Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
There are an increasing number of ***** in this world because we, as a society, have taken away any consequences for their actions. This directly correlates to the style of racing that drives us all mad in Sports mode.
Truth.

I would be ok if they brought back the touring car pack and race models from GT5 as some sort of paid DLC. It would bring more variety to the actual racing cars, even if they put them in a seperate Touring Car/Time Attack class.

There's one livery maker that I routinely come across when browsing the discover section. It seems like they use the same basic template for every car, change the main sponsor and colours, and gets hundreds of likes. I don't get it :lol:.
I also thought that was "interesting", but at least they picked a clean template and not something obnoxious.

All the Redbull liveries make me angry. I can't explain why, I just have an irrational hatred for them.

Nah man, Monster Energy. I can tolerate the Red Bull logo, but the Monster Energy logo actually makes me physically sick every time I see it and I'm not joking.

There's one livery maker that I routinely come across when browsing the discover section. It seems like they use the same basic template for every car, change the main sponsor and colours, and gets hundreds of likes. I don't get it :lol:.
Either there are two such cases, or I know who you're talking about. Just waiting for someone to have the nerve to tell them about it.

I also thought that was "interesting", but at least they picked a clean template and not something obnoxious.

Either there are two such cases, or I know who you're talking about. Just waiting for someone to have the nerve to tell them about it.

I have the maybe unpopular opinion to give us at least a hint who this ominous livery maker could be.

And I have another unpopular opinion about this: If someone is really doing his own style at all the cars, this somehow a cool thing.

I have the maybe unpopular opinion to give us at least a hint who this ominous livery maker could be.

And I have another unpopular opinion about this: If someone is really doing his own style at all the cars, this somehow a cool thing.
I didn't bother to name the person cause at the end of the day it's their liveries vs my opinion. It's just liveries, and they're not hurting anybody. And I didn't see anything to gain from calling them out directly. Clearly they're doing something right so can't hate on them in that regard.

I don't, and never have, see what's so bad about the sounds in Gran Turismo games.

I remember the old games where I'd put a racing exhaust on a V8 camaro and then it would sound like a vacuum cleaner.

If you rock a chrome livery on your GT2/3/4 car, you're probably named Chad, or Brad, or Kevin :P

They are probably really bad at racing too, I am extra cautious around cars like this. :lol:

Whatever car I’m driving I have to match what shifter it has or I feel wrong. If it has paddles, I have to use paddles. If it’s a stick, I have to use my TH8A. I try to avoid stick cars in Sport mode at all costs ever since they made it paddles only :boggled:

Two unpopular opinions:

1. I hate paddle shifts

2. I refuse to use someone else's livery, or stock liveries. I will either just throw on a random paint job or make my own.

I wish I could agree but I have little time to race and what time I do have I wouldnt want to spend making liveries.

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, racing on anything but race tires is not as much fun. **** you and your sport tires. If I wanted to spent the whole race on partial throttle I'd just shoot myself.

The most fun is gr3 and gr4 cars with race tires.

Last edited:
Back