Gran Turismo Website Lists Goodwood Motor Circuit as GT Sport Track

PD's recent circuit choices combined with the Spa "issue" implies that the game isn't the success PD hoped it would be, ultimately guiding the licensing budget. In other words, the Spa fee would probably have been paid if GT Sport had brought in more cash. So instead PD is looking for low-demand alternatives. I may be wrong but I won't expect to see any more prolific tracks until GT7.

Goodwood leaked but still no sign of pikes peak :(
Glad i'm not the only one. I'd love Pikes Peak, Goodwood Hillclimb & some famous hillclimb/pikes peak cars.

Gran Turismo bought the rights to pikes peak a few years ago so it's pretty disappointing they've not done anything with it.

Not my kind of track, not bad, not good.
Sunday cup and little machines track.

My question is, this track is a Fia certified but the original circuits no?

PD's recent circuit choices combined with the Spa "issue" implies that the game isn't the success PD hoped it would be, ultimately guiding the licensing budget. In other words, the Spa fee would probably have been paid if GT Sport had brought in more cash. So instead PD is looking for low-demand alternatives. I may be wrong but I won't expect to see any more prolific tracks until GT7.
Original tracks like Midfield or High Speed Ring are free and popular. But I think you're partly right, Poly is saving some cool tracks like Deep Forest and cars for the next game.

I do agree with you on this, but I don't really believe it is necessarily a bad thing to look for alternatives. Being honest, there is a good contingent of players who would like to see Spa, Silverstone, Laguna Seca and other well-known tracks. These tracks appear in other franchises within the genre, and as pointed out by some members of this forum, maybe too often. Highlighting these low-demand or lesser-known circuits not found in other franchises may be the start of the circuits becoming series regulars and popular within the community. If GT7's budget is higher than GT Sport and all the well-known and lesser-known tracks can exist, GT7 will be larger than we expect. Again, this is purely speculation, but still a point to make.

On another subject but along similar lines, this is why as I mentioned in a previous comment in another thread why variations are important. I feel PD, and Sony in certain cases, have a problem with maximizing their potential with licensed content and their own brands, while trying convey the value of their products to the general public. Sony and PD do have an opportunity to utilize the relationships they have and the history they have created with their brands. They need to project it better to the casual player more than those who are in this forum. In this console generation between XBox and Sony, Sony has the momentum in this generation (aside from Nintendo, which I feel is on their own trajectory). However, Sony has has missteps and under-utilization on things recently like Playstation Classic and their first State of Play conference, which have not boded well for them in the public eye. I feel PD has had similar missteps under-utilization with things like the track variations, Senna license, Porsche license and NASCAR license which can draw the casual player in. To me, I understand licensing and making the content does take time. In addition, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with GT Sport and do not regret my purchase. However, the general public may have a different perception on the game and its direction, which are the players GT needs more than those who are loyal to the franchise like myself.

Last edited:
Would have been nice to get the track with this update, but it’s all good. Maybe it isn’t quite ready like they thought it might be. It looks short but fun and it will be a great track to run all the new cars we just got on.

This is a track I've always wanted to try. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun with the older race cars!

Hardly the most exciting track in the world is it? 💡

If they can't for whatever reason get in demand real world tracks like Spa then why don't they put their efforts into bringing back the classic GT originals like Grand Valley and Midfield Raceway? Not as if they need licenses do they....

Just like Interlagos was held back for GTS they are holding some tracks, cars and features for next game as well which is pretty normal. They don't have roll out everything they are planning for next game as free download for current game :rolleyes: With PS5 releasing next year. I think there might be a new GT demo or GTS with enhanced gfx as free update. With thrid gen ryzen I think programmer without much optimization should be able to increasing car count also if they want. Dynamic TOD and weather I am pretty sure will be on next game only.

Hardly the most exciting track in the world is it? 💡

If they can't for whatever reason get in demand real world tracks like Spa then why don't they put their efforts into bringing back the classic GT originals like Grand Valley and Midfield Raceway? Not as if they need licenses do they....
Maybe to switch things up. Things would get stale quickly if PD always included the same tracks, including their own. New original tracks would be a great replacement, though.

The situation with Spa is different, there was an article here not-so-long ago.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is always fun to watch and I hope Polyphony Digital adds the hill climb and road course layouts both with and without the chicane. Looking forward to seeing this in game, really enjoyed it last time.

This track looks simple but it is deceptively fast.

The chicane has been there since 1952 - except it used to be much more dangerous.
gpl_1963_goodwood_formula_juniors_attwood_lola_chicane_gardner_brabham_precision.jpg

Don't forget that Gran Turismo has been one of the Goodwood "main partners" for many years, at least for the FOS.
So in the end it is not that big of a surprise and not a "low-demand alternative".

I agree just as long as the tracks are fun.

Going to a new track having no idea how to take the first corner is one of the best feelings in racing games.

This track looks simple but it is deceptively fast.

The chicane has been there since 1952 - except it used to be much more dangerous.
gpl_1963_goodwood_formula_juniors_attwood_lola_chicane_gardner_brabham_precision.jpg

Someday someone learned that putting a solid wall so close to the cars is not a good idea when designing race tracks. *looks at macau*

Nice surprise and looking forward to its inclusion as its my local track (about 45 min drive away and in the same county I live in) and the first track I ever went to when I was 7 and went to a Revival event there (in fact along with Brands Hatch and Dunsfold Aerodrome I've been quite lucky having local tracks in GT games).

Its not just some of the more classic cars that can be used there, as Mclaren tested the MP4-12C there (I think there's a video somewhere of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button driving one around the circuit around the time the car was getting ready to be launched).

I think Clark has crashed in this track as well. I need to confirm that in my books.
ah yes, Clark did, thanks for reminding me too. He was driving the Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato and was involved in a crash with John Surtees in the Ferrari 250 GTO. (was the same weekend as the Moss career ending crash) The Clark/Surtees crash has become more famous in recent years due to the current value of the two cars!

Last edited:
I thought they also raced at Goodwood Motor Circuit besides the Hillclimb when it's Goodwood Festival of Speed. Seemingly this isn't the case.

I thought so too, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure there's a rally stage also at the FOS.

Back