Gran Turismo Sport Will Get Formula E Cars According to Kazunori Yamauchi

The inclusion of Formula E is fantastic news. It will be fun, close racing, all cars are pretty much the same after all.
In the other hand, from a business perspective, this is going to be a massive boost for both, GTS and FE.
I hope the match calendars calendars at some point, to maximize synergies.

How big would the chance be it’ll come with this weeks update? Probably nonexistent I guess.. but one can hope right?

Sorry for bumping a old thread, but didn’t see it fit to make a new one...

Anyway, with each passing month and updates getting less cars (especially race cars) it feels to me that the chances of Formula e actually coming to GTsport are getting slimmer and slimmer... I personally think that, if FE isn’t added by the time the new ‘19/‘20 season starts, which would seem like a proper moment to introduce FE to GTsport, it’s just not going to happen. Maybe there were (are) licensing issues (which PD seem the have regularly) or maybe Kaz was straight up lying about it, although that seems unlikely..

On a side note, if FE isn’t coming, maybe a “RedBull junior E2019” could be added instead? A electric version of the X2014 jr. car. I made a quick mockup of how I envision how it could look :)

4A206EB5-1197-4F22-8E24-B72C909BB902.jpeg

(with my attempt of recreating the Porsche FE livery)​

Any thoughts? On both the likelihood of FE actually coming and my ‘vision’ of a electric X2014 jr. car :)

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping a old thread, but didn’t see it fit to make a new one...

Anyway, with each passing month and updates getting less cars (especially race cars) it feels to me that the chances of Formula e actually coming to GTsport are getting slimmer and slimmer... I personally think that, if FE isn’t added by the time the new ‘19/‘20 season starts, which would seem like a proper moment to introduce FE to GTsport, it’s just not going to happen. Maybe there were (are) licensing issues (which PD seem the have regularly) or maybe Kaz was straight up lying about it, although that seems unlikely..

On a side note, if FE isn’t coming, maybe a “RedBull junior E2019” could be added instead? A electric version of the X2014 jr. car. I made a quick mockup of how I envision how it could look :)

View attachment 854392
(with my attempt of recreating the Porsche FE livery)​

Any thoughts? On both the likelihood of FE actually coming and my ‘vision’ of a electric X2014 jr. car :)

We don’t even know if a new GT game is going to be coming out after next year or not. PD could still be farting around doing FIA Championships on GT Sport in 2021 if a new GT game isn’t out by then. There’s no guarantee the next game will be a PS5 launch title.

We don’t even know if a new GT game is going to be coming out after next year or not. PD could still be farting around doing FIA Championships on GT Sport in 2021 if a new GT game isn’t out by then. There’s no guarantee the next game will be a PS5 launch title.
I don’t see how any of that has anything to do with what I posted...

I think a lot of what we here from Kaz is based on bad translations and massive over-exaggeration. Looking at the interview linked in the original article nothing is confirmed other than initial talks with the series yet we have the headline GT Sport WILL GET Formula E cars. No wonder the fans are so quick to criticise Kaz/PD for failing to keep "promises".

Formula E could do with having some presence on console games whether that's part of an existing title or a standalone game. I would buy it.

I think a lot of what we here from Kaz is based on bad translations and massive over-exaggeration. Looking at the interview linked in the original article nothing is confirmed other than initial talks with the series yet we have the headline GT Sport WILL GET Formula E cars.

This, but also I will add: it's quite amazing to me how many times people will continually get their hands burnt in the fire when it comes to what Kaz says will come in a GT game, and what actually becomes the case. How many times did he straight up lie about features that would be coming into GT5 or 6, or if they did come, they were nowhere near what was actually advertised? (Course Maker in GT6 being the greatest example, coming months after the fact and long after the game died and people were moving onto the PS4)

So again, why do people continue to believe what Kaz says? It's been obvious for a while that he often times runs his mouth when things are not fully set into place, which means that him and PD are liable to have the fans come in with pitchforks and torches when they point out otherwise, or when things shake out differently, as the Spa hullabaloo has shown us.

When PD and Porsche confirmed Taycan, 917 Legend and Porsche VGT (this car will come no before than end of next year)... So at least GTSport will continue get update the rest of this year and next year but the update getting smaller and smaller...

When PD and Porsche confirmed Taycan, 917 Legend and Porsche VGT (this car will come no before than end of next year)... So at least GTSport will continue get update the rest of this year and next year but the update getting smaller and smaller...
I was just about to type something similar. With the Porsche FE program, it would make sense to include at least that one car in the game.

With Porsche+Audi+VW, who knows? Maybe we get two of those FE cars between now and end of next year.

How will pit stops work???
Just a energy reset without changing vehicles?, I can’t imagine them doing the swap animation given how messed up the AI is just trying to get the vehicles out the pit lane.
An the over takes, who’s gonna be voting for the fan boost?

How will pit stops work???
Just a energy reset without changing vehicles?, I can’t imagine them doing the swap animation given how messed up the AI is just trying to get the vehicles out the pit lane.
An the over takes, who’s gonna be voting for the fan boost?
Car swaps haven't been a thing for a year and a half in FE. They would last for a 20 minute race C easily. DRS works on the Mercedes when you're not within a second so those push to pass rules don't really apply on GTS.

Car swaps haven't been a thing for a year and a half in FE. They would last for a 20 minute race C easily. DRS works on the Mercedes when you're not within a second so those push to pass rules don't really apply on GTS.

Ok, I haven’t watched the last two seasons, their temp tracks are kinda too thin and lead to crashes imo like Monaco.
I’ve never seen the AI use the DRS though in GTS.

Ok, I haven’t watched the last two seasons, their temp tracks are kinda too thin and lead to crashes imo like Monaco.
I’ve never seen the AI use the DRS though in GTS.

I watched about 15 minutes of an FE race a few years back, I was impressed enough to never bother looking for another race. I am not in the minority on that.

I watched about 15 minutes of an FE race a few years back, I was impressed enough to never bother looking for another race. I am not in the minority on that.

I actually didn’t mind it, I prefer closer racing like the lower formulas and single makes, only reason I still watch F1 is for the midfield because we already know it’s a Mercs or Ferrari show.

I actually didn’t mind it, I prefer closer racing like the lower formulas and single makes, only reason I still watch F1 is for the midfield because we already know it’s a Mercs or Ferrari show.

The cars just looked far too slow, it really didn't even look like a race.

Really not interested in this in GT Sport, playing the game most of us don't have rigs that can simulate g-forces but as long as all the other senses are stimulated we can still get a feel for the driving, sound is an essential part of this, driving electric cars in a game just feels dead.

Back