Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives June 4

I can't understand people here, believing all that content is coming this week. Set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Anyway, New York circuit is most likely making a return in this update and Seoul and Hong Kong and Madrid... Yes, Madrid and... uhh.. umm.. Eiger Nordwand and Grindelwald.. "yeah, that's the ticket"... Grindelwald.

Tomorrow there will be a gigantic update with the following tracks:

El Capitan, New York, Seattle Circuit, SSR11, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Midfield Raceway, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring, Pikes Peak, Rome Night (LOL), Thaiti Maze and much more.

Thanks PDI! <3

jk
Costa di Amalfi, Motorland - all layouts and Citta di Aria , yes

What's all this delusional talk about a new track in this next update? Please set your expectations low.

I am only expecting the GPS track creator that was promised with GT6 to finally make an appearance. At least that was officially announced 6 years ago, so PD have had enough time to make sure it is perfect before releasing it, unlike all these track names people are throwing up.

When will you guys learn? Same thing each month.

Ooh full dynamic weather for all tracks and full VR functionality in sport mode you say? Perhaps I shall try it again.

Just tagging this thread so it reminds me to do the 40 minute update in case I do want to race again some time. My expectations could not be lower at this point :lol:

Some friggin better AI would be nice after all these years of them just brake testing you, it's rediculous that has never been improved, I'll be skipping future GT's if nothing done about it in whatever version is next

In all seriousness... there was a news item yesterday mentioning that real names will be displayed on leaderboards in-game, if you are DR S and consent to it.

So, I think there will be a UI update to allow this to happen.

In all seriousness... there was a news item yesterday mentioning that real names will be displayed on leaderboards in-game, if you are DR S and consent to it.

I thought it said real names would only be displayed on Top 16 broadcasts?

The Star Player application form said only for Top 16 broadcasts and World Tour events. The news items yesterday said real names would be used on the leaderboards on the website only, but not in game.

Not sure why only on the website and not in game. I'd actually quite like for real names to be used in the game. I think racing under a blanket of anonymity is part of the problem with dirty/reckless driving.

The Star Player application form said only for Top 16 broadcasts and World Tour events. The news items yesterday said real names would be used on the leaderboards on the website only, but not in game.

Not sure why only on the website and not in game. I'd actually quite like for real names to be used in the game. I think racing under a blanket of anonymity is part of the problem with dirty/reckless driving.
Has anything actually shown up on the website yet? Looking over the standings charts it all just shows PSN ID's like before.

You're right regarding names not appearing in game, my mistake. They may need to do an update so that real name will update along with PSN ID in real time to the leaderboards though.

As for racing under your real name. I have no problem with it, but regardless displaying your real name is opt-in and only for drivers with DR S (which I don't have a problem with). Doxxing is still an unfortunate reality for some eSports competitions which is a point of caution.

It is still just a game to most people, and unlike iRacing there isn't a continual financial investment in order to participate.

Wonder if it has anything to do with this.... real names of DR S players to be shown on the website leader-boards, but not in game.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4107473.html

The names of the Star Players (full name, short name, and abbreviation) as entered in the 'Star Player Registration Form' for Stage 2 may be displayed in the 'Sport' mode and Time Trials leaderboards on gran-turismo.com, in addition to their account for PlayStation™Network.

The details are as follows:

■ Players eligible to have their real name displayed in the leaderboards
・Players who were eligible and registered for 'Star Player' status for Stage 1 of the 2020 Series, and have given consent to use their real name on the Star Player Registration Form.

■ Locations where the real names and account for PlayStation™Network will appear
・Various 'Sport' mode and Time Trials leaderboards.

Please note that the leaderboards displayed in 'Gran Turismo Sport' will continue to show only the account for PlayStation™Network, and real names will not appear in-game.
As someone who doesn't like their name, I'm definitely not giving my consent... if I ever get DR S. :P

I'd actually quite like for real names to be used in the game. I think racing under a blanket of anonymity is part of the problem with dirty/reckless driving.

I don't think anyone can be anonymous with their PSN ID over their car. It does get confusing when people have a team abbreviation or something super long & mumbo jumbo letter/number combinations.

I don't think anyone can be anonymous with their PSN ID over their car. It does get confusing when people have a team abbreviation or something super long & mumbo jumbo letter/number combinations.

He was referring to using your legal, given name. Instead of HaydenFan69, it'd be listed as Jordan My Surname. I don't have an issue, but like mentioned, in some eSports cases, and with volatile situation found in many PS4 games, a bit of anonymity does keep the potential bullying at bay.

He was referring to using your legal, given name. Instead of HaydenFan69, it'd be listed as Jordan My Surname. I don't have an issue, but like mentioned, in some eSports cases, and with volatile situation found in many PS4 games, a bit of anonymity does keep the potential bullying at bay.

I don't think anyone's real name vs. your PSN ID will stop the jackhole driving. Some people believe that they are "better" drivers based upon their DR & win count. The horrible penalty system simply encourages dirty driving (bullying). People who bully someone in chat by making comments that violate PSN terms deserve to be banned, permanently.

Back