Gran Turismo Sport's Car Classes Explained

Group F formula cars lol I wish! Also wish they could get at least one V8 Supercar to go with Bathurst ohh well, maybe one day hey, we got Porsche back but so did everyone else. Codemasters and forza have licenses I think sucks

Really good work Tom the narrative was detailed yet made easy enough to understand. 👍:gtpflag:

I really liked how PD gave us practical demonstrations of the modifications for GR.4 cars and GR.3. You would be surprised how many people don't understand whats sets road cars and different road race disciplines apart.

Nice video, concise and to the point.
I thought I had an idea of the car classes but now I'm more informed.
Well done.

Good video and nice to hear @Tom again. Think he might have been going for the record in saying 'Gran Turismo Sport' the most times in a minute in the opening segment however :lol:
I thought I was the only one who noticed! :lol:

If the racing etiquette videos in the game are of this quality, it'll be incredible.

Cool post. I pretty much knew what each class meant and what they were modeled after when the beta came out but it is nice to have confirmation on how the road class(N class) worked out.

He did say Gran Turismo Sport a lot hahaha.

So FIA license but made up classes?

The purist in me probably hates is as much as you do, the aging person in me thinks: whatever. Turn 10 adds homologation classes in FM7 and I like them. GT:Sport groups cars in loosely based real life classes and adds some fictional cars, fine with me. SMS seems to stay more strict to real life classes with PC2 but when licensing gets more difficult they prefer to just group cars together as well (e.g. touring has both Super 2000 and TCR in it).

All three are prone to add fictional cars as well, Forza Edition vs Vision GT vs SMS-R. What matters in the end is that the game is fun to play.

The purist in me probably hates is as much as you do, the aging person in me thinks: whatever. Turn 10 adds homologation classes in FM7 and I like them. GT:Sport groups cars in loosely based real life classes and adds some fictional cars, fine with me. SMS seems to stay more strict to real life classes with PC2 but when licensing gets more difficult they prefer to just group cars together as well (e.g. touring has both Super 2000 and TCR in it).

All three are prone to add fictional cars as well, Forza Edition vs Vision GT vs SMS-R. What matters in the end is that the game is fun to play.

I don't mind the mix and match, it's that PD made a fair deal of having FIA licensing a while back, so you'd expect a reasonable representation of cars and tracks from the series.

PD being PD :/

Great vid btw :)

Very nice work @Tom ! That video answered my questions about how they are going to categorise the Group N cars too.

Very informative video, sequence and narration. For one like me who didn't quite know what the various categories were for, helpful indeed. And what a voice. Superb man. Cheers.

Gran Turismo Sport needs a Gr.2 class for the following Gr.3 cars Corvette C7,
Viper SRT GT3-R, F-Type, Vantage GT3, 650S GT3, SLS and AMG, R8, 458.

Really good explanation, but in the game it's so hard to find a car in a particular class without knowing it already. You can't sort the cars for sale by class, you have to go into the brand central, then into a brand, then into showroom and see if they have a car in that class or not. Like much of the GT Sport navigation, it's extremely clunky and unnecessarily complicated.

Back