https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1-Yi6K9ucb9SNUtGO_1kO6 Now correct if im wrong because english isen't my first language but could indicates something may happen but there's a chance it dosen't . And even if we take Kaz's quote "In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars."
I think 336 (currently) is a number within that range .

I dont understand the need for the mental gymnastics to justify the majority of Yamauchi's misleading or factually incorrect statements
So posting a reply with evidence instead of assumptions out of thin air is now called "mental gymnastics" ? And why on earth would i need to justify Kaz or anyone else?. Its basic common sense everybody knows around means approximately in that context. Im all for calling him out or anyone else for that matter on things they promised but they didn't deliver i can't say anything about the FE cars because he said they were coming or about the Lambo VGT and the 917 concept because he promised them with a rough time window for thair inclusion and we should've got them a long time ago. But the total number of cars wasen't one of these promises.

Can you find anything from Kaz/PD that says Gran Turismo was ever going to get Formula E cars?
This comes from the link provided in the article keep in mind its still google translate tho.
Are you thinking of introducing Formula E in GT Sport?

Yamauchi GT includes everything from old racing cars to the latest racing cars.I have already talked with the people of Formula E, so there is no doubt that Formula E will be added to it. That was the part i refered to at my reply above as well.

That's often the problem. The article even drops a load of disclaimers that it was a google translation so not even through a professional translator. The opportunity for the exact meaning to get lost is pretty big. It's then not uncommon for translations to then be misquoted that just makes the problem even bigger. Even when Kaz said GTSport should eventually have between 400-500 cars someone a couple of posts up has quoted this as being promised "over 500". Sometimes people just hear what they want to hear.

I find it best to not hope for anything and just enjoy what gets added to the game when it gets added. It removes the disappointment :)

Sometimes people just hear what they want to hear.
I agree with the entire comment but this hits the nail on the head. But according to some people i perform mental gymanstics to defend those lying japanese developers who scam us of our money with thair promises!.

It was becoming clearer over time that we wouldn't hit the target as the updates contained less and less cars, some people did the maths.

I think the only hope is a final update at some point, perhaps even when GT7 is out, which will contain the promised Lambo and Porsche models, and perhaps even some more cars, since the cars in GTS are downscaled anyway a lot of the work is done. I don't see it as too likely as PD will want people to buy GT7 but...it's not over yet.

He never promised anything like that . https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1-Yi6K9ucb9SNUtGO_1kO6 Now correct if im wrong because english isen't my first language but could indicates something may happen but there's a chance it dosen't . And even if we take Kaz's quote "In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars."
I think 336 (currently) is a number within that range .

So if you agreed to do a job for someone who told that they would pay you $400-$500 and when finished they only gave you $336 you would be happy and agree that was within the range agreed upon???

So if you agreed to do a job for someone who told that they would pay you $400-$500 and when finished they only gave you $336 you would be happy and agree that was within the range agreed upon???
Thats not a good comparison. Because they made the game you bought it for whatever price for whatever content at that time (assuming you bought it at launch it was 169 cars) with the rest being added free of charge and lets be honest in today's gaming landscape they could easily charge as for it in which case i woulden't have half of the total content but thats another huge topic which im not going into. So if i use your analogy that would like i said ill do x job finished it got payed x amount of money then i did more work for you for free and you are like "you didn't do enough free work! :grumpy: " Anyhow the quote says In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars.". The way i understand this is that the gqme will have a number close to 400 guaranteed and 500 in the best case scenario . If he meant that the game will have 400 at least and maybe 500 and i misunderstood (which like i said above is a possibility) please correct me.

This comes from the link provided in the article keep in mind its still google translate tho.
Are you thinking of introducing Formula E in GT Sport?

Yamauchi GT includes everything from old racing cars to the latest racing cars.I have already talked with the people of Formula E, so there is no doubt that Formula E will be added to it. That was the part i refered to at my reply above as well.
The Google Translate link in the OP says
"Yamauchi "GT" includes everything from old racing cars to the latest racing cars. I have already talked with the people of Formula E, so I'm sure that Formula E will join them."

Which is a lot less of a concrete statement than 'no doubt', it reads more like it is likely to happen at some point on some iteration of Gran Turismo, not certainly on PS4 before GTSport development is stopped. I have no idea why GTPlanet decided to make up a totally false headline for the interview confirming something then linking to an article which says nothing of the sort. On the positive side these cars are definitely in Project CARS 3 from the end of this week.

...as before, history repeats it self, PD couldn't deliver, they are in tight schedule for GT7 and PS5 launch, and if they give us all the content promised, they won't have anything new for GT7 to give, and in the end we as users would simply pay another 60$ on top of PS5 just to have game on PS5...

With the last post in November, before the pandemic and first post six months after, I don't think we can hold Kaz to those words today. I mean really, let the man slide this one time...

If we get blessed with anything at the end of this game, fine. If not, so be it. We'll see what we get for Gran Turismo 7.

I, for one, never really believed Formula E was coming to GTS. I could've sworn the statement was that Formula E was coming to the series in general, like in GT7. Besides, stuff changes in development all the time, especially with Covid factored in. I don't really hold anything against Kaz and PD, to be honest.

So posting a reply with evidence instead of assumptions out of thin air is now called "mental gymnastics" ? And why on earth would i need to justify Kaz or anyone else?. Its basic common sense everybody knows around means approximately in that context. Im all for calling him out or anyone else for that matter on things they promised but they didn't deliver i can't say anything about the FE cars because he said they were coming or about the Lambo VGT and the 917 concept because he promised them with a rough time window for thair inclusion and we should've got them a long time ago. But the total number of cars wasen't one of these promises.

I'm saying if someone told me to expect around 400-500 and I got 330 I would be seriously underwhelmed.

It wouldn't pass the sniff test for most people given its 15% lower than your lower estimate and 30% lower than your upper estimate. Its well below what most consider 'around'.

I find it pointless having Yamauchi talk to the media at all, his comments are so vague that the listener is left making assumptions in order to feel like anything of value was actually communicated. Then we end up arguing semantics like we are here when what is delivered doesn't match what was perceived that he meant. The only time I actually recall him making a direct statement about GT Sport was when he said there would be no microtransactions. Which was a lie.

It's like when he makes vague statements he wants the hype generated but without the accountability of actually delivering it.

Last edited:
336 isn't within range of "4 to 500 cars". It simply isn't.

I, for one, never really believed Formula E was coming to GTS. I could've sworn the statement was that Formula E was coming to the series in general, like in GT7. Besides, stuff changes in development all the time, especially with Covid factored in. I don't really hold anything against Kaz and PD, to be honest.

I think many of us arent invested into Formula E to care. Also I think this is a long line of disappointments this generation.

Among the many deficiencies, lacking Formula E is like the 99th thing wrong with GT Sport and PD at the end of the PS4 life cycle.

maxresdefault.jpg

I hold no hope for the future of GT Sport on ps4 and we hope things are better next time 'round on the PS5.

I enjoy Formula E, but unless PD is going to build tracks for it, the car will be not much fun at all. It’s not fast. Think Red Bull Junior, but take away most of the aero.

Plus, are you going to race it? Seriously, there is 6 single seater cars in GTS, yet you hardly ever come across a lobby hosting a race. There has been only 2 Dailies utilizing single seaters in the past 6 months. And even the FIA season past, we had 2 single seater races, and one was with the mess that is the F1500 car.

Can talk about broken or not broken promises all day long, but maybe PD simply looked at the data and realized if you are not playing with the single seaters you are already given, why waste the energy?

Back