Gran Turismo Website Lists Goodwood Motor Circuit as GT Sport Track

I thought so too, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure there's a rally stage also at the FOS.
They don't use the circuit, but there is a rally stage, yes. If you look at the map I posted earlier, you can see part of it to the east of the hill's finish line. There's also a top staging paddock where all the cars that have run up the hill assemble prior to heading back down to their pits, right next to the rally stage start.

I work for Goodwood's online content team, for both FOS and the Revival.

I thought so too, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure there's a rally stage also at the FOS.
No, they dont use the Motor Circuit for Festival of Speed. FOS is the hillclimb/drive at Goodwood House and the Rally Stage at FOS is at the top of the hillclimb in a wooded area.

EDIT: ah was too late

Its not just some of the more classic cars that can be used there, as Mclaren tested the MP4-12C there (I think there's a video somewhere of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button driving one around the circuit around the time the car was getting ready to be launched).

This is from the most recent Goodwood Members Meeting, it's officially an historic category for old Prototypes but I refuse to consider the Peugeot 908 and Oreca 03 old.

Not my kind of track, not bad, not good.
Sunday cup and little machines track.

My question is, this track is a Fia certified but the original circuits no?
People are missing out if they think Goodwood is just for smaller road cars. It’s really not all that different from the 50’s-80’s Silverstone layout. Flat-out with the odd chicane to slow the cars. 50’s, 60’s, 70’s GT’s and prototypes will be right at home here.

Although I love watching the races, I'm always curling my toes knowing these guys are thrashing multi million dollar classics around the track and unfortunately wrecks sometimes occur.

Although I love watching the races, I'm always curling my toes knowing these guys are thrashing multi million dollar classics around the track and unfortunately wrecks sometimes occur.

Racing old cars is a monkey paw's wish,great to see them at their limit,terrible to see them crash.It's also terrifying to crash one of those,you can see the door of one of the car just opens after the crash racing those metal death boxes takes alot of courage(and some stupidity)

This is from the most recent Goodwood Members Meeting, it's officially an historic category for old Prototypes but I refuse to consider the Peugeot 908 and Oreca 03 old.

Looking back at those LMP roadsters, those drivers were mental. I mean, Formula and INdy cars had/have no tyre protection and the driver's heads were out there, but that's still scary passing cars that are going nearly 50 mph slower.

Racing old cars is a monkey paw's wish,great to see them at their limit,terrible to see them crash.It's also terrifying to crash one of those,you can see the door of one of the car just opens after the crash racing those metal death boxes takes alot of courage(and some stupidity)
There’s some controversy over how many are genuine cars and not replicas. I’m not talking about manufacturer blessed reproductions. But private cars built up from spare parts being passed off as the genuine article. Not so much for the ultra rare stuff. But cars like E-Types & Cobra’s that are raced every other weekend.

Gotta love those old TVRs. Pretty much a coffin on wheels.

Going to a new track having no idea how to take the first corner is one of the best feelings in racing games.

Someday someone learned that putting a solid wall so close to the cars is not a good idea when designing race tracks. *looks at macau*
The street track in Macau is DISASTER.

This would be a great track for the 10.000.000 to 20.000.000 classics.

Still remember watching Chris Harris racing here with a super valuable Jag. And he won the race IIRC.
Waiting for 300SL and 507, as well as some old good Alfa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is a rally stage.

Wikipedia says the following: Goodwood Circuit is a historic venue for both two- and four-wheeled motorsport in the United Kingdom. The 3.8 kilometres (2.4 mi)[1]circuit is situated near Chichester, West Sussex, close to the south coast of England, on the estate of Goodwood House, and completely encircles Chichester/Goodwood Airport. This is the racing circuit dating from 1948, not to be confused with the separate hillclimb course located at Goodwood House and first used in 1936.'

Attachments

• 0000000000a2.jpg
    0000000000a2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
There’s some controversy over how many are genuine cars and not replicas. I’m not talking about manufacturer blessed reproductions. But private cars built up from spare parts being passed off as the genuine article. Not so much for the ultra rare stuff. But cars like E-Types & Cobra’s that are raced every other weekend.

This also applies to the ultra rare stuff. It's not a problem if the race entrant and organiser are honest about the provenance of the car. I went to a Historic festival at Brands Hatch last year which featured a front engine Ferrari F1 car - it was a copy - the original had been crushed by Enzo. This did not reduce my enjoyment of the meeting - I was glad that someone had gone to the trouble of creating an exact replica for racing.

It is a problem however, if people are dishonest and for example transfer the vin number from an unrestorable Ford GT40 (which used to rust into nothingness) onto a modern Safir GT40 and try and pass it off as the original car.

This is unlikely to apply at the Goodwood Revival where the cars are invited based on their race history.

Back on topic - I don't think the future addition of Goodwood to the track roster of GTS tells us anything about licensing issues with other tracks. PD will have been working on this track for a long time. I see this as a major coup for GTS made possible by their ongoing relationship.

As far as people who are knocking it - they are probably in for a pleasant surprise - putting a fast lap together is not easy and requires getting every corner spot on to enable good speed onto following straights. There are also some areas which take bravery and skill. I have heard Pro drivers name it as their favourite UK circuit.

Personally I hope the license isn't PD exclusive so Goodwood starts to appear in other games.

Hopefully it'll come with a bit of weather.

Watching Kenny Brack wrestling Adrian Neweys GT40 around Goodwood in the damp is a treat every time. One part excitement, one part nerve wrecking.
Lovely stuff!

Amazing, I tried so hard to recreate this on the GT6 track creator app. Is it likely that Goodwood circuit will be on GT7 when it comes out?

Are those wicker barriers on the chicane exit? :boggled:

Well spotted! Yes - there is a lot more wicker fencing visible in this coverage of the 1952 Goodwood 9 Hours. In those days wicker passed for Armco!

Is it likely that Goodwood circuit will be on GT7 when it comes out?

Presumably - but we don't know if it will be called "Sport 2" or "GT7" and it may not come for a long, long time.

Someday someone learned that putting a solid wall so close to the cars is not a good idea when designing race tracks. *looks at macau*

I mean, that's pretty much how every street circuit in the world is constructed.

Back